PDA

View Full Version : MP-05 Hips

Mr_K
9th September 2008, 06:46 PM
Hey hey peoples,

I don't know how this happened. I got my accessory kit a while ago, and while transforming Megs from Robot to Gun to put the parts on, the 2 tabs that lock-in to the gun barrel part of the hips (on both the left and right) just snapped.

I have an MP-03 that I have transformed a few times and nothin' broken there which proves I'm very careful. Now the tabs being broken isn't a big issue, except that this guy with his extensions is the dearest Transformer of mine to date and also the centre piece of my collection.....he is also the first to break on me......and I've had transformers since I was 7 years old and not one has broken till now.

I have attached 2 images to make it clear which parts I'm after.

It's basicly the LEFT and RIGHT HIP pieces in robot mode that form the TOP OF the GUN GRIP in gun mode.

If anyone can help me out I am willing to pay a fair price for them plus all shipping costs to Australia of course.

Thanks in advance fellow enthusiasts, I know you can understand my pain.

The 2 pieces:
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00018qk1.jpg

And outlined on a picture from Seibertron.com:
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rmp5megatron207lx1.jpg

Please PM me if you can help in anyway, shape or form.....all is appreciated

Tober
9th September 2008, 06:59 PM
MP-5 came out a while ago so you might be out of luck but I would contact HLJ.com here (http://www.hlj.com/faq/q41.html) and follow the appropriate instructions. Takara are known for their level of customer care.

I had a finger snap off Music Label Soundwave a while ago and they were able to get me a replacement part. The pics you linked to arn't showing up but you should attach a pic or two of the pieces you are after in your email so there is no confusion as to what you are after.

Can't hurt to try either way.

Krayt
9th September 2008, 08:26 PM
Mine's left one did the same thing, but before i got the extensions.

I've never been able to get his arms to sit "flush" when in gun mode, and therefore his hips were always slightly out. I assume it happened VERY early in my days of owning him

Tiby
9th September 2008, 08:39 PM
Mine also broke on one side the other day :(

PS - be careful about posting ownership of MP05 unless you are legally permitted to own him.

Mr_K
9th September 2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the sugestions....I will try contacting HLJ :)

Tober
9th September 2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks for all the sugestions....I will try contacting HLJ :)

Cool, let the rest of us know how it works out. Evidently there is a problem there... :(

Mr_K
30th September 2008, 05:01 PM
Hey, just wanted to let you all know how I went about asking hlj.com if they could assist. Today I got this reply:

Dear Sir/Madam;

Takaratomy has contacted us about your parts order.

Unfortunately,Megatron side cover parts from your parts order is not
available.

They have no schedule to re-produce it in the near future.

We are sorry we cannot help you get it.

Best regards,

Takayuki Oishi
Customer Service Representive
www.hlj.com

Bummer :(

Anyone got any other ideas? I'd really like to hear them :D

turtle boy
30th September 2008, 07:07 PM
fix your old ones? or Ebay... I cant think of anything other then that I'm afraid..:(

Tober
2nd October 2008, 03:24 AM
Sorry t hear about HLJ not being able to help. :(

Only solution I can thnk of is to post on the internationa boards that you are after te hips and maybe someone with a busted waist will be able to help you out. Kinda a long shot tho.

BBTS.com may have had some broken ones returned to them so you could try having a word to them too. But that's a very long shot.

Mr_K
27th February 2009, 10:26 AM
Bump -> I've tried tfw2005.com, toyark.com and the toy retailers around the world so I'm trying again on the local board -> gotta keep trying :)