PDA

View Full Version : Titan Wars!

BigTransformerTrev
20th June 2015, 11:47 AM
TITAN WARS!

From box art from the Tokyo toy show everyone is very stoked about the new figures such as Combiner Wars Bruticus and Blaster. But I noticed next to some box art showing what looks like to be Fortress Maximus the words "TITAN WARS"

Do people think this is going to replace Combiner Wars in 2016? If so we may not get the Technobots which would be a shame. But if they do TITAN WARS - we might be looking a bunch of HUGE figures!

By the looks of it Fortress Maximus is all but confirmed. But who else would we get?

Maybe:
Trypticon
Scorponok
Grandus
Overlord
Metrotitan (recolour of Metroplex)
Necrotitan (recolour of Metroplex)
Grand Maximus (recolour of Fortress Maximus)

Fingers crossed that Titan Wars turns out to be a real thing, but we at least get the Technobots before Combiner Wars comes to a close :). Not sure they would have both lines running at once.

P.S: Here is a link to the box art in the story on Seibertron where you can see Titan Wars written next to what appears to be Fort Max: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/bruticus-artwork-in-combiner-wars-poster-plus-titan-wars-lineart-for-fort-max-blaster-and-more/33252/

BigTransformerTrev
20th June 2015, 12:41 PM
And maybe a Titan sized Tidal Wave and Broadside that turned into massive Aircraft Carriers - would make for a lot of play value with the likes of the CW Aerielbots :)

Handsprime
20th June 2015, 01:20 PM
And maybe a Titan sized Tidal Wave and Broadside that turned into massive Aircraft Carriers - would make for a lot of play value with the likes of the CW Aerielbots :)

Titan sized Broadside or Voyager? I need a Broadside to go along with Springer and Sandstorm. Tidal Wave should be designed so he could combine with CW Armada Megatron.

Still I would love to see a new Tidal Wave and Broadside. Broadside hasn't had a toy in a while!

DaptoDog
20th June 2015, 02:36 PM
How about anot her Omega Supreme? Also I really hope they do Computron, my all time favourite combiner.

BigTransformerTrev
20th June 2015, 04:15 PM
How about anot her Omega Supreme? Also I really hope they do Computron, my all time favourite combiner.

Omega Supreme! How could I forget the big fella :eek::o:p

Titan sized Broadside or Voyager? I need a Broadside to go along with Springer and Sandstorm. Tidal Wave should be designed so he could combine with CW Armada Megatron.

Still I would love to see a new Tidal Wave and Broadside. Broadside hasn't had a toy in a while!

Well the discussion thread is about the upcoming TITAN WARS so that's what I'm putting forth - not a discussion about Voyager sized figures, as cool as having a Broadside relatively sized to the other triple changers would be and we would all enjoy :)

I can just imagine a Titan sized and superbly detailed aircraft-carrier alt-mode - I think it would make an awesome toy!

GoktimusPrime
20th June 2015, 05:33 PM
Interesting to see that Cerebros is drawn with a G1 Marvel/Sunbow accurate head. I wonder if TakaraTOMY will use the same head or have a retooled G1 toy/Toei (The Headmasters) accurate head sculpt. The latter would also make more sense for any future Grand Max or Brave Max repaints of that mould. And it'd be relatively easy enough to just gang mould the Fort Max mould with both variant heads.

It's pretty much impossible to make a properly in-scale Broadside, as you'd either end up with an undersized aircraft carrier, or a ridiculously oversized jet. :p I'd be happy with either size class. :)

BigTransformerTrev
20th June 2015, 05:49 PM
I'm not actually sure how they will manage a TITAN WARS toyline. I mean, all the collectors would be happy as pigs in muck, but its not like the average set of parents are going to buy 2 or more expensive Titan-class TF's in the one year unless their kid is really into Transformers. One maybe for a birthday or Xmas, but not two in the same year.

Obviously not every toy would have to be Titan sized, just like not every CW toy combines, but you'd expect at least two or three in the same year with a name like that.

M-bot
20th June 2015, 06:42 PM
A Metrotitan/Necrotitan is an obvious repaint choice, none/little remoulding necessary.

