PDA

View Full Version : Unite Warriors Devastator

griffin
5th May 2015, 11:32 AM
Since this was tweeted from a reliable source (https://twitter.com/TFYUKI/status/595219930183639040/photo/1) (one of the Japanese Designers (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hisashi_Yuki)), I think it is fair to say that it is coming... teased from a silhouette of Combiner Wars Devastator.

I don't think this would surprise anyone about Devastator being released in the Unite Warriors line, but if this gets numbered as UW-03 because it is being teased before Defensor, I wonder if TakaraTomy are pushing Devastator ahead of the release of Defensor, to give them more time to be able to use the rumoured Motorcycle mould for Groove (if the rumours are true about Technobots being one of the first of the second series of Combiners... which should be out by the end of the year by Hasbro).

ampoldj
5th May 2015, 11:40 AM
Can't wait for the comparison pics with Hasbro :p

DELTAprime
5th May 2015, 11:45 AM
Not at all surprised. TFyuki said there are 5 UW sets coming this year and considering that there are 5 G1 combiners in the CW line (Superion, Menasor, Devastator, Defensor and Bruticus) it's obvious whats coming.

I wonder what the price will be on Devastator will be. Maybe over 20,000 yen.:confused:

Deonasis
5th May 2015, 12:38 PM
I am wishing hard that it is shunk down to closer to other UW combiner sizes but that happens so very very rarely..

BigTransformerTrev
5th May 2015, 01:58 PM
Not at all surprised. TFyuki said there are 5 UW sets coming this year and considering that there are 5 G1 combiners in the CW line (Superion, Menasor, Devastator, Defensor and Bruticus) it's obvious whats coming.

I wonder what the price will be on Devastator will be. Maybe over 20,000 yen.:confused:

Is Bruticus confirmed? I've heard a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors but nothing official. If so they would be following the G1 cartoon fairly well, with all the S1&2 Combiners coming out before the rest, though I suppose technically Devestator should have come first since he was S1

G1Optimal
5th May 2015, 03:20 PM

Hasbro Wave 4 is rumoured to be

Dlx class Prowl,Mirage,Suntreaker and Ironhide
Voy class Optimus Maximus and
Lgd class Rodimus
( all reusing combiner war Menasor molds )

is it possiseble that Takara might be releasing these as one of the 4 combiners and not Bruticus?

DELTAprime
5th May 2015, 10:56 PM
Is Bruticus confirmed? I've heard a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors but nothing official. If so they would be following the G1 cartoon fairly well, with all the S1&2 Combiners coming out before the rest, though I suppose technically Devestator should have come first since he was S1

We know they are coming because there are retailer listings of the limbs and Onslaught. Retailers don't put products in their computer if they are not getting them. Some unconfirmed sources say Onslaught is a heavy retool of Hotspot and is a missile truck.

Bidoofdude
5th May 2015, 11:01 PM
Hasbro Wave 4 is rumoured to be

Dlx class Prowl,Mirage,Suntreaker and Ironhide
Voy class Optimus Maximus and
Lgd class Rodimus
( all reusing combiner war Menasor molds )

is it possiseble that Takara might be releasing these as one of the 4 combiners and not Bruticus?

We've seen pictures of Rodimus and his wavemate, Skywarp. (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/combiner-wars-legends-skywarp-and-rodimus-revealed-181927/)

DELTAprime
5th May 2015, 11:38 PM
Also don't forget Takara Tomy have 3 lines going on with Hasbro Generations figures. Adventure, Legends and Unite. With 5 confirmed releases it makes scenes that UW is G1 combiners. If they want to release the Hasbro wave with Prowl, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Ironhide and Optimus they still have Legends and Adventure to put those remoulds into. CW Ultra Magnus is in Legends and CW Powerglide is in Adventure.

Personally I'm not holding out hope that Takara Tomy will release everything from CW. I'm going to buy the Hasbro Huffer, Blackjack, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Warpath, Viper and if they are better than my Henkei versions I'll get the Hasbro Autobot Combiners.

liegeprime
5th May 2015, 11:40 PM
We know they are coming because there are retailer listings of the limbs and Onslaught. Retailers don't put products in their computer if they are not getting them. Some unconfirmed sources say Onslaught is a heavy retool of Hotspot and is a missile truck.

