PDA

View Full Version : What TFs do you wanna see get a Generations toy?

UltimateGalvatron
6th May 2015, 05:19 PM
Sorry if this was already a thread but what Transformers do you want to see get a Generations toy?

Just say
Character Name
New Mould, Redeco, Retool, Head Swap
Size Class
Gimmicks and Accessories

So...
Broadside
New Mould
Leader Class, but only make him a Battleship, not a jet
Cannon with firing missile, Can carry Legends Class TFs in Battleship Mode

Tidal Wave
Retool (Broadside)
Leader Class
Dead Mini Con Port, Can Carry Legends Class in Battleship Mode, can combine with Leader Armada Megatron (without partsforming)

Rodimus
New Mould
Deluxe Class
Blaster Rifle

Energon Optimus Prime
Redeco (CW Optimus Prime)
Voyager Class
Combiner Torso, Two Combinable Guns

Prowl
New Mould
Deluxe Class
Compatible with Titan Class Devastator, Blaster Rifle

What do you guys want?

philby
6th May 2015, 07:40 PM
I kinda thought that Rodimus would get a new figure since he's been a pretty important character in the comics. He's getting a new Legends size one but I don't think it looks that great and would have preferred a larger size. Maybe the classics one is still going strong? I might need to chase one down if they aren't going to do that for a while.

UltimateGalvatron
6th May 2015, 07:46 PM
I kinda thought that Rodimus would get a new figure since he's been a pretty important character in the comics. He's getting a new Legends size one but I don't think it looks that great and would have preferred a larger size. Maybe the classics one is still going strong? I might need to chase one down if they aren't going to do that for a while.

I don't think the Classics Rodimus looks enough like his IDW appearance, and the Legends one is too small (I'm still gonna gettit though! :p)

CBratron
6th May 2015, 07:51 PM
Maybe the classics one is still going strong?
Classics is okay but the mold is visibly old enough to remind you this is Energon era toy technology.

I'd like to see a new deluxe class IDW Blurr.

MayzaPrime
6th May 2015, 08:00 PM
I have to disagree with Broadside... He has to be a triplechanger, anything less is a waste. I do like the retool option for Tidal Wave, which still can be done from the triplechanger Broadside.

I would like to see
Voyager triplechanger - Octane
Voyager triplechanger - Astrotrain

Titan class - Trypticon with a retool for Sky Lynx
Titan class - Predaking (can dream :D)

Deluxe - Targetmasters all of them

Legends - Beachcomber, Pipes, Brawn, Outback.

UltimateGalvatron
6th May 2015, 08:06 PM
How would they retool Sky Lynx from Trypticon?

The only reason I said only Battleship mode for Broadside is for correct scale, as there is not Military-eque jets anywhere NEAR the size of that Aircraft Carrier.

MayzaPrime
6th May 2015, 08:10 PM
How would they retool Sky Lynx from Trypticon?

The only reason I said only Battleship mode for Broadside is for correct scale, as there is not Military-eque jets anywhere NEAR the size of that Aircraft Carrier.

Thats for Hasbro to work out :p

The Lockheed C5 Galaxy would be a good fit

UltimateGalvatron
6th May 2015, 08:12 PM
@thelockheedstatement

Yeah I just looked up a pic that is a fair enough choice. But I still want him to be Leader, as Voyager is WAY to small for that.

Also Lol @ your Thats for Hasbro to decide comment

Trent
6th May 2015, 08:15 PM
Stormbringer Thunderwing. Leader class would do.

Haha. Scale. How novel. Triplechanger or GTFO ;)

MayzaPrime
6th May 2015, 08:15 PM
@thelockheedstatement

Yeah I just looked up a pic that is a fair enough choice. But I still want him to be Leader, as Voyager is WAY to small for that.

Also Lol @ your Thats for Hasbro to decide comment

Totally agree he has to be leader class, and Tidal Wave is a perfect retool option.

ILikeSoundwave
6th May 2015, 08:26 PM
Leader Class Sixshot.

prjkt
6th May 2015, 09:33 PM
Voyager Rodimus - tall in bot mode, but folds up nicely into a slightly larger than deluxe car - like ROTF Lockdown, but a tad more substantial

Bidoofdude
6th May 2015, 09:48 PM
Mine:

Rung
New Mould
Deluxe
Wheel thingy

Chromedome
New Mould (Headmaster)
Deluxe
Headmaster robot

Kup
Headswap (Generations Orion Pax)
Deluxe
Sniper rifle?

UltimateGalvatron
6th May 2015, 10:35 PM

But, I...but, but... Broadside... ummm

Ultra Mackness
7th May 2015, 05:43 AM
I'd love to see deluxe versions of the Omnibots Downshift, Overdrive and Camshaft.

I've been looking at characters from other lines to see if they'd fit but nothing really does.

UltimateGalvatron
7th May 2015, 08:18 AM
Thinking about it last night... a new mould Deluxe Elita-1! I don't think we have gotten a toy for her G1 self yet...

fatbot
7th May 2015, 08:41 AM
MONSTRUCTOR!

All six Pretender Monsters with the shells, repainted into Dinoking with new shells. All legends sized, with the shells, I would expect them to be at the deluxe price point.

