PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Subscription Service 4.0

BigTransformerTrev
23rd June 2015, 10:55 AM
I'm sure someone has already mentioned this in the Botcon 2015 news thread :o, but I couldn't see it so thought I would post it here :)

The announced figures for next years Subscription Service, with the Mayhem Attack Squad being the theme:

Ruckus
Deluxe Sized
Redo of Offroad

Windsweeper
Deluxe Sized
Redo of Skydive

Needlenose
Deluxe Sized
Redo of Firefly
Comes wiht two Targetmaster Partners

Spinister
Deluxe Sized
Redo of Alpha Bravo
Comes with two Targetmaster Partners

Bludgeon
Voyager Sized
Redo of Onslaught

6th figure a mystery as always

Apparently a 7th bonus figure for people who keep the whole subscription (not sure what they mean by that :confused:)

I'm really excited for this! I skipped 3.0 as Krok was the only one I was interested in and will pick him up from BBTS down the line. But I want the lot of these! Sure, they have gone a pretty easy route with pretty much exclusively using the Combiner Wars toyline, so not a great amount of creativity, but they are all characters I want and the fact that Needlenose and Spinster will come with both TM partners is a welcome bonus! :D

Wonder if this means we will get Crankcase and Quake down the line?

Link to the story on Seibertron: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/botcon-2015-coverage-transformers-collectors-club-tfss-40-armada-ramjet-skywarp-gi-joe-arcee-rodimus-mayhem-maximus/33276/

prjkt
23rd June 2015, 11:05 AM
Each year there's always a "bonus" with #6, last year it was Eject to match Rewind.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a redeco of Powerglide and Shockwave for 6/7 next year as weapons for the combiner, considering this is the first time they've had a voyager in the TFSS?

Sharky
23rd June 2015, 11:30 AM
I agree I wouldn't be surprised if 6 & 7 are two legends sized figures, a weapon and a chest piece...or something like that anyway..

Trent
23rd June 2015, 11:38 AM
Or the "bonus" figure is simply the combined mode character.

I must admit though, for the first time ever, I'm tempted to buy a subscription. Those redecos are cool.

Paulbot
23rd June 2015, 11:41 AM
As I noted in the other thread, they've taken inspiration from the comics but the centre bot should be a Cyclonus retool as Thunderwing

Maybe the combined mode is Thunderwing, as Golden Phoenix suggested. Maybe they couldn't do Thunderwing because Hasbro has something planned as Griffin suggested. Or maybe FunPub came close but just got it wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/ebSOmsdm.jpg

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd June 2015, 11:41 AM
Needlenose has me interested and Ruckus was a given, after looking at Offroad. But the rest? Meeeayaaah.

Their combined mode will look like robot vomit.

I'd like Needlenose, but that is all thanks.

Also the GI Joe link is getting a bit too strong, although I do like the Arcee and Rodimus idea.

Also, Savage looks like a crazy man.

Akky82
23rd June 2015, 11:46 AM
Or the "bonus" figure is simply the combined mode character.

I must admit though, for the first time ever, I'm tempted to buy a subscription. Those redecos are cool.

i'm feeling the same, I have a thing for targetmasters (which i like almost as much as headmasters (which i like almost as much as powermasters)), and had both needlenose and spinister as a kid. If anything at least it's another Decepticon combiner too, with white prime, skylynx, and fembots combined the 'cons are gonna get a bit behind (unlike g1).

Krayt
23rd June 2015, 11:58 AM
Not quite true about the voyager... the first version had an ULTRA!!!

And the 6th has been noted already as being a Deluxe

I just hate the wait for the 7th.... in V2 it was obvious they would repaint rewind, but for V3 they said legend.... and after botcon set got announced i first thought another combiner, but now there are more insects to repaint to go with zaptrap.......

prjkt
23rd June 2015, 12:39 PM
Ahh, didn't know that about the first subscription.

I'm liking this a little more than this year's TFSS, characters that have shown up in comics in recent times like Needlenose and Spinister, and a pre-Pretender/Stormbringer Bludgeon (will use the movie-verse figure as his Pretender version). Wine sweeper and Ruckus don't mean much to me, but I'd like to see the sixth figure be Crankcase out of Swindle - my Scavenger crew will start to grow.

Kinda regretting getting the Botcon 2012 Spinister now, but that mould is still awesome.

On remoulding Cyclonus - I thought that we beyond what the club could do? Aren't the limited to just redecos and new heads created by a separate firm?

MayzaPrime
23rd June 2015, 12:47 PM
Loving this subscription service, cant wait to get it.