I wonder who they'll retool /recolour for Blast Off? Is he still gonna be a shuttle or maybe this time a fighter jet? When you think about it though it is quite weird to have a shuttle in a group where the theme is combat vehicles.

i_amtrunks
6th May 2015, 07:01 AM
I wonder who they'll retool /recolour for Blast Off? Is he still gonna be a shuttle or maybe this time a fighter jet? When you think about it though it is quite weird to have a shuttle in a group where the theme is combat vehicles.

Heavy retool Alpha Bravo with wings attached to his arms where AB has his missiles would be my bet.

I think having Blast Off as a far (orbital) range sniper works with the combaticons. Not sure if I've ever seen him used that way though...

DELTAprime
6th May 2015, 11:57 AM
Heavy retool Alpha Bravo with wings attached to his arms where AB has his missiles would be my bet.

I think having Blast Off as a far (orbital) range sniper works with the combaticons. Not sure if I've ever seen him used that way though...

He was used like that in CR/RID.

Holdobot
6th May 2015, 12:38 PM

I think there is a good chance that vortex and blastoff will be both done out of alpha bravo. Obviously a fairly hefty retool would be needed, but we have already seen some major retooling for the Protectobots from stuntacons.

UltraMarginal
6th May 2015, 01:47 PM

I think there is a good chance that vortex and blastoff will be both done out of alpha bravo. Obviously a fairly hefty retool would be needed, but we have already seen some major retooling for the Protectobots from stuntacons.

my money is on Alpha Bravo being retooled to Blast off, his windows already look more like shuttle windows than helicopter windows. the long narrow body fits well too, all they need to do is give him some wings and replace the part supporting the rotor and the parts making up the tail.

Golden Phoenix
6th May 2015, 03:07 PM
Wasn't there a design picture somewhere of the Alpha Bravo mould with the arms remoulded with miniguns instead of missiles?

I though that was going to be Vortex

DELTAprime
6th May 2015, 08:41 PM
Wasn't there a design picture somewhere of the Alpha Bravo mould with the arms remoulded with miniguns instead of missiles?

Could be Vortex also, after all we have so many remoulds in this line I could imagine an Alpha Bravo with Vortex's head and a more major remould into Blastoff.

prjkt
6th May 2015, 09:04 PM

speculation on that was that it was an early design of the mould based on the combiner module hanging off the bottom, but could be wrong.

Bidoofdude
6th May 2015, 09:38 PM
I'm thinking Blast Off (and possible Brawl, though a heavy retool of Rook is plausible) will be completely new moulds.

griffin
12th June 2015, 11:28 PM
The Tokyo Toy Show is on at the same time as BotCon this year (June 20-21), and they will definitely be showing off their version of Devastator (https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/609331731066322945/photo/1) (and probably other future JP toys).

ampoldj
12th June 2015, 11:51 PM
I hope they show what Takara Devy looks like before Hasbro versions pop out the local stores (or online)

griffin
13th June 2015, 01:52 AM
It will be close, but I think we'll see the JP version on the 20th, and if BigW stores hold back the Hasbro version until the 22nd when the sale starts for ERC holders.

kurdt_the_goat
13th June 2015, 09:40 AM
https://twitter.com/TFYUKI/status/609491959632105472/photo/1

http://i.imgur.com/Slhfpbx.jpg

Deonasis
13th June 2015, 10:55 AM
So Takara additions are six guns for the individuals and if you look at the pic in this post..

The Tokyo Toy Show is on at the same time as BotCon this year (June 20-21), and they will definitely be showing off their version of Devastator (https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/609331731066322945/photo/1) (and probably other future JP toys).

..you can make out the (possibly combined) combiner gun. These appear to be absent from the SDCC and Hasbro versions.

Megatran
13th June 2015, 11:21 AM
So what weapons / guns do the individual cons have for the Hasbro & SDCC versions?

