PDA

View Full Version : JP Legends DLX LG10 Arcee reissue coming to Australia SEP/OCT

GoktimusPrime
10th June 2015, 09:46 PM
Hasbro will be releasing Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee around September/October, 360 units. I have yet to begin adapting/translating the bio/instructions, but here's a little visual sneak-peek. :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/lg10arcee_preview_zpss0umkb8q.jpg

Krayt
10th June 2015, 09:51 PM
Kinda getting annoyed at all these Takara bots via HK, when we can't get general release CW the same way :-(

Paulbot
10th June 2015, 09:53 PM
Now this one's a surprise. Great news but very unexpected.

philby
10th June 2015, 09:58 PM
interesting...i wonder what the price would be? i really want the takara arcee and windblade...

UltimateGalvatron
10th June 2015, 10:06 PM
I guess that makes like 4 Thrilling 30 figures released in Australia (albeit a Takara one but still)

reillyd
10th June 2015, 10:09 PM
I'd love to see what the comic dialog is when it's released

Thurmus
11th June 2015, 10:02 AM
Great news.

How do those quantities compare to some of the other toys like Masterpieces that have been released here?

Sinnertwin
11th June 2015, 11:49 AM
Great news.

How do those quantities compare to some of the other toys like Masterpieces that have been released here?

a tad more than Saber and Magnus, just over half of bumblebee & wheeljack and about a quarter of prowl.

Great work, Gok. you're becoming quite the regular :)

Now if you could be as kind to inform Hasbro and TrU that in order to capture the niche market at which these figures are aiming for, they need be released at the same time. not 3, 4, 5 or 6 months later. the same time.

Handsprime
11th June 2015, 03:04 PM
I guess that makes like 4 Thrilling 30 figures released in Australia (albeit a Takara one but still)

Other than Metroplex and Jetfire, what was the other thrilling 30 toy? Bumblebee wasn't really since he was a redeco and lacked his target master.

llamatron
11th June 2015, 03:29 PM
Platinum Magnus?

Cool that LG10 is seeing local release, if the price is decent like the Stringer import was I'll probably be down for one.

CBratron
11th June 2015, 04:07 PM
I really hope they reissue Windblade as well. I only just received notification from HLJ that they can't fill the preorder from last year.

UltimateGalvatron
11th June 2015, 04:49 PM
Other than Metroplex and Jetfire, what was the other thrilling 30 toy? Bumblebee wasn't really since he was a redeco and lacked his target master.

I was counting Bumblebee...

jaydisc
12th June 2015, 03:24 PM
This is a good one to get at retail because I think many have defective paint apps. Mine did.

GoktimusPrime
16th June 2015, 12:38 AM
Finished translating/adapting Arcee's:
* Instructions
* 2 page comic skit
* Character bio

phew!

I was going to base Arcee's bio straight off her G1 Marvel Comics TFU profile, but when in doing so, I realised that a lot of it just talks about Arcee's love for Daniel and Hot Rod, and not all that much about her! :eek: The Japanese bio included with the toy does talk about Arcee more and doesn't mention any other characters. So in the end, I wrote up a bio that's a blend of both the Marvel TFU profile (at least the portion that just talks about Arcee) and the LG10 bio.

Here it is...

A sweet, kind, and loyal Autobot to her friends, Arcee is also a merciless, lethal warrior to her enemies. Arcee's intelligence, quick wit, and coolness under fire make her invaluable to the Autobot cause. The Decepticons constantly underrate her, an attitude that Arcee exploits with deadly efficiency. An exceptional warrior, Arcee is seen as angel by her allies and a demon by her foes. Sworn to defeat the enemy at any cost. Stringent combat training and formidable mental discipline enables Arcee to hunt down her prey.

MayzaPrime
16th June 2015, 12:10 PM
Finished translating/adapting Arcee's:
* Instructions
* 2 page comic skit
* Character bio

phew!

I was going to base Arcee's bio straight off her G1 Marvel Comics TFU profile, but when in doing so, I realised that a lot of it just talks about Arcee's love for Daniel and Hot Rod, and not all that much about her! :eek: The Japanese bio included with the toy does talk about Arcee more and doesn't mention any other characters. So in the end, I wrote up a bio that's a blend of both the Marvel TFU profile (at least the portion that just talks about Arcee) and the LG10 bio.

Here it is...

A sweet, kind, and loyal Autobot to her friends, Arcee is also a merciless, lethal warrior to her enemies. Arcee's intelligence, quick wit, and coolness under fire make her invaluable to the Autobot cause. The Decepticons constantly underrate her, an attitude that Arcee exploits with deadly efficiency. An exceptional warrior, Arcee is seen as angel by her allies and a demon by her foes. Sworn to defeat the enemy at any cost. Stringent combat training and formidable mental discipline enables Arcee to hunt down her prey.