Kinda regretting getting the Botcon 2012 Spinister now, but that mould is still awesome.

Don't regret it :p

Just do what I am doing with my Combiner Wars and Generations figures, display them in combined form and have the Generations on display as well. :p

Krayt
23rd June 2015, 12:51 PM
ooohhhh....

i just thought.... 7th fig = megs/warpath repaint into bludgeon bot!

BigTransformerTrev
23rd June 2015, 02:02 PM
I'd say there was a possibility of them doing a redo of CW Brawl into Quake and CW Ironhide into Crankcase. Then they would still be using the combiner wars figures as well as finishing off the Triggercons/Small Targetmasters.

Only problem with that is Quake would have to come with two TM partners too and Funpub usually likes to dish out small figures as their surprise ones, not deluxes with extra partners :rolleyes:

Krayt
23rd June 2015, 03:11 PM
I'd say there was a possibility of them doing a redo of CW Brawl into Quake and CW Ironhide into Crankcase. Then they would still be using the combiner wars figures as well as finishing off the Triggercons/Small Targetmasters.

Only problem with that is Quake would have to come with two TM partners too and Funpub usually likes to dish out small figures as their surprise ones, not deluxes with extra partners :rolleyes:

1 of those could be the 6th... that is a deluxe

Zommael
23rd June 2015, 03:16 PM
Given that they developed a new toy in the Pretender shell for Oilmaster for Botcon... they could do something similar for Bludgeon. I'd say it's unlikely but it's an outside possibility for the seventh figure.

UltimateGalvatron
23rd June 2015, 03:22 PM
I only want Needlenose and Bludgeon because they have had big parts in IDW. But I'm not a subscription member... so :(

griffin
23rd June 2015, 03:59 PM
Not quite true about the voyager... the first version had an ULTRA!!!

And the 6th has been noted already as being a Deluxe

Nope, 7th figure is a Deluxe... nothing could be said at all about the 6th figure as it is still not ready for its reveal.

Krayt
23rd June 2015, 04:40 PM
Nope, 7th figure is a Deluxe... nothing could be said at all about the 6th figure as it is still not ready for its reveal.

whoops my bad... but i knew one of them was a deluxe!

so 6th is mini bludgeon, 7th is someone else :p

crankcase76
23rd June 2015, 07:08 PM
I'm sure someone has already mentioned this in the Botcon 2015 news thread :o, but I couldn't see it so thought I would post it here :)

The announced figures for next years Subscription Service, with the Mayhem Attack Squad being the theme:

Ruckus
Deluxe Sized
Redo of Offroad

Windsweeper
Deluxe Sized
Redo of Skydive

Needlenose
Deluxe Sized
Redo of Firefly
Comes wiht two Targetmaster Partners

Spinister
Deluxe Sized
Redo of Alpha Bravo
Comes with two Targetmaster Partners

Bludgeon
Voyager Sized
Redo of Onslaught

6th figure a mystery as always

Apparently a 7th bonus figure for people who keep the whole subscription (not sure what they mean by that :confused:)

I'm really excited for this! I skipped 3.0 as Krok was the only one I was interested in and will pick him up from BBTS down the line. But I want the lot of these! Sure, they have gone a pretty easy route with pretty much exclusively using the Combiner Wars toyline, so not a great amount of creativity, but they are all characters I want and the fact that Needlenose and Spinster will come with both TM partners is a welcome bonus! :D

Wonder if this means we will get Crankcase and Quake down the line?

Link to the story on Seibertron: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/botcon-2015-coverage-transformers-collectors-club-tfss-40-armada-ramjet-skywarp-gi-joe-arcee-rodimus-mayhem-maximus/33276/

Well i'm already here,:D but if they do FRICKEN SWEET.......!!!!:D:D

Sinnertwin
23rd June 2015, 07:10 PM
my wallet & i are ready

CHILENO20
23rd June 2015, 07:48 PM
my wallet & i are ready

same :D I did the first two & skipped the 3, coming back for the forth :D

BigTransformerTrev
23rd June 2015, 08:40 PM
I did the first two & skipped the 3, coming back for the forth :D

Did exactly the same (with the exception of Ultra Mammoth from the first one).

I wonder if maybe the 3rd TFSS didn't sell as well with characters that were too obscure such as Carzap and Nacelle, so they decided to go back to G1 characters to rope people back in.

CHILENO20
23rd June 2015, 08:58 PM
Did exactly the same (with the exception of Ultra Mammoth from the first one).