Deonasis
13th June 2015, 12:05 PM
So what weapons / guns do the individual cons have for the Hasbro & SDCC versions?None have been seen yet. Well.. not that is not true, read what Paulbot says in the next post.

And if some edition included token(*) trumpets the fandom will go gaga!!

* = Because some of these poor little green guys don't have elbows q_q

Paulbot
13th June 2015, 12:33 PM
Bonecrusher and Scavenger do have missile launchers (that turn into forearms) in the official pics.

DELTAprime
13th June 2015, 12:34 PM
Ok, looks like I might be giving the local release of Devastator a miss. I really want to see the deco now.

DELTAprime
13th June 2015, 12:36 PM
It will be close, but I think we'll see the JP version on the 20th, and if BigW stores hold back the Hasbro version until the 22nd when the sale starts for ERC holders.

Seibertron says the reveal will be at 10:30am on the 20th (Japan time). That gives two days for people like me to finalize which version I'm getting.

ampoldj
13th June 2015, 02:42 PM
I think the first pics of the Hasbro version of the individual constructicons have purple guns (each if them) :confused:

kurdt_the_goat
9th July 2015, 05:00 PM
Official pics from Amiami (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-012326)

http://i.imgur.com/8KVQJ5I.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3SHnoAi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jN61os5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e2HA5KZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3qXTewA.jpg

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2015, 05:04 PM
I kinda wish the eyes under the visor were toy-accurate yellow instead of red (which the show-accurate visor already covers). Nice gif btw. :)

DELTAprime
9th July 2015, 06:01 PM
I kinda wish the eyes under the visor were toy-accurate yellow instead of red (which the show-accurate visor already covers). Nice gif btw. :)

Don't forget he sometimes had red eyes instead of a visor in the cartoon. So you could say that both the visor and eyes are show accurate. Animation errors...:p

prjkt
10th July 2015, 07:02 AM
Don't forget he sometimes had red eyes instead of a visor in the cartoon. So you could say that both the visor and eyes are show accurate. Animation errors...:p

Might not be errors, could be a subtle commentary on accidentally leaving your sunglasses at home ;)

drifand
10th July 2015, 10:05 AM
Does he uses the visor a lot?

UltraMarginal
10th July 2015, 10:21 AM
Might not be errors, could be a subtle commentary on accidentally leaving your sunglasses at home ;)

G1 was so much deeper than people realise:D

griffin
10th July 2015, 01:17 PM

Or it could be from the flash photography or lighting on set, as the "red eye" effect was a common thing back then...
:p

UltimateGalvatron
10th July 2015, 07:45 PM
The visor looks way better then the eyes IMO. I think it is cool they have included that gimmick though.

Where is the best place to get him? Thinking online, not TRU

drifand
11th July 2015, 02:01 PM
The visor looks way better then the eyes IMO. I think it is cool they have included that gimmick though.

You got to be kidding me right? After 100 of post people have been basically advertising the store to buy from for just merely $10 more than the current hasbro version has been posted countless times across any devy board.

Hlj has released Takara version at 20,000jpy not the cheapest definitely.
But you don't need to out payments upfront

NY has it for 17,180jpy and if you ship it by boat it be cheap otherwise 5,000jpy for shipping airmail.

Fungal Infection
11th July 2015, 07:21 PM
You got to be kidding me right? After 100 of post people have been basically advertising the store to buy from for just merely $10 more than the current hasbro version has been posted countless times across any devy board.

Hlj has released Takara version at 20,000jpy not the cheapest definitely.
But you don't need to out payments upfront

NY has it for 17,180jpy and if you ship it by boat it be cheap otherwise 5,000jpy for shipping airmail.

Easy mate, he's asking for an answer not a lecture and even then you still haven't answered his question. Cheapest I've seen so far is either Premium Collectibles or TFIdownunder and both are local online retailers.

Tober
12th July 2015, 01:01 AM

As Fungal said -

TFI Downunder (http://www.tfidownunder.com/shop/takara-tomy-unite-warriors-devastator/) - $215 + shipping (local pick-up availablefor Brisbane). I believe they have recently introduced a 30% deposit rule.

