PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Universe Page

STL
10th September 2008, 03:19 AM
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/universe/default.cfm?page=Entertainment/Arena

Way funky. I'm mighty impressed.

Tober
10th September 2008, 03:50 AM
Nice find. :D

FFN
10th September 2008, 03:52 AM
I like how the guys with missile launchers fire their projectiles off into random directions. Especially funny when Galvatron does it.

Soundwarp
10th September 2008, 06:22 AM
Cool page to bookmark.

MV75
10th September 2008, 09:15 AM
I'm impressed that they used the toys that the end consumer would be getting.

JuzMel
10th September 2008, 10:39 AM
Didn't they have a similar page like this for the Movie toys as well? But yeah, nice find STL.. I'm secretly trying to view it from office and hiding all the colourful animations from my colleagues. :p

Pulse
10th September 2008, 10:55 AM
Now that is slick!

Major props to Hasbro's web team! That is how to advertise TFs to their full potential! :)

Golden Phoenix
10th September 2008, 11:15 AM
The animation is cool. I find it funny they used a general release Sunstreaker so it has the off coloured roof

1orion2many
10th September 2008, 11:17 AM
:)Thank goodness no one sits near me at work as the sound really cranked out when I opened the page:D.

STL
10th September 2008, 11:23 AM
:)Thank goodness no one sits near me at work as the sound really cranked out when I opened the page:D.

Tell me about it. I was listening to my lecture in the lounge room last night at about 3:00 and BANG. Boy were my sisters and mum not happy customers. I'm sure I went redfaced before anyone even came out to voice their displeasure. :o:o:o

griffin
10th September 2008, 02:21 PM
Sounds interesting, but neither my IE or Firefox could view it because both said it needed the latest version of Flash Player, and each time I followed its directions for installing it to the browser, it kept saying it failed. :(
Maybe my browsers need to be updated first to handle the latest version of Flash.
Anyone else have that problem, or is it just me?

Gutsman Heavy
10th September 2008, 02:40 PM
i use FF and had no issues

Saintly
10th September 2008, 02:44 PM
Sounds interesting, but neither my IE or Firefox could view it because both said it needed the latest version of Flash Player, and each time I followed its directions for installing it to the browser, it kept saying it failed. :(
Maybe my browsers need to be updated first to handle the latest version of Flash.
Anyone else have that problem, or is it just me?

Google Chrome works just fine, without any flash player.

griffin
10th September 2008, 03:00 PM
Installing/using another browser is a last resort. I already use 3 different ones for different applications (IE, FF, Netscape). And was using a fourth one until recently when I had to start using a different email program that could view newsgroups.

reillyd
10th September 2008, 03:06 PM
Did you see the prices for Universe Deluxe figures though. 9.99 is the RETAIL.
I'm paying 26.99 at Target, which is 2.6 times american retail. Not cool Hasbro.

MV75
10th September 2008, 04:06 PM
That's a very well known fact. ;)

BTW, you need to buy them from BigW instead, $23.xx. Target is ripping you off.

Paulbot
10th September 2008, 04:28 PM
Or buy from Target tomorrow! Sale time.

Still high compared to the US retail though...

Firecracker
10th September 2008, 05:06 PM
... Or you need to buy from someone in the US. I pay a lot less than Big W's current sale price. Squee!

I wasn't expecting something so good from Hasbro's TF page... I actually enjoyed watching them all transform. :p

dirge
10th September 2008, 09:58 PM
This is easily the best Hasbro TF website feature. Ever.

Paulbot
10th September 2008, 10:29 PM
Ah so that's how Galvatron is suppose to transform... (Nah still confused)

The flashing lights on Powerglide's robot mode chest do look very silly in the animation.

I like the way that Onslaught raises his shield and then shoots yo @$$ :D

STL
10th September 2008, 10:37 PM
This is easily the best Hasbro TF website feature. Ever.

It really reminds me of the Japanese ones for Galaxy Force, Micron and Superlink. Not in the same class with the images and animation but definitely a step in the right direction.

roller
10th September 2008, 11:22 PM
looks pretty good

make me want to buy the Universe figures

But wait a minute

I thought they werent allowed to show toys moving by themselves in the US?

Isnt that why US G1 ads are less fun then the jap ones?

I thought they said somewhere that it was the law, as if someone would be stupid enough to think stop motion would be like the real toy.

griffin
11th September 2008, 12:58 AM
I wonder why that part of Hasbro's domain doesn't redirect to the AU page? It has the US prices listed, so it isn't intended for the foreign markets. Maybe it would be too much hassle and expense to have separate versions and edit each with prices for those other markets.
My IE browser was finally able to upgrade itself to view the flash video, so I was finally able to see what it was all about.