Fort Max would be another, with re paints into Grand Max ( with pretender shell) and Brave Max. Leader class

A new mold for Scorponok, with a remold for Black Zarak, Leader class

Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx. All leader class

Trent
7th May 2015, 08:46 AM
That's another. Leader class Sky Lynx based on his IDW appearance.

T'would be awesome.

liegeprime
7th May 2015, 09:26 AM
MONSTRUCTOR!

Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx. All leader class

I prefer These three to be Titan Class. Okay maybe Sky Lynx be leader class but splits into two figures like G1 did, not one figure made into a triple changer...

and add the Dinobots there as well, leader class

finally complete the freakin insecticons with Kickback Scout class or legends class, whatever the new scout class type is..

Shame we can't have a proper reflector figure.

BigTransformerTrev
7th May 2015, 09:33 AM
Like you guys - a Leader Class Broadside with a retool for Tidal Wave. Personally I always thought his jet alt-mode could just be a huge Cybertronian Jet that the rest of the Wreckers could fly in (like Sky Lynx). No rule says he cant have a Terran battleship mode and a Cybertronian Jet mode.

In fact - has that ever been done before? A triple changer with alt-modes where one is from Earth and the other from Cybertron?

Besides that, I think all my wants have already been listed (Trypticon, Dinobots etc etc). Id like to see a Generations Slipstream too

Sinnertwin
7th May 2015, 09:48 AM
Classicsverse G1 combiners.

should've put some money down on it :p
but... my day won't be complete until i see some Terrorcons

UltraMarginal
7th May 2015, 10:44 AM
Thats for Hasbro to work out :p

The Lockheed C5 Galaxy would be a good fit

That is a pretty cool aircraft, I'd be happy to have a transformer that was a legit impression of that.

you're a funny guy:D
but I agree.

I'd like to see new targetmasters and headmasters, voyager class like brainstorm for the larger ones and Deluxe class for the smaller 'junior' line characters. but I'm happy to wait for combiner wars to play itself out.

Titan Trypticon, Fortress Maximus and Skorponok would all be very welcome.

Trent
7th May 2015, 10:56 AM
That is a pretty cool aircraft, I'd be happy to have a transformer that was a legit impression of that.

you're a funny guy:D
but I agree.

I'd like to see new targetmasters and headmasters, voyager class like brainstorm for the larger ones and Deluxe class for the smaller 'junior' line characters. but I'm happy to wait for combiner wars to play itself out.

Titan Trypticon, Fortress Maximus and Skorponok would all be very welcome.

I try :D

Scorponok would be bought. Actually, so would Trypticon.

Shirokaze
7th May 2015, 11:56 AM
Gen Terrorsaur would be pretty awesome :D Otherwise, I'd really like to see Nova Prime done properly.

Bladestorm
7th May 2015, 12:08 PM

Ditto to that! After seeing an original Trypticon at an expo last year I would LOVE to see him re-issued in some way so I could grab one for myself.

Trent
7th May 2015, 12:48 PM
Ditto to that! After seeing an original Trypticon at an expo last year I would LOVE to see him re-issued in some way so I could grab one for myself.

Rumour is that G1 Trypticon will see a reissue this year...

BigTransformerTrev
7th May 2015, 05:26 PM

I'd like to see Grandus & Overlord - the often forgotten battle base bots

Firestorm
7th May 2015, 08:15 PM
Legends Kickback (New Mould)
Legends Gnaw (New Mould finally released)
Legends Vehicon Thrust (New Mould)

Deluxe Terrorsaur (New Mould)
Deluxe Predacon Scorponok (New Mould)
Deluxe Blackarachnia (New Mould)
Deluxe Tarantulas (Extensive remould of Blackarachnia)
Deluxe Tigatron (New Mould)
Deluxe Cheetor (Remould of Tigatron)
Deluxe Nightscream (New Mould)
Deluxe Jetstorm (New Mould)
Deluxe MTMTE Rodimus (New Mould)
Deluxe MTMTE Rung (New Mould)
Deluxe MTMTE Nautica (New Mould)
Deluxe MTMTE Chromedome (New Mould, preferably not a Headmaster)
Deluxe MTMTE Riptide (Extensive remould of Nautica)
Deluxe G1-ified Thunderblast (Remould/repaint of Nautica)
Deluxe Slipstream (Remould of Windblade)

Voyager MTMTE Tarn (New Mould)
Voyager Megatron (Remould of Tarn)

Leader Broadside (New Mould Tripple-changer)
Leader Overlord (New Mould)

I'll stop now so as not to seem too greedy :p

optimus1
8th May 2015, 12:59 PM
Here's some wishful thinking of mine:

Legends Class
Quintessons!!! judges, Executioner, scientists?
Spike/Daniel (Exo suit from MP Bumblebee???)

Deluxe Class
G1 Gnaw
Impactor
Rack n' Ruin

Voyager Class
G1 Rotorstorm

Leader Class
Overlord

Titan Class
G1 Omega Supreme

Ode to a Grasshopper
8th May 2015, 08:13 PM
^^ I like how these guys think.

1: More fembots.

Nautica for sure.
(Large) Voyager or Leader-class Strika.
Legends-class Nickel of the D.J.D.
Deluxe-class Classics/Generations-style Airachnid. Done right - or at least less horribly wrong - this time.

2: Legends Kickback and 3-pack Sharkticons.
Also Combiner Wars Deluxe Sweeps, to serve as limbs for Galvatronus and/or as additional Sweeps. Really, just more army-builders as case-filler figures in general.