Premium Collectables (http://www.premiumcollectables.com.au/products/transformers-unite-warriors-uw-04-devastator) - $209.95 including shipping.

UltimateGalvatron
12th July 2015, 07:46 AM
Ok cool. It's just so many places have it for similar prices I was wondering which one was cheapest.

drifand
12th July 2015, 12:00 PM
Ok cool. It's just so many places have it for similar prices I was wondering which one was cheapest.

Premium collectables has not been beaten in price. However some people may be concerned over packaging and will be willing to pay more.

The second closest price is tfi down under.

Nippon yasan stands third if you decide to ship by boat.

DELTAprime
12th July 2015, 02:26 PM
Premium collectables has not been beaten in price. However some people may be concerned over packaging and will be willing to pay more.

Is there an issue with PC's packaging?

drifand
12th July 2015, 02:44 PM
Is there an issue with PC's packaging?

Each to their own, some kick big fuss some wouldn't care. It's not hlj standards if that's what you want to compare to.

DELTAprime
12th July 2015, 08:57 PM
Each to their own, some kick big fuss some wouldn't care. It's not hlj standards if that's what you want to compare to.

So considering that I will flatten the box and store it in a tub probably not a big problem.

twincobra
12th July 2015, 09:15 PM

What's hlj standards to you? All my items from them have been damaged lately, I'm going to send a good email to them and cancel some items as well. Amiami have the best I've experienced form the JP retailers so far.

drifand
12th July 2015, 10:23 PM
What's hlj standards to you? All my items from them have been damaged lately, I'm going to send a good email to them and cancel some items as well. Amiami have the best I've experienced form the JP retailers so far.

That's a first I know, almost every single hlj item came to me is properly packed.
I suggest you ask them what's the deal, take photos and I believe you be compensated.

Again for me, I am happy to go with premium collectables but I have not gotten a single item from them yet so is a risk here .

drifand
12th July 2015, 10:23 PM
So considering that I will flatten the box and store it in a tub probably not a big problem.

That would be the same for me.

DELTAprime
14th July 2015, 01:19 PM
Well I've ordered from PC now and cancelled my HLJ preorder. As long as it doesn't look like a dogs breakfast I'll be fine with it.

Megatran
18th July 2015, 06:21 PM
Is UW Devastator packed in the box as Devastator gestalt (like SDCC version) or as individual Constructicons (like Hasbro Combiner Wars)?

Bidoofdude
18th July 2015, 07:10 PM
Is UW Devastator packed in the box as Devastator gestalt (like SDCC version) or as individual Constructicons (like Hasbro Combiner Wars)?

Hard to say at this point. If it's anything like the other UW releases, they'll be in alt mode in a plastic tray. I would like if they arranged him like the G1 box.

ampoldj
19th July 2015, 10:44 AM
G1 boxed arrangement would be nice if it fits the box and since these consists of 6 it doesnt need to be same layout as the other combiners (i.e.torso part should be in the middle and others at each corner)

We got the box size though via Takara Tomy Mall
W530×H355×D125mm

doublespy
30th July 2015, 06:43 PM
Shogo Hasui's interview in the latest Figure King magazine, translated:

TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1047812-figure-king-210-scans-uw-devastator-mp-ironhide-diabattles-adventure-qt-post12798928.html)

I was bummed when he moved from Masterpiece to the foreign product team, but now I'm kind of thankful for that.:D

And I think now it's pretty safe to say that parts count killed Scrapper's elbows.

Bidoofdude
30th July 2015, 10:40 PM
Shogo Hasui's interview in the latest Figure King magazine, translated:

TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1047812-figure-king-210-scans-uw-devastator-mp-ironhide-diabattles-adventure-qt-post12798928.html)

I was bummed when he moved from Masterpiece to the foreign product team, but now I'm kind of thankful for that.:D

And I think now it's pretty safe to say that parts count killed Scrapper's elbows.