Nice... I like the bio :D

Bladestorm
16th June 2015, 01:33 PM
I like your bio gok, but is it missing an "an" in front of angel?

I think it does a good job at describing her as despite being "a girl" she is still a strong asset and solider.

Will the OZ release come out with the same box design as the original release?

UltraMarginal
16th June 2015, 06:01 PM
I dig your bio Gok, I really wish Hasbro would give advanced warning for releases like this. I imagine there are a lot of reasons why they can't, one probably being that they didn't know themselves several months ago when these came up for pre-order on Asian sites. if I didn't already have it I'd be grabbing this.

GoktimusPrime
17th June 2015, 12:15 AM
Thank you for the kind feedback :)

I like your bio gok, but is it missing an "an" in front of angel?
Oops! Well spotted! :D I've corrected it and resent it to Hasbro. Hopefully it's not too late to correct it. :o

Will the OZ release come out with the same box design as the original release?
Packaging ought to be the same as the Japanese one save possibly for stickers added w/ Hasbro AU legal blurb in English.

FruitBuyer
17th June 2015, 08:38 AM
Goki is the like, the closest thing we have to Australian Transformers royalty.

philby
17th June 2015, 10:11 AM
I really hope they reissue Windblade as well. I only just received notification from HLJ that they can't fill the preorder from last year.

Goktimus, do you know if Windblade would be coming too? I guess depending on what kind of NDA or whatever you have you might not be able to give details but if you know for certain definitely yes or no can you say?

GoktimusPrime
17th June 2015, 10:41 PM
There are no current plans for releasing Windblade, as far as I'm aware.

philby
18th June 2015, 12:44 AM
ok, cheers

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2015, 10:31 AM
Another preview. ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/LG10%20preview_zpsrdkyjmeq.jpg

Agent 86
18th June 2015, 10:54 AM
A total noob question as my Transformers collection is minimal (Masterpiece Optimus Prime with hopes to one day add Masterpiece Grimlock), but does anyone know what stores will stock this Arcee?

I've wanted a G1 Arcee ever since I was a kid, but if only 360 are being released in Australia, then obviously Arcee will be in high demand. Will Arcee be exclusive to Toys R Us?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

FruitBuyer
18th June 2015, 11:06 AM
Pretty sure that all these Takara imports will be Toys R Us

reillyd
18th June 2015, 11:16 AM
I'm glad you're doing the comic too. It must be awesome to be able to read the Japanese, and all its nuances. Does the comic explain why she's acting as an animal taxi service though? ;)

Agent 86
18th June 2015, 01:46 PM
Thanks FruitBuyer!

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2015, 10:00 PM
I'm glad you're doing the comic too. It must be awesome to be able to read the Japanese, and all its nuances. Does the comic explain why she's acting as an animal taxi service though? ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/meme_spoilers_riversong_zps3g8qve9u.gif (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transmutate_(episode)#Transformers_references) :cool:

Bidoofdude
18th June 2015, 10:38 PM
There are no current plans for releasing Windblade, as far as I'm aware.

Dang, Takara's Windblade doesn't look bad. I'm becoming more and more interested in her character too.

prjkt
22nd June 2015, 08:12 PM
Dang, Takara's Windblade doesn't look bad. I'm becoming more and more interested in her character too.

And her RiD cartoon appearance is almost a perfect match to the Takara deco too. Was lucky to get one from BBTS

Jaxius._
4th July 2015, 06:12 PM
Well arcee will be my first hasbro/taktom fembot

Wish we got the whole thrilling 30 line

Alpha Supreme
5th July 2015, 08:12 PM
Cool! More Gok specials :-) I already have both versions but would have loved the Gok translation!

Jaxius._
8th July 2015, 09:51 AM
Do we know how much she will be?

Zommael
8th July 2015, 12:45 PM
Do we know how much she will be?

Judging by Stinger's release (which was the last deluxe class Asia exclusive we got) I'd say $30-35, but TRU may feel they can jack the price up a little as the packaging doesn't so closely resemble a mainline toy. It will hopefully just be a slightly more expensive deluxe.

griffin
9th July 2015, 01:20 AM
The Japanese Deluxe Legends/Generations are in boxes, so expect more than Deluxe pricing here. :(

If it is under $40 I'll probably still get it.

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2016, 11:46 PM
A small comparison the TakaraTOMY and Hasbro version of the instructions.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/lg10arcee%20preview2_zpszqzpe8lg.jpg

The Japanese Deluxe Legends/Generations are in boxes, so expect more than Deluxe pricing here. :(

If it is under $40 I'll probably still get it.
Looks like you won't be getting one (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=22642) then. :p