PDA

View Full Version : Unite Warriors Superion - ToysRUs import for Australia

GoktimusPrime
28th May 2015, 11:07 PM
I can now reveal that Hasbro Australia will be releasing TakaraTOMY's Unite Warriors Superion set here. I don't know what the price will be, but I've been told that this will be out at Toys R Us in July. This is another set of instructions which I've translated for Hasbro, and here are two images from the draft (final copy may vary ;))

Front cover (original Japanese version)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Combiner%20Wars/uw_superion_front_zpsgiuqjj34.jpg

Front cover (translated)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Combiner%20Wars/unite_superion01_zpsbfqqi02y.jpg

Contents page:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Combiner%20Wars/unite_superion02_zpsxrz6wvrr.jpg

In the original Japanese version, the Aerialbots are introduced for each mode (robot, arm, leg) with their names written in Japanese then English in smaller writing underneath. For Hasbro's versions, I've had all the names written in English, so having it repeat itself in English again underneath felt superfluous. So I've replaced the English subtitles with each character's motto in English, Latin and Japanese.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Combiner%20Wars/unite_superion03_zps4xinovea.jpg
Oh, and yeah, Superion's motto is written in Latin on the front cover, but is written in English and Japanese inside the booklet (for the pages that show how to combine the Aerialbots into Superion and how to swap the limbs around).

griffin
28th May 2015, 11:30 PM
Were you not allowed to use the names Slingshot and Fireflight?

Raptormesh
28th May 2015, 11:49 PM
Just curious Gok, and I do plead ignorance...why latin?

GoktimusPrime
28th May 2015, 11:54 PM
Were you not allowed to use the names Slingshot and Fireflight?
They didn't tell me one way or the other, but I try to use the same trademarks as Hasbro just to play it on the safe side. This includes genericised trademarks (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trademark#Genericized_trademarks), e.g. I always translate "transform" as "convert" and "transformation" as "conversion". I'm no legal expert, so I thought it best to just play it safe. I'm sure most people are just going to call them Slingshot and Fireflight anyway. ;)

Just curious Gok, and I do plead ignorance...why latin?
It's my 'personal signature' thing. In every translation/adaptation job I've done for Hasbro, I've included a copy of the character's motto in Latin. In the case of UW Superion, there was space to also include it in Japanese. I also personally think that mottos just look cool in Latin (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15282). ;) Anyway, the English versions are all there too. :)

FruitBuyer
29th May 2015, 12:07 AM
Woah, Goki impressive! If I didn't have UW Superion on pre-order, I'd strongly consider this.

Any ideas if other UW sets will be released here or is it something you need to keep mum?

GoktimusPrime
29th May 2015, 12:10 AM
Woah, Goki impressive! If I didn't have UW Superion on pre-order, I'd strongly consider this.
Yeah, when I saw the news about the TakaraTOMY version becoming available for pre-order and the excitement that fans had over it, I mentioned it to Hasbro and asked when I might be able to tell people about Superion. They got back to me today and gave me the green light.

I feel like Benny from the Lego Movie who's just been told that I can now build a spaceship. ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/spaceship_benny_zpskrfxnuff.gif

Any ideas if other UW sets will be released here or is it something you need to keep mum?
Sorry, can't comment on that. (wish I could :p)
"Ooh, you're really letting the oxygen out of my tank here!"

yoshi594
29th May 2015, 12:17 AM
i hope it's not gonna be overpriced like the current trend of toys (insecticons, year of the goat, masterpieces, etc)

jazzcomp
29th May 2015, 12:51 AM
Wishful thinking ;)

Handsprime
29th May 2015, 07:13 AM
I am actually considering selling my current collection of Aerialbots (maybe not Alpha Bravo) so I can get this.

Ode to a Grasshopper
29th May 2015, 07:56 AM
I hope they release the Protectobots at some point too. That TakaraTomy Mall exclusive thing is kind of a kick in the nads.

Jaxius._
29th May 2015, 09:23 AM
As I said on tfw:
YES I CAN GET SLINGSHOT
:D

gekisou
29th May 2015, 10:04 AM
Thanx for the info Goktimus! You're the best!

ampoldj
29th May 2015, 10:10 AM
I had a feeling this is coming as soon as I saw Gok's new avatar...looks like a hint already.

Anyway I really would like to get this just for the english ver. of the box. I can read Japanese but would prefer the big bold font of SUPERION over the katakana one

Lord_Zed
29th May 2015, 10:22 AM
Pretty awesome, I just wish all these cool local releases weren't subject to the Australia Tax.

serialmonkey
29th May 2015, 10:24 AM
Man, would love to know what the price will be before our online pre-orders all drop !

GoktimusPrime
29th May 2015, 11:12 AM
Anyway I really would like to get this just for the english ver. of the box. I can read Japanese but would prefer the big bold font of SUPERION over the katakana one
The box will be identical to the Japanese version. Only the instruction booklet is translated. The most that they do with the box is attach a sticker with Hasbro's legal blurb, or in the case of MPs, the "Ages 15+" sticker.

DELTAprime
29th May 2015, 11:26 AM
Hey Gok, can you please nudge the higher ups at Hasbro to try and get UW-03 imported. If I'm going to pay through the nose for it I'd rather give Hasbro Australia my money.

BigTransformerTrev
29th May 2015, 11:50 AM
Wish it was announced how much he will be. I've got Superion ordered with HLJ but if it was going to be significantly cheaper to get the Hasbro version I'd just get one of my Melb mates to pick one up for me.