At least Takara went the extra mile.

griffin
31st July 2015, 10:08 PM
It might upset some to have it implied that there won't be any Masterpiece combiners, but I'm happy to hear that this Devastator was designed in place of one, by a Masterpiece designer... which goes with what I felt from the aesthetic and sculpting of them, in that they fit right in on my Masterpiece shelf.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/c829.jpg

They fit more there then on the Combiner Wars shelf, because they are a lot larger scale to the combiner limbs bots.

drifand
1st August 2015, 09:59 AM
It might upset some to have it implied that there won't be any Masterpiece combiners, but I'm happy to hear that this Devastator was designed in place of one, by a Masterpiece designer... which goes with what I felt from the aesthetic and sculpting of them, in that they fit right in on my Masterpiece shelf.

They fit more there then on the Combiner Wars shelf, because they are a lot larger scale to the combiner limbs bots.

I am happy with this, I think I was one of the people who wanted a mp combiner, and seeing this I knew it was not happening. But devy is good enough.

ampoldj
1st August 2015, 10:41 AM
I am happy with this, I think I was one of the people who wanted a mp combiner, and seeing this I knew it was not happening. But devy is good enough.

Given how hard for Hasbro to make a budget just for CW Devastator it would really make sense now that they cant (wont) do an MP Combiner :(

drifand
1st August 2015, 01:10 PM
Given how hard for Hasbro to make a budget just for CW Devastator it would really make sense now that they cant (wont) do an MP Combiner :(

If they deal with the Ko issue first I think they would do well.

UltimateGalvatron
1st August 2015, 03:55 PM
I think even if they released a MP combiner (which would be Awesome), they would release every component individually to justify an unfair price.

Example
$130 for each Constructicon for Devastator, maybe a bit more for Long Haul and Hook as they are bigger then the other parts and have more Devastator junk to hide.
It old probably cost more if they did it without parts forming

UltimateGalvatron
1st August 2015, 03:55 PM
This bing said I'm gonna use my Constructicons as MPs anyway, just my 2c

Golden Phoenix
11th December 2015, 10:47 AM
My pre-order for this came in at HLJ.

Glad because I'm running out of time with the private warehouse.

drifand
11th December 2015, 10:56 AM

comes up to be $290ish shipped I think.

Golden Phoenix
11th December 2015, 11:28 AM
comes up to be $290ish shipped I think.

Give or take. I have a couple of other things in the private warehouse though, so the shipping will cover a couple of extra things.

BigTransformerTrev
11th December 2015, 11:33 AM

It's all I had in my PW as the rest of my orders wont be in until the end of Jan. $50 shipping for one toy - gonna have fun explaining that to the missus :o

Paulbot
11th December 2015, 11:58 AM
It's all I had in my PW as the rest of my orders wont be in until the end of Jan. $50 shipping for one toy - gonna have fun explaining that to the missus :o

Or $50 for six Constructions posted: $8 each. ;)

Zippo
11th December 2015, 03:22 PM
$320NZ walked out the wallet this morning for my Devastator.
Thankfully it was a planned purchase.

What I however have to do this weekend is change my display around so I can fit him in somewhere!

Golden Phoenix
11th December 2015, 05:04 PM
Or $50 for six Constructions posted: $8 each. ;)

I like the way this man thinks.

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
15th December 2015, 03:34 AM
From some Twitter user and via TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1057027-uw-04-devastator-hand-15.html#post13187859):

http://i.imgur.com/Jj0jwAY.jpg

Awesome! :cool:

Edit: We need the music as well!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uxCwekvKSw

Lint
15th December 2015, 07:06 AM
Awesome! :cool:

Edit: We need the music as well!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uxCwekvKSw

Get on with the ceremony!

ampoldj
15th December 2015, 07:47 AM
what a way to show all their elbow joints :D

UltraMarginal
15th December 2015, 10:11 AM
That's pretty freakin cool. if only they came with bugals:D

ampoldj
15th December 2015, 10:13 AM
and they just now revealed the coin design.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-transformers-uw04-devastator-asian-exclusive-coin/34382/

looks good :D

drifand
15th December 2015, 01:27 PM
and they just now revealed the coin design.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-transformers-uw04-devastator-asian-exclusive-coin/34382/

looks good :D

It just says this is actually a mp hence we give a coin.