3: "Disguise" Bumblebee. Instead of doing endless Bumblebee repaints, how about giving us one Bumblebee per line in a 'disguise' theme with alternate (and easily-swappable) heads representing Bumper, Hubcap, and Goldbug (and/or other Bumblebee-ish figures), so we can turn some of those excess 'bees into (whatever)-verse other characters? Hell, just make the heads easily replaceable and release a few alternate heads at the same pricepoint as a Legends figure - it'll still be better than New Hat Bumblebee in Wave 2, followed by Hot Date Bumblebee in Wave 3, followed by Gone Fishing Bumblebee in Wave 4, etc. etc.

4: many, many others. Too many to name them all, but two that stand out are:
Titan-class Unicron and Primus.
I'd love a Titan-class Predaking too, but really...if anyone deserves/needs a huge toy it's Unicron and Primus.

Paulbot
8th May 2015, 09:01 PM
Saw this on a TFW sig and thought it a good idea I'd like to see, thinking outside the square: Combiner Wars Smolder

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/cbff/cwsmolder_zpsotnedkqj.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cbff/media/cwsmolder_zpsotnedkqj.jpg.html)

(he was my fave PCC new identity; there's not enough Decepticon rescue vehicles.)

MayzaPrime
8th May 2015, 09:15 PM
Saw this on a TFW sig and thought it a good idea I'd like to see, thinking outside the square: Combiner Wars Smolder

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/cbff/cwsmolder_zpsotnedkqj.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cbff/media/cwsmolder_zpsotnedkqj.jpg.html)

(he was my fave PCC new identity; there's not enough Decepticon rescue vehicles.)

That is actually pretty cool :cool:

Zommael
8th May 2015, 10:19 PM
I don't want to see any more season 1 cast members being done again. Anything post-US G1 cartoon is fine in my book: comic characters, Japanese exclusives, later franchises, etc. I'm just sick up to here with the S1 cast getting all the toys, especially in Masterpiece, and feel Generations should go with the more interesting characters.

But Combiner Wars is fine, I just hope next year's second series doesn't just consist of G2 redecoes of Superion, Devastator, and Bruticus. As far as I'm concerned those three are DONE now. We have the definitive versions we need. I never want to see them again.

GoktimusPrime
8th May 2015, 10:26 PM
I personally don't want to see any character who's already had a Classicsverse toy done being done again. I'd rather see them focus on other characters who haven't had it done. I can understand that there are some 'easy opportunities' for some characters to be redone, e.g. Generations Gears repainted as Brawn, okay, that's fine. But in terms of developing new moulds, I'd rather see that being done for G1 characters who haven't had the Classicsverse treatment yet.

They still haven't done a Classicsverse (or MP) Time Warrior yet. Just sayin'. ;)

MayzaPrime
8th May 2015, 11:44 PM
I personally don't want to see any character who's already had a Classicsverse toy done being done again. I'd rather see them focus on other characters who haven't had it done. I can understand that there are some 'easy opportunities' for some characters to be redone, e.g. Generations Gears repainted as Brawn, okay, that's fine. But in terms of developing new moulds, I'd rather see that being done for G1 characters who haven't had the Classicsverse treatment yet.

They still haven't done a Classicsverse (or MP) Time Warrior yet. Just sayin'. ;)

For the most part I agree, characters like Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Jazz, Bluestreak, Smokescreen all have awesome Generations figures and don't need a new release. On the other hand characters like Rodimus, Astrotrain, Octane, Galvatron all need an update well the last 3 need a voyager mould.

Holdobot
9th May 2015, 09:17 PM
I know he is getting a little love as part of the leader Magnus but as soon as I saw the concept of minimus I thought they would have done the orion mold for him so.

Minimus Ambus
Retool (Orion Pax)
New head (with killer mustache)
Deluxe
Accessories: Minimus from Leader Magnus.

BigTransformerTrev
9th May 2015, 10:01 PM

Totally!

I don't want to see any more season 1 cast members being done again. Anything post-US G1 cartoon is fine in my book: comic characters, Japanese exclusives, later franchises, etc. I'm just sick up to here with the S1 cast getting all the toys, especially in Masterpiece, and feel Generations should go with the more interesting characters.

But Combiner Wars is fine, I just hope next year's second series doesn't just consist of G2 redecoes of Superion, Devastator, and Bruticus. As far as I'm concerned those three are DONE now. We have the definitive versions we need. I never want to see them again.

Are you talking just post season 1 or post the entire US G1 cartoon as you mention both. Personally I'm in agreement about in part about season one though I'd like there to be another Ratchet and of course the Dinobots. If we are talking the whole US G1 cartoon run then there are tons of characters still to do who have not cropped up in the Generations line.

And while I love it , I don't think that we have had a definitive Generations Bruticus yet. The FOC version was cool but there is room for improvement

M-bot
12th May 2015, 09:04 AM
Remember how cool Generations Warpath was (is)? I would love to see more of the G1 minibots get the deluxe treatment - Brawn (and Outback repaint), Gears (maybe a Swerve repaint to replace the GDO Swerve we already have), and Beachcomber spring to mind. And a good Reflector please!!!

