PDA

View Full Version : Robots In Disguise Windblade

GoktimusPrime
24th April 2015, 01:48 PM
http://www.allspark.com/content/2015/04/robots-in-disguise-windblade-revealed-in-new-clip/

Hopefully it will mean a new toy.

griffin
24th April 2015, 02:58 PM
Eh... it's Drift all over again.
Hasbro has forced that character into every series possible since it was created. So expect a Windblade character in the next Transformers Movie too.

Why can't these Poochy characters just disappear as they are supposed to do... :p

BigTransformerTrev
24th April 2015, 03:00 PM
I think she actually looks rather good in that pic

UltraMarginal
24th April 2015, 04:05 PM

I agree and the little bit of footage I saw on either Seibertron or TFW looked pretty sweet as well, and it's good to see the 'fan built' character being more than just 6 months of fan service with no follow through.

UltimateGalvatron
24th April 2015, 04:33 PM

Yeah I do too.
I hope they make a new toy or re-release the old one as a redeco in the RiD line

Zommael
24th April 2015, 04:39 PM
Eh... it's Drift all over again.
Hasbro has forced that character into every series possible since it was created. So expect a Windblade character in the next Transformers Movie too.

Why can't these Poochy characters just disappear as they are supposed to do... :p

Because the first Windblade miniseries was rather good and successful at establishing her in the fan's minds as an interesting character? Or perhaps because she had a well-designed (if somewhat over-ambitious) first toy which was a strong seller and a highlight of the Thrilling 30 line?

I like Windblade, as do many others. Even Drift was well-written in MTMTE, up until the point that he left. Also, the IDW comics and modern cartoons aren't the sole province of 1984 nostalgic G1 fans. New is good. New prevents stagnation.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th April 2015, 07:25 PM
Sweet, new fembot, and a recurring-across-different series one at that.
Hope they release a toy.

MayzaPrime
24th April 2015, 07:32 PM
Because the first Windblade miniseries was rather good and successful at establishing her in the fan's minds as an interesting character? Or perhaps because she had a well-designed (if somewhat over-ambitious) first toy which was a strong seller and a highlight of the Thrilling 30 line?

I like Windblade, as do many others. Even Drift was well-written in MTMTE, up until the point that he left. Also, the IDW comics and modern cartoons aren't the sole province of 1984 nostalgic G1 fans. New is good. New prevents stagnation.

+1

I am rather enjoying the cityspeaker character... I even like Drift (MTMTE Drift). I am glad that Hasbro isnt afraid to use new characters.

i_amtrunks
24th April 2015, 08:12 PM
I know Griffin is taking the mickeys, but I must agree that I am glad to see her permeating through other series and lines.

She is the anti- Drift in many aspects, she is smart, flawed and not at all omni potent, more a reflection on the ability of their first writer as well.

The city speaker angle was very interesting and unique too.

prjkt
24th April 2015, 08:58 PM
That's pretty much a stylised version of the Takara Legends version, perfect match on the face paint. I wonder if Takara will re-release her along with Arcee later this year for those that missed out.

Be interesting to see how they characterise her in RiD...

GoktimusPrime
24th April 2015, 09:29 PM
Even Drift was well-written in MTMTE, up until the point that he left. Also, the IDW comics and modern cartoons aren't the sole province of 1984 nostalgic G1 fans. New is good. New prevents stagnation.
I even like Drift (MTMTE Drift). I am glad that Hasbro isnt afraid to use new characters.
Yeah, but MTMTE Drift is quite a different creature from when we first saw him. He's been deliberately "de-Munchkinised" and actually given flaws/weaknesses. He's no longer a god-moded Gary Stu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue). ;)

But I do like Windblade. Unlike Drift, she was never a Munchkinised (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchkin_(role-playing_games)) Mary Sue. Not sure what to make of RiD Windblade... jury's still out until I see her appearance. I just hope that she doesn't fall into the "Power Up" cliché; i.e. a new character is extremely powerful in his/her early appearance(s), but then later powered down when s/he no longer needs to be nigh invulnerable.

Jinto
30th April 2015, 04:04 PM
I really like the new RiD styled Windblade. She captures the same feel of the 1st comic mini-series. I haven't been thrilled with the RiD figures we've gotten so far but if they make one for Windblade I'll definitely take a look.