PDA

View Full Version : Another character announced for ROTF: Are you ready to be....

STL
11th September 2008, 12:28 AM
....Devastated?
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/devastator-confirmed-for-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-165770/

:eek:

Pulse
11th September 2008, 12:37 AM
Uh Oh! :o

:D

Man I hope this is true! & we have to wait til June 26 next year??? Gah!

Soundwarp
11th September 2008, 05:12 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

MV75
11th September 2008, 06:05 AM
Let me pull out my worlds largest grain of salt.

"Combiners are too difficult to engineer" - Hasbro.

"*something about misleading the fans from the true elements*" - Mr Bay, everyone else working on film.

I'm not buying too much into too much "info" before the film, just like the first movie, I want a fresh experience (I'm usually not in the movie forum, I just happened to see this thread on the main listing).

Paulbot
11th September 2008, 08:18 AM
Devastator was the coolest Decepticon, (he's a tank!) and it was totally uncool how easily Bumblebee took him out in the first movie when the other Autobots couldn't. He's a tank and Bumblebee's just a little car. I'm glad he's back in the next movie.

MV75
11th September 2008, 08:20 AM
BRAWL was already heavily damaged when bumblebee shot him. ;)

Paulbot
11th September 2008, 08:28 AM
Heh, just echoing the 'grain of salt'... Since the first movie already had a character named Devastator somebody could find out that Devastator was going to be in ROTJ/ROTFLMAO/ROTwhatever and jump to the conclusion that the combiner was going to be in the film when they meant the big tank. :)

(and you know, a little miffed I was tricked into clicking on this link not knowing it was a movie spoiler - edits thread title)

i_amtrunks
11th September 2008, 08:33 AM
Where's my salt shaker?

Others have already stated my thoughts on the "spoiler" if combiners are too hard to do in the Animated style, there is no way there will be 7 part movie combiners.

However in saying that from a marketing perspective a 7 part combiner would be brilliant, means parents would have to buy 7 figures to keep their child happy...

It's a strange piece of misinformation to spread as now people will be a little disappointed when there is no Devastator.

Borgeman
11th September 2008, 09:20 AM
It's a strange piece of misinformation to spread as now people will be a little disappointed when there is no Devastator.

unless of course its true :rolleyes:

George

Thanatos
11th September 2008, 09:26 AM
The thing I find most illegitimate is the fact they're using fan art and calling it "legit".

Plus Bay has said there's 10 Decepticons and 10 Autobots, another totally bogus claim.

I don't know why they both with advertising anything if it's gotta be taken with a grain of salt.

i_amtrunks
11th September 2008, 09:41 AM
The thing I find most illegitimate is the fact they're using fan art and calling it "legit".

Apparently the artist who created that art has been since hired on as a consultant... I know tfwiki isnt reliable, but it's all I could be bothered finding: TF Wiki entry (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Josh_Nizzi).

Pulse
11th September 2008, 09:47 AM
*imagination switch = on* :D

Ok, if this were to be true, how would the 'bots be able to match up to him?

As a throwback to Victory ;), Perceptor & Wheeljack get summoned from their universal travels & (along with Ratchet) create the Dinobots who later merge into Dinoking! (artistic license in full use)

*imagination switch = off*

:D

Saintly
11th September 2008, 09:51 AM
that would be cool... but it would be massive!

sifun
11th September 2008, 10:08 AM
Long haul kinda looks like Brawl. lol

griffin
11th September 2008, 11:29 AM
Heh, just echoing the 'grain of salt'... Since the first movie already had a character named Devastator somebody could find out that Devastator was going to be in ROTJ/ROTFLMAO/ROTwhatever and jump to the conclusion that the combiner was going to be in the film when they meant the big tank. :)

(and you know, a little miffed I was tricked into clicking on this link not knowing it was a movie spoiler - edits thread title)

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
What are you reading movie news anyway Paul???? It's because of the fuss you made with spoilers for the first movie, I editted the title to move the spoiler into the post itself (Devastated is pretty obviously referring to Devastator). I would think you'd not even be looking in the movie news section, since it was created for people like you who don't want to read movie news in the main section.
I can't really see it as being deceptive, having a link in the movie news about movie news. I can't imagine any news leading up to the movie that isn't a spoiler.

