PDA

View Full Version : Leader Starscream Revealed

Zommael
11th May 2015, 06:55 PM
A clear image of Combiner Wars Leader Starscream has been posted on TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/combiner-wars-leader-starscream-first-look-182692/).

An aptly named Weibo user named Starscream has posted the first images of the upcoming Combiner Wars Leader Starscream figure! You may remember that the Combiner Wars Leader Starscream biography was leaked back in October.

Read on for more!

The big news is that he apparently has his crown, as seen in the 1986 movie and recently used by him as ruler of Cybertron in the comics! For me, that makes all the difference and pretty much decides me on getting this version of the mould as opposed to Thundercracker or Jetfire. The colours also look good on the mould IMO.

Mirroring the image below:

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o525/zommael/image_1431327834_zpsmdmicmma.jpg

Handsprime
11th May 2015, 07:22 PM
Now all we need is Skywarp and we have ourselves the giant seekers!

CBratron
11th May 2015, 07:29 PM
I don't think anyone was surprised by this after Thundercracker. But the sales of purple swatches of 3rd party fabric is sure to skyrocket.:D

BigTransformerTrev
11th May 2015, 07:29 PM
Now all we need is Skywarp and we have ourselves the giant seekers!

Followed by Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Acid Storm, Sunstorm, Slipstream, Redwing & Nacelle ;)

Starscream77
11th May 2015, 07:36 PM
Followed by Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Acid Storm, Sunstorm, Slipstream, Redwing & Nacelle ;)

Don't forget Ghost Starscream

UltimateGalvatron
11th May 2015, 07:43 PM
HOLY PRIMUS THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Bidoofdude
11th May 2015, 07:53 PM
Looks great. The mould suits him better than Thundercracker. I'd love to get him, but my Ace Seekers are still great.

DELTAprime
11th May 2015, 09:12 PM
I haven't been keeping up with IDW. Has Starscream changed bodies again?

The one problem I have with this is Leader Seekers really don't scale well against existing CHUG figures. I have a feeling when I get Leader Megatron I'll feel the same about him.

Zommael
12th May 2015, 12:07 PM
I haven't been keeping up with IDW. Has Starscream changed bodies again?

The one problem I have with this is Leader Seekers really don't scale well against existing CHUG figures. I have a feeling when I get Leader Megatron I'll feel the same about him.

At least as far as vehicle mode is concerned, Leader Megs and the Leader Seekers should scale slightly better than usual against the cars. Megatron is actually quite a compact tank when transformed, but is still bigger than the average deluxe car. The jet the Seekers transform into should be huge compared to said deluxe car, so leader class size will be better, if still not accurate.

In robot mode, naturally, they're about twice the size, but so it ever was. The leaders like Starscream, Megatron, and Ultra Magnus ought to be bigger.

Handsprime
12th May 2015, 01:15 PM
And now I want a legends Jetfire

UltraMarginal
12th May 2015, 01:56 PM
eh, I'm not as much a fan as I thought I would be, The crown is starting to feel like a cliché and to be honest the blue and white is an odd colour, it looks a bit like a construct bot or hero masher.

Gofigure
12th May 2015, 02:37 PM
Looks good

Will fit right into my sons collection

MissDaria
18th May 2015, 12:49 PM
Don't forget Ghost Starscream

Hard to imagine Takara won't take a crack at that. They've got a bit of a thing for Starscream's ghost in the world of Japanese variants.

griffin
5th June 2015, 03:44 PM
All the leaks seem to come from Asia lately, and it would have to be someone inside Hasbro after seeing photos of someone's cubicle recently... and now a "confidential" image of the Starscream box (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/combiner-wars-leader-starsceam-packaging-tease-182923/).

We've seen the robot mode a couple times (from the cubicle photos), but this gives us a look at what to expect from the jet mode.

Bladestorm
5th June 2015, 04:08 PM
I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the real thing. Photos of Thundercracker looked great but then when I saw him in box I was quite disappointed. I love the size but not the aesthetic of him (and he's my favourite seeker).

So, I'm going to hold out and see what Screamer looks like in box before I decide on him. Although if Takara are going to release a Ghost Starscream I'll be putting down money for that!