Bidoofdude
12th May 2015, 07:24 PM
Remember how cool Generations Warpath was (is)? I would love to see more of the G1 minibots get the deluxe treatment - Brawn (and Outback repaint), Gears (maybe a Swerve repaint to replace the GDO Swerve we already have), and Beachcomber spring to mind. And a good Reflector please!!!

At the moment I think they're leaning towards creating a full set of minibots in legends class. Deluxes would be great, but I don't see much happening for a while.

M-bot
13th May 2015, 11:29 AM
At the moment I think they're leaning towards creating a full set of minibots in legends class. Deluxes would be great, but I don't see much happening for a while.

I think you're right. Legends size doesn't really do it for me, generally speaking. A guy can dream!:cool:

Jinto
13th May 2015, 02:25 PM
I'd love to see a voyager pre-war Megatron in the Generations line. The brown and tan, yellow stripes, no fusion cannon. I really dig the character that was built up around this incarnation. Would love a physical representation of him.

Lint
13th May 2015, 04:54 PM
I'd like to see Battletrap and Flywheels get the Generations treatment. They've had the technology to make decent duocons for quite a while now and with the recent advancements in plastic hollowing I don't think balance will be an issue. Bring them on Hasbro!

UltimateGalvatron
13th May 2015, 05:15 PM
I'd like to see Battletrap and Flywheels get the Generations treatment. They've had the technology to make decent duocons for quite a while now and with the recent advancements in plastic hollowing I don't think balance will be an issue. Bring them on Hasbro!

I don't think we will be seeing Battletrap, as he is getting a Timelines toy from the Springer mould.

I would still like to see them as actual duocons though.

M-bot
13th May 2015, 06:34 PM
I don't think we will be seeing Battletrap, as he is getting a Timelines toy from the Springer mould.

I would still like to see them as actual duocons though.

Could flywheels be too much further behind him, using the Blitzwing mould?

Agreed though, actual Duocons would be cooler than triple changers.

UltimateGalvatron
13th May 2015, 07:10 PM
Could flywheels be too much further behind him, using the Blitzwing mould?

SHHHHHHH.... don't give Hasbro any ideas....

:p

prjkt
13th May 2015, 07:47 PM
the rumour is that Flywheels is one of the Botcon bagged figures...

UltimateGalvatron
13th May 2015, 07:58 PM
the rumour is that Flywheels is one of the Botcon bagged figures...

NOOOOOOOO

M-Bot you fool! :p

Just kidding

prjkt
13th May 2015, 11:31 PM
I'm kind of OK with using the triplechanger moulds for those guys, as it works for the alt-modes of the separate components, and I never had the originals.

Though it would be kind of cool to have a pair of legends size vehicles merging into a deluxe size robot (or two deluxes into a voyager) - kind of like a better version of Centuritron.

DELTAprime
14th May 2015, 08:27 PM
I'd like to get a proper Voyager size IDW Rodimus. Cloud Rodimus is a good stand in, but ultimately hes a repaint.

And a Legends Kickback with stipulation that we get a set of all 3 Legends Insecticons with the same plastic and paint used on all of them, I hate that Shrapnel and Bombshell don't match.

The Scream Man
14th May 2015, 08:42 PM
Oh most of my wants are re-do's:

Hot Rod - While a neat car mode, the short and blocky robot mode of the Classics doesn't feel ANYTHING like Hot Rod/Rodimus. Cloud Rodimus is OK in the meantime but a Voyager Rodimus with a sleek car mode AND robot mode would be awesome.

Rewind - Because the last one was a travesty. It barely counts. Even if he is a Legends car or something, I'm cool with that. Hell make a bunch of the tapes into legends vehicles that somehow link with-

Blaster - Like a big tank mode would be neat, or some kind of transport. I don't need him to be a cassette player, that's what MP is for. Hell make him a C-130 Hercules and all the tapes are objects inside that drop out.

Prowl - And inclusively Bluestreak and Smokescreen. While not a terrible toy by any stretch, I have never liked the way the head sits on the torso, or the way the front of the car folds around with the arms. a larger, more square prowl would be great. supposedly we're getting a Combiner Ward figure of him, so that may fulfill my desire for him.

Ironhide/Ratchet - I have taken a lot of the 3p Transformers off my shelf, but 2 that remain are Igears Ratchet and Ironhide. Because those figures capture the spirit of the character, and thats what i need. If Hasbro could do them as deluxes or even small Voyagers somehow I would love it.

Wheeljack/Tracks - Mainly Wheeljack. I actually don't mind tracks to much. But man, Wheeljack looks like a little fat guy. If they had just made the legs a bit longer it wouldnt be as bad, but As it is, we have to little tubby guys. That just doesn't feel right to me. So take another swing Hasbro, you can do it.

Blurr - While I love the Drift mold (I wouldnt say no to a Cybertronian version, but it isn't a big deal to me) Blurr shouldn't have been that kind of blocky car. Blurr should be all sharp points and sleek lines. Hell, tweak the animated design for the more 'Real' style and use that! it's a great looking car and Robot mode, and is SO Blurr!

Perceptor - I don't care what he transforms into, I just care that he isn't super thick and chunky. But if you DO insist on making him transform into a tank/truck of some kind, at least do it properly, and not with that awful backpack/arms issue.

Broadside - I'm OK with just a Battleship mode, but a trip changer would also be cool. Definitely the Leader size. I'm also OK if its a kind of Cybertronian boat of some kind.