...which reminds me I need to sell my Metrotitan custom before they announce one!:cool:

M-bot
20th June 2015, 06:44 PM
I'm not actually sure how they will manage a TITAN WARS toyline. I mean, all the collectors would be happy as pigs in muck, but its not like the average set of parents are going to buy 2 or more expensive Titan-class TF's in the one year unless their kid is really into Transformers. One maybe for a birthday or Xmas, but not two in the same year.

Obviously not every toy would have to be Titan sized, just like not every CW toy combines, but you'd expect at least two or three in the same year with a name like that.

I'm wondering if they've seen how well Metroplex sold and the buzz around Devy and realised that while they may not sell the numbers most other TFs sell to casual purchases, the profit margin makes it a worthwhile prospect.

TAAUBlaster
20th June 2015, 07:10 PM
What if they are thinking of doing online stores only for some Titan Wars figures? Kind of like the Quickslinger/Break Neck situation? Postage would suck, but it would eliminate them having to do normal production runs (and lower the risk of shelf warming big toys.)

UltimateGalvatron
20th June 2015, 07:33 PM
Did I tell you guys or what?

MASSIVE FORT MAX FTW!

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st June 2015, 07:14 PM
I mean, all the collectors would be happy as pigs in muck
Sorry Trev, I bet some of them will find something to complain about! ;)

I am very excited. I always loved the idea of having bases that were also Transformers. Makes a lot of sense in the TF world. I suspect though that they might limit the actual size of "Titan" robots. Wouldn't ant two released at the same time methinks.

But then, wasn't Jetfire a titan (or was that leader?). Heck if Devs is a titan, they might bust out a biggy like Metro and some lesser titans.

Bring on Animated Omega Supreme!!:D

MayzaPrime
21st June 2015, 07:57 PM
TITAN WARS!!!!!! :D

This news day keeps getting better and better...

Fortress Maximus... as long as he is a headmaster I will be happy...

Trent
21st June 2015, 08:02 PM
So, what actual news do we have in all this? Do we have more than just a wireframe poster to go off?

BigTransformerTrev
22nd June 2015, 09:40 AM
Fortress Maximus... as long as he is a headmaster I will be happy...

Yep - pretty sure he is going to have Cerebros and possibly Spike too :D

Sorry Trev, I bet some of them will find something to complain about! ;)

Heh - very true ;)

Bring on Animated Omega Supreme!!:D

I'd be happy for either an Animated or a proper WFC Omega. Perferrably both :D

So, what actual news do we have in all this? Do we have more than just a wireframe poster to go off?

That's all at this stage, I think there are going to be more announcements at SDCC

Verno
22nd June 2015, 09:58 AM
The wireframe images of what appears to be Blaster forming some kind of base or station is intriguing. Add to that, this from the Wiki, about the Combiner Wars epilogue issue.

Galvatron corrects her; it is not for himself he asks, but for the sake of Soundwave's dream. He tells Arcee about the construction of the Decepticons' Jupiter commune
If we're getting a Blaster, I wouldn't be surprising anyone by saying that there would be a 90% chance of it being retooled into a Soundwave.

Add to that, Thunderclash and the Vis Vitalis. He integrated his systems into an entire ship -- so why couldn't Blaster and Soundwave incorporate their systems into an entire station?

Am I making sense?

Verno
22nd June 2015, 11:41 AM
And then, of course, we have to look at the mythological meaning of the word Titan. Gods, essentially. And wouldn't you know it, they had a war of their own -- the Titanomachy, or, Titan War.

It involved the Olympian gods, of which there were 12 (sometimes 13, when Hades is included...), and an imprisoned cyclops being released.

Here's a little tidbit from Wikipedia:

... and the Cyclopes forged for Zeus his iconic thunder and lightning.
We all know of a certain cyclops (currently imprisoned in the IDW-verse) who has an inventive knack.

So there are a few parallels between that and the recent inclusion of the 13 into the IDW-verse.

