PDA

View Full Version : G1 transformers values?

omega3
7th September 2008, 06:47 PM
hi
I have a few g1 transformers that i am thinking of getting rid of and was wondering if they are worth selling or keeping
what i have is
Optimus Prime cab only in fairly good condition with a few stickers coming off and some slight scratches and paint coming off and no weapons or fists

Blaster with some stickers missing and cassette slot wont close and has a few loose joints and no weapons also handle is missing

Kup good condition missing weapon and loose joints

bumblebee fine condition except very slight crack just above one of the wheels, doesnt affect transformation at all and is hardly noticeable

Bombshell with instructions and weapon
, some stickers missing and weapon above the head is snapped off and lost

Topspin good condition spring mechanism doesnt work and some stickers missing

just wondering what i could get for this if i sold it on ebay or whatever
thanks

kup
7th September 2008, 07:37 PM
hi
I have a few g1 transformers that i am thinking of getting rid of and was wondering if they are worth selling or keeping
what i have is
Optimus Prime cab only in fairly good condition with a few stickers coming off and some slight scratches and paint coming off and no weapons or fists

Blaster with some stickers missing and cassette slot wont close and has a few loose joints and no weapons also handle is missing

bumblebee fine condition except very slight crack just above one of the wheels, doesnt affect transformation at all and is hardly noticeable

thanks

The firgures you have mentioned aren't worth all that much mainly because they have already been reissued and the flaws they have.

Topsping and Twinstwist have never gained value, possibly due to them being so abundant in the market.

Depending on the condition of the chrome, I may be interested in getting your Prime cab. My Prime's chrome has begun to blacken.

jacksplatt11
7th September 2008, 07:38 PM
what i suggest is to watch the same items on ebay that are in a similar condition, that way you can see what they go for and what to start it at and the like... perhaps others with more G1 toy knowledge could give you a money figure though...

Rampage
7th September 2008, 07:40 PM
hi
what i have is

thanks

rough numbers on what you have described

Prime Cab $15-20
Blaster $10-20
Kup $15-20
Bumblebee $10-20
Bombshell $8-10
Topspin $2

omega3
7th September 2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for your help guys

Kup my prime cabs chrome is also blackening especially on the smokestacks

GoktimusPrime
7th September 2008, 08:42 PM
As kup said, with the exception of Topspin, all those figures have been reissued which brings down their value - and we're talking about excellent condition... if you figures have pronounced damage and/or incomplete then you have to reduce the value even further. So yeah, don't expect much.

From rec.toys.misc FAQ (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/toys/misc-faq/part2/):
"The prices listed in price guides for carded figures are for C-10 samples. The price drops dramatically (sometimes to about the same price as a loose mint figure) if there are significant defects."

Pulse
7th September 2008, 11:11 PM
Maybe you could give your childhood TFs a new lease on life by hunting down some junkers & taking the best bits from both?
Or yours could become junkers for someone else? :)