And ones I have less to say about but still want.

Leader:
Grimlock
Sky Lynx
Star Saber
Omega Supreme

Voyager
Scattershot
Hardhead
Thunderclash
Pyro
Alpha Trion

Deluxe
Metalhawk
Nautica
Mainframe
Afterburner
Lightspeed
Nosecone
Strafe
Cyclonus
Getaway
Guzzle
Top Spin
Twin Twist
Rotorstorm
Impacter

Legends
Brawn
Pipes
Rung
Wheelie
Iron Fist

Zommael
15th May 2015, 12:23 PM
I've though of one I really do want: G1 Sentinel Prime. Given the Animated and Movie incarnations of the character, and his importance in the story, I'm baffled that it's still taking them this long. We need the U-Haul Robot!

GoktimusPrime
15th May 2015, 06:26 PM
I've though of one I really do want: G1 Sentinel Prime. Given the Animated and Movie incarnations of the character, and his importance in the story, I'm baffled that it's still taking them this long. We need the U-Haul Robot!
I'd like to see it be a hybrid between the original G1 comic Sentinel Prime and the retconned G1 cartoon Sentinel Prime. The character is probably too obscure to warrant having two different toys made, and we never saw G1 comic Sentinel Prime's alt mode anyway. So something in the spirit of Classics Jetfire (Jetfire/Skyfire hybrid) as a fusion between the two different models.

prjkt
15th May 2015, 06:54 PM
nice list there Scream Man, just a few comments of my own with that.

Wheeljack could use some improvements, something like a cross between his Prime and Generations releases would be awesome.

Perceptor is "ok" as is for me, I just try not to rotate his arms, but there is a trick to getting the backpack to stay there.

Blurr: If only the original idea for Arcee happened as well (newer design, probably what was seen at the end of Dark Cybertron) as that design was supposed to be pre-tooled for Blurr too.

Sky Lynx: yes.

Omega Supreme: would prefer Titan scale, to face off against Devastator.... actually, I wonder if that's why Devs is Titan size....

Technobots: Look likely based on the silhouette of Takara's defender

Hardhead: The universe release with the Headrobots kit looks cool, but I wouldn't mind seeing an attempt at retooling Roadster and adding the Headmaster trick.

Rotorstorm: Yes, would love to see that, in fact the Whirl mould could be re-tweaked to have the legs face the "normal" way, but then the colour wouldn't be all that different, so may be a while before this happens (if it does).

Pyro - I almost pulled the trigger on the Botcon G2 Redux kit, as the Inferno repaint of Spark/Pyro looks sweet, but looking at the CW Hotspot mould, that just screams Pyro.

Alpha Trion does need a bigger figure than the Minimus Ambus repaint Takara are doing.

Nautica needs to happen. As does Riptide.

Guzzle: I'm kind of OK with the movie-verse commander figure, as it's pulled a few design cues from the LSOTW design, but an updated, short & squat deluxe would be cool. Has to have the cannon riding high.

Getaway: Movie 2007 Breakaway is this guy, but the mould is showing it's age, could almost use the Gen Night/Bee mould, or even a Streetwise/Dead End repaint...

Legends class list is pretty much all I need to complete my original S1/2 cast (apart from the combiners) so all my yes there, though I'd kinda prefer Rung to be a bit bigger. I've seen customs of Prime Arcee/Gen. Chromia as Rung which work really well.... Of course he'd have to have an alt-mode more useful than "Ornament"

I'd also like to see a repaint of maybe CW Ultra Magnus as Roller. If there was a way to retool it so the shoulder pylons weren't so big, it could work.... Or have a 3P make a Roller that fold up into CW OP's trailer, just for S&Gs.

Paulbot
15th May 2015, 07:05 PM

Takara's what now? Got a link?

Edit: wait, never mind I get you know. You meant the apparent motorbike in the Defensor pic. I thought there was something else out there, like the promo art with Technobots in it I noticed ages ago.

morg176
15th May 2015, 07:07 PM
Duocons could use a do over imho.
One of my favourite concepts but was never executer very well
Maybe a few new figures as well

Crimson Prime
16th May 2015, 06:31 PM
My wishlist would have to be the original 13 Primes as well as a nice set of the DJD and Wreckers at the non third party price.

The Scream Man
16th May 2015, 09:08 PM
nice list there Scream Man, just a few comments of my own with that.

Wheeljack could use some improvements, something like a cross between his Prime and Generations releases would be awesome.

Yeah Prime with some tweaks could work pretty well. Slightly shorter arms and a different head, but that would involve some remolding.

Perceptor is "ok" as is for me, I just try not to rotate his arms, but there is a trick to getting the backpack to stay there.

It just never really screamed 'Perceptor" to me. I feel like he should be a bit slimmer is all.

Blurr: If only the original idea for Arcee happened as well (newer design, probably what was seen at the end of Dark Cybertron) as that design was supposed to be pre-tooled for Blurr too.

I didn't know that, that could have been cool.

Sky Lynx: yes.

It kinda feels like he could be closer. Appearing in the comics a lot, interesting design, it'll get the G1 fans onboard... i think he's got to be at the top of a list somewhere.

Omega Supreme: would prefer Titan scale, to face off against Devastator.... actually, I wonder if that's why Devs is Titan size....