BigTransformerTrev
22nd June 2015, 01:56 PM
And then, of course, we have to look at the mythological meaning of the word Titan. Gods, essentially. And wouldn't you know it, they had a war of their own -- the Titanomachy, or, Titan War.

It involved the Olympian gods, of which there were 12 (sometimes 13, when Hades is included...), and an imprisoned cyclops being released.

Well if its gods we could hope for another Primus and Unicron :D

I think they will probably go with the IDW use of Titan though - in other words 'Giant Fraggin Bot!' :)

Verno
22nd June 2015, 02:54 PM
Headmasters aren't Titans in the IDW universe, though. But, if we could Scorponok's head inside a dead Metrotitan's body, then we're getting somewhere! :cool:

BigTransformerTrev
22nd June 2015, 06:13 PM
Headmasters aren't Titans in the IDW universe, though. But, if we could Scorponok's head inside a dead Metrotitan's body, then we're getting somewhere! :cool:

Sorry - I meant Hasbros toy classifications :o

Jaxius._
22nd June 2015, 07:20 PM
Titan wars will most likely include more than just titan classs figures

fingers crossed for a titan omega supreme that can combine with cw prime like in energon

Jaxius._
22nd June 2015, 07:23 PM

Here's a little tidbit from Wikipedia:

We all know of a certain cyclops (currently imprisoned in the IDW-verse) who has an inventive knack.

So there are a few parallels between that and the recent inclusion of the 13 into the IDW-verse.

I want a shockwave that is the head to the necrotitan

Primus needs to be made and retooled into gobotron

CoRDS
22nd June 2015, 09:54 PM
bring on Titan class tripticon and unicron

Jaxius._
27th June 2015, 09:04 AM
Tidal wave is a straight retool of metroplex

new head
remove the little city kibble

and now you have tidal wave with legends starscream as ramjet (perhaps a dual homage)

MayzaPrime
27th June 2015, 11:45 PM

:D would love to see those :D

BigTransformerTrev
5th July 2015, 03:29 PM

:D would love to see those :D

Been giving it some thought and with the TITAN WARS coinciding with the 30th anniversary of the animated movie I'm think there is a very good chance we will see a Unicron figure - just hope it's a new mould and not a reissue of the Armade one.

Word has it that the Fort Max coming out might just be a recolour of Metroplex with an added Headmaster gimmick. Hoping that's not true, but if it is it would make a new mould like Unicron more likely.

Only thing I'm worried about is that CW Devastator is marked as 'Titan class' even though he is significantly smaller than Metroplex. They might bring out figures in that size instead of Metro's size which would be a shame though it may work for some characters like Tidal Wave and Broadside

prjkt
5th July 2015, 03:45 PM
The banner at Botcon had line work of Fort Max with Metroplex's forearms, but a considerably different torso section, and looking at the level of retools we're getting with Combiner Wars and Springer/Sandstorm, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: had big f/off tank treads on his back, IDW style, so city mode could be pretty sweet.

Zommael
5th July 2015, 04:47 PM
Only thing I'm worried about is that CW Devastator is marked as 'Titan class' even though he is significantly smaller than Metroplex. They might bring out figures in that size instead of Metro's size which would be a shame though it may work for some characters like Tidal Wave and Broadside

On the other hand, from my perspective any additional figures which were the same size or really comparable to Metroplex would make Metro feel less special to me. I wouldn't mind a Fortress Maximus retool with Headmaster gimmick, but going any further than that would start to make Metroplex look like one among many rather than the awesome biggest Transformer ever.

A supreme or even slightly larger Tidal Wave would be very awesome.

Bladestorm
5th July 2015, 07:43 PM
Titan wars will most likely include more than just titan classs figures

fingers crossed for a titan omega supreme that can combine with cw prime like in energon

Omega Supreme is the one figure I would NOT be able to pass up given the chance.

I REALLY hope they do re-issue or have him somewhere in the works to be part of Titan Wars.

BigTransformerTrev
6th October 2015, 06:34 PM
Titan wars will most likely include more than just titan classs figures n

Well by the NYCC teaser image Blaster (if that's him) looks to be leader size, not Titan size. I'm assuming those are deluxe sizes he is standing next to