Me personally, I agree that it is more intentional mis-information, as Bay said from the beginning. As cool as a combiner would be on screen, in the few seconds it combines and then attacks as a giant (over the other 'giants'...), I don't see a bunch of construction vehicles as the bulk of the bad guy cast being too marketable by Paramount.
But either way, it would be a great surprise if it were true.

SilverDragon
11th September 2008, 11:53 AM
If there are ten Decepticons, and Devastator is seven robots, that means that there will only be three other Decepticons! I feel gypped...

Paulbot
11th September 2008, 12:09 PM
What are you reading movie news anyway Paul???? It's because of the fuss you made with spoilers for the first movie, I editted the title to move the spoiler into the post itself (Devastated is pretty obviously referring to Devastator). I would think you'd not even be looking in the movie news section, since it was created for people like you who don't want to read movie news in the main section.
I can't really see it as being deceptive, having a link in the movie news about movie news. I can't imagine any news leading up to the movie that isn't a spoiler.

I fell for the trap of looking at New Posts and not checking which section it was in. (D'oh - my own mistake, only a little miffed :) ) Other movie news has been flagged more clearly as being about the movie, "Are you ready to be..." could have been anything.

Spoilers will be hard to avoid, I barely go to Seibertron.com anymore because they seem to want to spoil every single little thing they can possibly find. And once the toys start appearing next year its basically all over (although I did watch the first movie waiting for Swindle and Wreckage to appear :rolleyes: ).

Pulse
11th September 2008, 01:43 PM
As soon as you log onto the major news sites, you kind of expect a spoiler to confront you front-&-centre... :rolleyes:

I'm sure 9 out of 10 of us check TFW/Seibertron daily so I guess we should be used to it by now. I got a little p#%@ed off with TFW/Seibertron when they plastered the spoilers contained in the last animated episode on their front page but then... I just got over it.

The TF community is shocking when it comes to giving away spoilers without warning but... There's really not a whole lot you can do... *shrugs*

griffin
11th September 2008, 01:58 PM
Spoilers will be hard to avoid, I barely go to Seibertron.com anymore because they seem to want to spoil every single little thing they can possibly find. And once the toys start appearing next year its basically all over (although I did watch the first movie waiting for Swindle and Wreckage to appear :rolleyes: ).

TFW2005.com have done the accomodating thing and created a non-movie filter of news items, for those like yourself who still want to browse what's happening internationally:
http://www.tfw2005.com/?page=nomovie

loophole
11th September 2008, 07:15 PM
Its alot harder with TF2 to avoid spoilers as there seems to be news everyday for it so i just avoid all news sites

FFN
11th September 2008, 07:29 PM
Plus Bay has said there's 10 Decepticons and 10 Autobots, another totally bogus claim. Actually, he never did. Roberto Orci said that WAAAY back in Jan/Feb during the strike, and he has since said that was outdated.

Apparently the artist who created that art has been since hired on as a consultant... I know tfwiki isnt reliable, but it's all I could be bothered finding: TF Wiki entry (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Josh_Nizzi). Isn't reliable? Woah there, mate.

Though we inject plenty of opinion and bias, we only post stuff that has been officially confirmed or backed up in some manner. Unfortunately, the Josh Nizzi article was added by some anon user, and our requests for the person (or somebody) to post a link to legitimate confirming news has to my knowledge, never been provided, so I will request it's deletion.

STL
11th September 2008, 10:37 PM

:o sorrwee!

sifun
12th September 2008, 03:00 PM
Its going to be huge.. I love combiners!
This'll be awesome in TF2.

Hopefully less shakey cam since their budget is bigger