Yeah could be.

He's also the last original Autobot combiner left to do.

Hardhead: The universe release with the Headrobots kit looks cool, but I wouldn't mind seeing an attempt at retooling Roadster and adding the Headmaster trick.

Yeah its not bad, and there was the Toyworld one that's OK as well, but I'd love to see one with a IDW vibe to it.

Rotorstorm: Yes, would love to see that, in fact the Whirl mold could be re-tweaked to have the legs face the "normal" way, but then the colour wouldn't be all that different, so may be a while before this happens (if it does).

Or tweak the RTS Tomahawk vibe.

Pyro - I almost pulled the trigger on the Botcon G2 Redux kit, as the Inferno repaint of Spark/Pyro looks sweet, but looking at the CW Hotspot mould, that just screams Pyro.

I dunno if the Hot Spot mold is right, it'd be a flat repaint and the character is a bit to... heroically proportioned for Pyro. Id accept a flat re issue of the Botcon one, that worked pretty well.

Alpha Trion does need a bigger figure than the Minimus Ambus repaint Takara are doing.

Yep.

Nautica needs to happen. As does Riptide.

Gah, of course it should be Riptide!

Guzzle: I'm kind of OK with the movie-verse commander figure, as it's pulled a few design cues from the LSOTW design, but an updated, short & squat deluxe would be cool. Has to have the cannon riding high.

Yeah that one was OK. I agree though, a little chunkier would be neat.

Getaway: Movie 2007 Breakaway is this guy, but the mould is showing it's age, could almost use the Gen Night/Bee mould, or even a Streetwise/Dead End repaint...

I'd prefer a new mold they could re-use as maybe a Blurr or even a Cybertron Tracks or Wheeljack. that could be cool.

Legends class list is pretty much all I need to complete my original S1/2 cast (apart from the combiners) so all my yes there, though I'd kinda prefer Rung to be a bit bigger. I've seen customs of Prime Arcee/Gen. Chromia as Rung which work really well.... Of course he'd have to have an alt-mode more useful than "Ornament"

I dunno, a deluxe Rung would have to fundamentally different to the character to make him exciting to kids. make him a Legend, he doesnt need to come with a gun, he can still transform into something relatively useless and he doesnt break the bank doing it.

I'd also like to see a repaint of maybe CW Ultra Magnus as Roller. If there was a way to retool it so the shoulder pylons weren't so big, it could work.... Or have a 3P make a Roller that fold up into CW OP's trailer, just for S&Gs.

Interesting idea, and i would like to see Roller. i dunno about Magnus as the base, but i haven't got a better suggestion either. Its something to think about :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th May 2015, 12:46 AM
It's very much just my opinion, but I'd like to see a retool of DotM Sentinel Prime with a new head (and preferably weapon) for Pyro. With the right paint job it could work quite well IMO.

Verno
17th May 2015, 11:08 AM
It seems this is being discussed everywhere. Seibertron even had it as a news item this morning.

But my two cents:

Wave 1:
Deluxe Blackarachnia
Deluxe Terrorsaur
Deluxe Scorponok
Deluxe Cheetor
Voyager Megatron
Voyager Dinobot

Wave 2:
Deluxe Tarantulas (Retool of Blackarachnia)
Deluxe Tigatron (Retool of Cheetor)
Voyager Grimlock (Repaint of Dinobot)

Wave 3:
Deluxe Airazor
Deluxe Lazorbeak (Repaint of Terrorsaur)
Deluxe Buzz Saw (Repaint of Waspinator)
Deluxe Windblade (Repaint of Airazor (Like Hasbro wouldn't do it))
Voyager Inferno
Voyager Optimus Primal

3 waves and Hasbro will never hear a bad word said about them by a Beast Wars fan ever again.

prjkt
17th May 2015, 02:17 PM
The Tomahawk mould would be sweet for Rotorstorm actuslly, even has the dual missile launchers too.

UltimateGalvatron
17th May 2015, 02:40 PM
Or the Skyhammer/Helicopter Drift would work for Rotorstorm

prjkt
18th May 2015, 07:53 PM
Or the Skyhammer/Helicopter Drift would work for Rotorstorm

Altmode yes, bot mode, not so sure - Rotorstorm to me is defined by the cockpit chest, but, on the otherhand, there is the Botcon Machine Wars Sandstorm out of that mould, and the original MW release was a repaint of Rotorstorm, so I guess it kind of works if you think about it that way.

BigTransformerTrev
18th May 2015, 09:42 PM
Seibertron stole your thread idea UG:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/top-5-transformers-generations-figures-not-made-yet/32927/

I agree with their Sky Lynx, Elita-1 and definitely the Dinobots assesments. The others I don't really care about, though they do make a good point about Black Arachnia. Toy looks nothing like the character - just a shame that the femmebot toy thats probably got the biggest rack (see the article pics - dont blame me - it's stupidly huge :eek:) is also as ugly as sin! The Lola Ferarri of the TF world :p

UltimateGalvatron
19th May 2015, 04:52 PM
They'll never stop at one! (of our topics)

I'll take them all one!

-Awesome beat down-

morg176
19th May 2015, 05:45 PM
Some of the pretender inner robots could benefit from a design do'over.
That and some elbow and knee joints.

GoktimusPrime
19th May 2015, 10:59 PM
Moonracer and Firestar. Also Generations Arcee repainted as Paradron Medic.

Firestorm
21st May 2015, 11:21 PM
It seems this is being discussed everywhere. Seibertron even had it as a news item this morning.

But my two cents:

Wave 1:
Deluxe Blackarachnia
Deluxe Terrorsaur
Deluxe Scorponok
Deluxe Cheetor
Voyager Megatron
Voyager Dinobot

Wave 2:
Deluxe Tarantulas (Retool of Blackarachnia)
Deluxe Tigatron (Retool of Cheetor)
Voyager Grimlock (Repaint of Dinobot)

Wave 3:
Deluxe Airazor
Deluxe Lazorbeak (Repaint of Terrorsaur)
Deluxe Buzz Saw (Repaint of Waspinator)
Deluxe Windblade (Repaint of Airazor (Like Hasbro wouldn't do it))
Voyager Inferno
Voyager Optimus Primal

3 waves and Hasbro will never hear a bad word said about them by a Beast Wars fan ever again.

I don't know, I'd have a few issues with this list

mostly it is exactly what I would want. but I'd prefer if Tigatron was made first as a new mould then cheetor was the remould
I don't see the need for Inferno to be a voyager, yeah his old toy was big but in the show he was around the same height as waspinator and the spiders.
I don't really like the idea of toy only repaint characters like buzzsaw but they're probably inevitable. I'd prefer a few later season beast wars characters though, like a voyager depth charge and rampage. or a deluxe quickstrike. plus maybe make it a tribute to the whole beast era and include new toys for BM Nightscream (deluxe) Silverbolt (Deluxe or voyager) and maybe thrust (legends?) and Jetstorm (Voyager?)

Verno
22nd May 2015, 07:41 AM
I don't know, I'd have a few issues with this list

mostly it is exactly what I would want. but I'd prefer if Tigatron was made first as a new mould then cheetor was the remould
I don't see the need for Inferno to be a voyager, yeah his old toy was big but in the show he was around the same height as waspinator and the spiders.
I don't really like the idea of toy only repaint characters like buzzsaw but they're probably inevitable. I'd prefer a few later season beast wars characters though, like a voyager depth charge and rampage. or a deluxe quickstrike. plus maybe make it a tribute to the whole beast era and include new toys for BM Nightscream (deluxe) Silverbolt (Deluxe or voyager) and maybe thrust (legends?) and Jetstorm (Voyager?)

Discussion! Wonderful!

Tigatron: Given that Tigatron was just revealed on the cover of August's Windblade Comic, you may very well get your wish (if this is a sign of future Beast Wars figures of course). Ideally, Cheetor and Tigatron would get their own individual molds (same with Tarantulas and Black Arachnia) but with them both being big cats, it made sense for them to be repaint/retools of each other. I chose Cheetor to be the original because I figured it'd be easier to bulk up a toy (to Tigatron's white tiger) than to try and slim one down (to something resembling a cheetah) -- but if it could be done, then by all means give us Tigatron first :)

Inferno: I've always used this image as reference for Predacon sizes...
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTEiJCOO9FUbSbpiB_fEkrR0FKpfH_K xf7GQukM77wlIQtg9l9YQ (http://www.wtfgamersonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/beast_wars_transformers_wallpaper_5-other.jpg)
And as such, Inferno is noticeably taller than Waspinator and Scorponok. (Some would then argue that Terrorsaur could be a Voyager too, but they're insane).

Buzzsaw and Repaints: This was to flesh out the waves and help Hasbro recoup money after having to design so many stand-alone molds. Guys like Rhinox, Inferno and Optimus Primal have no obvious repaints (beyond pointless BotCon characters), so repainting guys like Waspinator into Buzzsaw and Dinobot into Grimlock (as per the original toys) made sense. Otherwise, Hasbro could fill up the waves with G2 repaints of Combiner Wars figures.

Season 2 and 3: As a possible tie-in to the Comics, I think the notion of Transmetals and Transmetal 2's would be troublesome. Would there be ways around it? Of course. We already know Fuzors exist in the IDW-verse, but if you're going to have Beasts in the comics, wouldn't it be better to keep them fury and scaly, rather than metallic? Also, bots like Depth Charge and Rampage don't need a new toy. Their original figures are absolutely sublime. Would I be up for a new Silverbolt and Quickstike though? Absolutely.

Beast Machines: No. :cool:

CHILENO20
24th May 2015, 09:35 PM
Moonracer and Firestar. Also Generations Arcee repainted as Paradron Medic.

Yes, Yes, Yes! More fem-bots!

UltimateGalvatron
3rd June 2015, 10:31 PM
They should make a REALLLLLYYYYYY big Fort Max update.

GoktimusPrime
4th June 2015, 12:18 AM
I actually don't want a new Fort Max to be jumbo sized. Big sized toys are relatively simpler, and really act more as a transformable play set than an action figure, which is essentially what toys like G1 Fort Max and Generations Metroplex are. I'd rather see a smaller figure that focuses more on being a better action figure, like say a Voyager or Leader Class figure.

Also, while Fort Max was portrayed as a massive titan in the US cartoon and JP anime series, the Marvel and IDW comics actually portray him as a relatively regular sized TF. About the size of Powermaster Optimus Prime, Galvatron or Ultra Magnus (bearing in mind that G1 was never great at size/scale consistency :p).
Fort Max vs Galvatron (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/c/c9/Fortressmaximus-thelastautobot1.jpg)
Fort Max vs Megatron (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/7/7b/Fortressmaximus-allornothing2.jpg)
Fort Max vs Optimus Prime (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/8/8e/Spike_fort_max_optimus_the_war_to_end_all_wars.jpg )
Fort Max w/ Jetfire (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/1/12/FortMax_Jetfire_SpotlightCyclonus.jpg) <---note that it's Voyager Classics Jetfire too
Fort Max and Rung (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/a/ad/FortressMaximus_Interiors_dutyofcare.jpg)
Fort Max vs Overlord (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/6/60/IDWMtMtE15-FortMaxOverlordThwok.jpg)
I'd also like to see a Classicsverse Fort Max toy being based on/influenced by the IDW character.

prjkt
4th June 2015, 07:14 AM
The 3p version of Fort Max did a pretty good job capturing the bot mode, could even become the head of the original too, but the alt-mode was just rubbish, and the whole thing too expensive. Could conceivably get a retool out of the leader Megatron mould though...

Tetsuwan Convoy
6th June 2015, 04:25 PM
I still quite like the idea of Fort Max being a fortress. I realise I am probably dreaming off in laa laa land, but I'd love to see a massive body (for spaceship/fort mode) and a much nicer (say deluxe, or whatever the sizes are now)Cerebros, one, which, perhaps, might just so happen to look like the recent Fort Max sized robots.

UltimateGalvatron
6th June 2015, 04:30 PM
I still quite like the idea of Fort Max being a fortress. I realise I am probably dreaming off in laa laa land, but I'd love to see a massive body (for spaceship/fort mode) and a much nicer (say deluxe, or whatever the sizes are now)Cerebros, one, which, perhaps, might just so happen to look like the recent Fort Max sized robots.

I like that Idea.
Maybe a Deluxe Class Cerebros with a Spike Headmaster gimmick which connects to a larger Titan Class Fort Max body, which on its own just forms city/space ship mode or body, and Cerebros then transforms into a head. Not too much bigger then Metroplex

CHILENO20
10th June 2015, 10:30 PM
I wrote this in another thread but I'll put my 2 cents here as well:

Pipes & Outback :D

UltimateGalvatron
11th June 2015, 08:16 AM
^ and a Legends Class Brawn, we only have a Legion one of him.

BigTransformerTrev
11th June 2015, 08:38 AM
Pipes & Outback :D

Damn straight! Pipes was one of my first ever TF's (and the first I got a double given to me of) and Outback was the first TF I ever heard with an Aussie accent :D

Only thing possibly standing in the toys way are that they are both dead in IDW. But then so was Doubledealer and a bunch of others that have since gotten figures :)

prjkt
14th June 2015, 10:33 PM
Damn straight! Pipes was one of my first ever TF's (and the first I got a double given to me of) and Outback was the first TF I ever heard with an Aussie accent :D

Only thing possibly standing in the toys way are that they are both dead in IDW. But then so was Doubledealer and a bunch of others that have since gotten figures :)

Don't forget half the Technobots, Slingshot, Reflector (at least one of the trio is confirmed, the others implied? I can't remember), Rhinox (probably, unless he shows up again on another planet), Scrapper, Thunderwing & Straxus are also all dead, but we got toys of them in the Generations line.

And I'm pretty sure Outback is the ONLY TF with the "stereotypical" Aussie accent

Handsprime
14th June 2015, 10:38 PM
And I'm pretty sure Outback is the ONLY TF with the "stereotypical" Aussie accent

What about Cybertron Jetfire, who in a weird twist of irony, was the only Jetfire in the Unicron Trilogy not to be played by Scott McNeil, who is an Australian.

GoktimusPrime
14th June 2015, 11:20 PM
Scott McNeil is a Canadian. Yes, he was born in Australia, but he moved to Canada when was still an infant and grew up there his whole life. He's really Canadian, and I suspect that he carries a Canadian passport, and AFAIK he identifies himself as being Canadian. There are plenty of Australians who were born overseas but identify themselves as being Australian (as does the public), but just sticking with those who worked on Transformers, Hugo Weaving is identified as an Australian but he was born in Nigeria.

MayzaPrime
17th June 2015, 12:26 PM
Scott McNeil is a Canadian. Yes, he was born in Australia, but he moved to Canada when was still an infant and grew up there his whole life. He's really Canadian, and I suspect that he carries a Canadian passport, and AFAIK he identifies himself as being Canadian. There are plenty of Australians who were born overseas but identify themselves as being Australian (as does the public), but just sticking with those who worked on Transformers, Hugo Weaving is identified as an Australian but he was born in Nigeria.

In the spirit of State of Origin... They are all Queenslanders :p

GO THE BLUES :D

Handsprime
20th June 2015, 08:54 AM
They should make a REALLLLLYYYYYY big Fort Max update.

Look's like we might actually be getting a really big Fort Max Update (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/19/botcon-2015-get-ready-for-the-titan-wars-293516)

Tetsuwan Convoy
20th June 2015, 09:55 PM
Look's like we might actually be getting a really big Fort Max Update (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/19/botcon-2015-get-ready-for-the-titan-wars-293516)
Called it! Hachaaaaaaaaaa!