Sinnertwin
29th May 2015, 12:14 PM
Wish it was announced how much he will be. I've got Superion ordered with HLJ but if it was going to be significantly cheaper to get the Hasbro version I'd just get one of my Melb mates to pick one up for me.

i wanna be a toys r us kid too, but judging by their prices on previously released Takara items, sorry, Geoffrey

Zommael
29th May 2015, 03:32 PM
No interest in this, but like everyone else if they decide to bring Defensor over as well I will get it for Groove. Then get Rook and kick Blades out of the team, because mould uniqueness.

k.wong23
29th May 2015, 05:08 PM
THis is awesome news! Will keep my current Superion but hope it paves way for other sets in the future..

Jaxius._
29th May 2015, 05:25 PM
menasor and the protectobots will be mine

Megatran
29th May 2015, 05:29 PM
i wanna be a toys r us kid too, but judging by their prices on previously released Takara items, sorry, Geoffrey
But, but ... Geoffrey is sticking his neck out to bring these items to us.

UltimateGalvatron
29th May 2015, 06:00 PM
If this is more then buying the individual Hasbro Main-Line Aerialbots, I'm not going to get it. I like that they have Slingshot, but I don't like the white hands/feet. If it isn't cheaper then $170, not getting it.

ampoldj
29th May 2015, 10:11 PM
The box will be identical to the Japanese version. Only the instruction booklet is translated. The most that they do with the box is attach a sticker with Hasbro's legal blurb, or in the case of MPs, the "Ages 15+" sticker.

awww...yeah that makes sense since that is the way it is used to.

Anyway we may expect another 299.99 price again or at least a 250 range.

Handsprime
30th May 2015, 08:34 AM
If this is more then buying the individual Hasbro Main-Line Aerialbots, I'm not going to get it. I like that they have Slingshot, but I don't like the white hands/feet. If it isn't cheaper then $170, not getting it.

I highly doubt it will cost less than $170. With how Toys R Us is (and even Myer), they are charging prices that I can get on eBay for even Half that :eek:

UltimateGalvatron
30th May 2015, 09:18 AM
I highly doubt it will cost less than $170. With how Toys R Us is (and even Myer), they are charging prices that I can get on eBay for even Half that :eek:

I know, that is entirely my point. :eek:

Gofigure
30th May 2015, 05:35 PM
Surprised by this and quite happy by this :)

Proper G1 set released on our shores. Brilliant!

Bidoofdude
30th May 2015, 06:42 PM
If they get Defensor, that's be great. I haven't got any of Hasbro's protectobots yet. (still waiting for MM to hit stores)

Holdobot
31st May 2015, 02:06 PM
OMG Gok! Wow, Skyboom Shield got accepted. I may have to get this for that and your personal touch of the latin motto.

Love your work.

Handsprime
31st May 2015, 02:55 PM
OMG Gok! Wow, Skyboom Shield got accepted. I may have to get this for that and your personal touch of the latin motto.

Love your work.

So that's what happened to Bob Silvot, even though I think Aérospatiale Shield was a nicer name.

EDIT: Just realised:

I bet it ends up as "Skyboom Shield". :p :rolleyes:
He knew it!

5FDP
1st June 2015, 03:27 PM
On one hand I want to support TRU for importing these into the country, but on the other hand I simply cannot afford to pay their asking prices when it's cheaper to import them myself. If history is anything to go by, the price of this set is going to be astronomical :(

UltraMarginal
1st June 2015, 05:40 PM
On one hand I want to support TRU for importing these into the country, but on the other hand I simply cannot afford to pay their asking prices when it's cheaper to import them myself. If history is anything to go by, the price of this set is going to be astronomical :(

I can't agree with this more, part of the reason I jumped on the AOE Stinger when I had the chance here.

GoktimusPrime
30th June 2015, 01:39 AM
Review thread here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=479251#post479251). Just posted photos for now, I'll say something about them later, although pictures pretty much speak for themselves. :)

tron07
30th June 2015, 11:41 AM
Any indicative price for this?

deceptibot
30th June 2015, 07:05 PM
Any indicative price for this?

Or timeframe?

megatren
30th June 2015, 07:20 PM
Toysrus + takara = $270 - $300 :D

Handsprime
30th June 2015, 07:45 PM
$200 would make sense, especially since that's how much it (approx.) costs to get Superion, minus Powerglide at today's prices.

However with how Toys R Us is, it could cost somewhere between $200-300. Any more and I won't bother.

Paulbot
30th June 2015, 07:57 PM
$200 would make sense for a Hasbro gift set of the team, but for exclusive, imported Japanese toys, it wont be that cheap.

Alpha Supreme
30th June 2015, 08:49 PM
Yeah I too would like to support these releases but the prices are so damn high. Bitey, bitey, bite, bite.

DELTAprime
13th July 2015, 02:17 PM
I don't normally get to go into a TRU because the closest one is 500km away so I don't get to see how the stock levels go down, but when I went into TRU at Aspley last week I was impressed they were out of all the Takara Tomy items. I thought I would walk in they would be shelf warming because of their price but I only saw Hasbro items. As long as people are willing to pay premium prices I'm sure TRU will keep charging premium prices.

CaminusPrime
22nd October 2015, 03:03 PM
Just saw on a transformers facebook group that UW Superion has arrived at TRU for the low, low price of $400

:rolleyes: should fly off the shelves TRU

dont know if anyone is able to view the post but here's a link to the original post https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156127110360591&set=gm.487075954786346&type=3&theater

deceptibot
22nd October 2015, 07:05 PM
Yeah, there are two in TRU Belconnen. Can't see those moving out the shelf anytime soon.