FruitBuyer
15th December 2015, 02:02 PM

What? No, it doesn't mean these are Masterpieces.

UltraMarginal
15th December 2015, 02:18 PM

UW Guardian came with a coin as well.

Bidoofdude
15th December 2015, 03:03 PM
Trumpets are the most important reason for elbows.

drifand
15th December 2015, 03:07 PM
UW Guardian came with a coin as well.

Funny how grimlock mp didn't get one.

millhouse
15th December 2015, 04:46 PM
Funny how grimlock mp didn't get one.

They started after Grimlock.

drifand
15th December 2015, 06:00 PM
They started after Grimlock.

Which he was reissued a couple of times with no coin by Asia

millhouse
15th December 2015, 06:13 PM
Which he was reissued a couple of times with no coin by Asia

There's the rare King Grimlock coin and the coin-style-packaging crown.

drifand
15th December 2015, 06:25 PM
Anyway my uw devy is in its way ems. Should be here by next week

BigTransformerTrev
16th December 2015, 11:44 AM
Got mine today :D Wonder if I'm the first in Australia?

drifand
16th December 2015, 12:42 PM

Might be, first to post here anyway.

UltraMarginal
16th December 2015, 01:42 PM

where did you buy yours from?

BigTransformerTrev
16th December 2015, 03:37 PM

HLJ

UltraMarginal
16th December 2015, 05:10 PM

HLJ

Ah thanks. I'm wondering how long it will be before PC start shipping.

drifand
16th December 2015, 11:25 PM
Pretty sure my amiami one will get to me soon.

ZoonMaster5000
16th December 2015, 11:36 PM

Yeah me too! Don't think they have received their shipment yet. This was my xmas present so I might have put mp-11T under the tree so I have something open.

Megatran
17th December 2015, 07:45 AM

Yeah me too! Don't think they have received their shipment yet. This was my xmas present so I might have put mp-11T under the tree so I have something open.
The website states late December. Don't like your chances for Christmas but your other item is a real cracker.

ampoldj
17th December 2015, 07:50 AM
Im sure PC will combine both UW Devastator and Defensor for those who ordered both. id better make my expectation that these guys will get to me early to mid January

Megatran
17th December 2015, 08:00 AM
Im sure PC will combine both UW Devastator and Defensor for those who ordered both.
WOW! That's a super combiner mode. :p Any idea as to what this combiner will be called?
(The silly season has kicked in, me thinks)

Deonasis
17th December 2015, 08:21 AM
WOW! That's a super combiner mode. :p Any idea as to what this combiner will be called?
Hrmm.. that reminds me of a Marvel character who had the power to destroy in one hand and the power to create in the other. It was someone like Lawrence of Arabia :confused:

ampoldj
17th December 2015, 10:04 AM

If it gonna be like Toy Story i dont think they should be in the same box :p
How can you combine one that Destroys and one that protects :confused:

ZoonMaster5000
18th December 2015, 08:46 PM
Im sure PC will combine both UW Devastator and Defensor for those who ordered both. id better make my expectation that these guys will get to me early to mid January

Nearly spot on, they just posted an update on fb saying the shipment is on its way via sea. They hope to start shipping these out mid January. Might have to wrap up my thundercracker so I have a present under the tree!

drifand
18th December 2015, 11:35 PM
Ah crap mid Jan that's not the worse part. I am off till mid Jan damn.

Lord_Zed
19th December 2015, 12:26 AM
It sucks a bit, yet for the PC Devestator price I'm not complaining.

BruiseLee
19th December 2015, 12:38 AM
Hrmm.. that reminds me of a Marvel character who had the power to destroy in one hand and the power to create in the other. It was someone like Lawrence of Arabia :confused:

Testing my nerd cells here but seem to recall that there was a character like that in the Xmen 2099 series. One hand heals, other destroys.

ampoldj
19th December 2015, 02:59 PM
At least Defensor is coming already, wont mind to receive Devastator late January :rolleyes: