PDA

View Full Version : Ebay scamming

ecl27
18th June 2015, 07:49 AM
So many scams on ebay these days. Drives me mad seeing them trying to rip off people. Been thru it once where I've won the bid then asked to pay into separate paypal account. I refused and they try to hassle me and neg me for not paying. The link below has the seller selling the same items and exact description from the previous scammer that I dealt with. Careful people.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/my2015_mansu/m.html?item=181776674666&hash=item2a52bbef6a&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

kovert
18th June 2015, 10:10 AM
Only 1x feedback!

kup
18th June 2015, 12:58 PM
100% feedback is no guarantee you won't be scammed. There is this New Castle gaming shop for example that is notorious for showing you a stock image of an item and then sending you something of much less quality. When you confront them about it, they get all indignant about it. Incredibly enough, they have very positive overall feedback on ebay but ask anyone about them, and they will always speak negatively.

There is also all the G1 KO replicas being sold as 'reissues' with the seller often having excellent feedback only because most buyers have no idea it is a KO.

ampoldj
18th June 2015, 01:12 PM
This is why I don't buy anything over a 100aud over ebay even with paypal I dont have time for disputes especially from international sellers. I only trusted one ebay seller from Taiwan after making multiple MP cars purchases first. Good thing I was able to join OTCA and would rather wait and buy TFs here.

kup
18th June 2015, 01:49 PM
This is why I don't buy anything over a 100aud over ebay even with paypal I dont have time for disputes especially from international sellers. I only trusted one ebay seller from Taiwan after making multiple MP cars purchases first. Good thing I was able to join OTCA and would rather wait and buy TFs here.

Oddly enough, I have found sellers from Asia to be far more reliable and honest than local ones...

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2015, 09:26 PM
I don't buy anything over $0 on eBay. ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/meme_noebay_zps4hqqxht9.jpg

Megatran
18th June 2015, 09:28 PM
We know. You've told us many a times before. :p

kup
19th June 2015, 11:18 AM
We know. You've told us many a times before. :p

Yes he has and I find it nothing to be proud about. It's like someone proud of still using a mule instead of a tractor. :p

janda the red
19th June 2015, 12:32 PM
Yes he has and I find it nothing to be proud about. It's like someone proud of still using a mule instead of a tractor. :p

I nearly choked on my sandwich! lmao :p:D

Pig's_A_King
19th June 2015, 12:33 PM
I bought a MP red alert afew months back from an HK seller. Item never arrived, account deactivated, emails never replied, etc. Had like 99% good feedback and been selling for like 7 years... I got abit iffy after 3wks and nothing arrived. No emails replied... Lodges paypal dispute and got a refund, then i bought a KO one from Shanghai from a newbie, & it arrived in less than a week... I ordered a Insecticons 25th anniversary set from a U.S. seller, item never arrived and emails barely replied... HE said tracking says it was delivered... If it was, I didn't sign for it, nor did anyone who resides with me..... If its too good to be true, no matter the positive feedback, avoid at all costs... I got scammed more than once with reasonably priced items

BigTransformerTrev
19th June 2015, 03:30 PM
I've just found annoying that so many sellers on ebay refuse to leave you positive feedback until you have done the same for them. Even when you have paid upfront the moment you have won the auction or bought-it-now. It's another way many of these scammers get away with stuff and have such high feedback ratings. People don't want to leave a negative feedback mark when they know they will recieve one in return.

I did manage to get one guy to change his. Was getting G1 Thundercracker and Skywarp and then he went off the grid for months. Other people buying TF's from him were contacting me to find out if I'd had any better luck contacting him. In the end we all put in paypal claims at once before the time-period elapsed and that made him send the items (he claimed he had not done so earlier because his computer had broken down so couldn't use the internet. Had he not heard of internet cafes? Course he had! He was just dodgy!).

I ended up leaving him a neutral mark, saying it was a good product but very poor communication and postage time. He left a nasty one about me. I contacted him and pointed out I could easily have left negative feedback and I was willing to take this further so he relented and changed his to a positive.

Megatran
19th June 2015, 05:40 PM
I don't buy anything over $0 on eBay. ;)

Reminds me of that Janet Jackson & Luther song lyric:

Ha, ho, oh, wait a minute, I still don't think they've got it
Let's tell them one more time
Check it out!
Everybody needs to know that,
The best things in life are free .........
:D