I wonder if maybe the 3rd TFSS didn't sell as well with characters that were too obscure such as Carzap and Nacelle, so they decided to go back to G1 characters to rope people back in.

Maybe they finally hit on the idea that we want modern takes of original G1's. The combiners are such a rich vein for them to tap into. They definitely have my $$$ for round 4 :D

prjkt
23rd June 2015, 09:10 PM
I kinda like the obscurity of some of v3 - Carzap sits proud on my Neo-G2 shelf, as will G2 Screamer and probably Tarantulus, as the "Neo-G2" is turning more into a "Neo-post G1" shelf...

Back on topic though, I find some of these guys in v4 just as obscure - up-sized version of Bludgeon's inner robot, no longer a tank, but still close enough to his pre-Stormbringer form in IDW, double Targetmasters that are now clmbiner limbs too? Cool. If #6&7 are indeed Crankcase and Quake out of other CW moulds, even better.

I'm surprised though, I would have thought we'd be getting a Nexus Prime redux, but maybe that's coming next year for Botcon, or trickled through once a year through the TFSS bonus figure?

BigTransformerTrev
24th June 2015, 07:30 AM
I kinda like the obscurity of some of v3 - Carzap sits proud on my Neo-G2 shelf, as will G2 Screamer and probably Tarantulus, as the "Neo-G2" is turning more into a "Neo-post G1" shelf...

Back on topic though, I find some of these guys in v4 just as obscure - up-sized version of Bludgeon's inner robot, no longer a tank, but still close enough to his pre-Stormbringer form in IDW, double Targetmasters that are now clmbiner limbs too?

I must admit to having a penchant for obscure characters too. Would give my right arm for a reasonably priced Turbo Master :p. But given the cost of the subscription service I wasn't about to shell out that much for the likes of Carzap who I had never even heard of and I reckon a lot of others were the same. That said, good on those that did grab these characters and are enjoying them :)

I don't think you could count the likes of Bludgeon as equally obscure - even without his shell he has been cropping up in fiction for decades now. And there are enough people who know every single G1 character that the double Targetmasters would have a commercial appeal to those who have joined the TFCC.

Akky82
24th June 2015, 08:37 AM
Been thinking more on these, kinda wish they'd used Air Raid as Needlenose, as opposed to 4 copies of that mould (I'll get to Spinister in a sec), but Fireflight is fixed wing, just like Needlenose, and maybe it's cheaper or something for that mould. As for Spinister, it makes me wish more they'd retooled Vortex to look more like an attack helicopter, as that's what G1 Spinister was, then at least you'd have 2 of each retool rather than just 4 repaints. But it's TFSS so cant expect to be that spoilt. As for Quake, yeah I'd love a repaint of Brawl for him, just like I'd love an updated Quickmix and Landfill to go with the Scoop we got last year.

As for comment about combined mode will look like vomit... Maybe some of us like that kind of thing :-P (crazy mismatched colours on special figures... not the vomit bit).

BigTransformerTrev
22nd July 2015, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty chuffed to hear the 6th figure revealed is Impactor!:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-subscription-service-40-6th-figure-reveal/33531/

I didn't see that coming. I bought the official Impactor toy off SS77 as I wanted a figure of the character but really hated he was predominently orange, so this is welcome news to me :D

prjkt
22nd July 2015, 11:29 AM
That works for me. Be cool to see who the "bonus" figure will be, now that Hasbro are doing an official G2 Menasor, with the club's mascot, G2 Breakdown.

MayzaPrime
22nd July 2015, 11:46 AM
Awesome move TFCC... :D

Best subscription service so far... :p

I hope that Impactors hand is remolded and the right fist is removed. ;)

Trent
22nd July 2015, 12:05 PM
I'm probably going to join up for this wonderful sub service. That way when I rag on funpub it'll be with first hand experience :p

But I wan the MMC Impactor. I'll probably end up selling his one.

UltraMarginal
22nd July 2015, 01:43 PM
I am ok with these, I don't understand why they didn't use Skydive for needlenose and air raid for wind sweeper, the alt modes are much more representative.

I don't know if I want to pay subscription prices for 4 versions of the same transformation scheme? I think I might have buyers remorse if I did that.

I'm trying to figure out if Impactor is a direct repaint of Rook, just with a new head.

it is cool that so many of these guys are decepticons, to help even out the ranks of the overall combiner wars line.

Sinnertwin
22nd July 2015, 02:48 PM
Want. Want a lot.
That is all.

griffin
22nd July 2015, 04:55 PM
I hope it's colours end up being comic-accurate.
Not sure if the mould works that well for Impactor, because he doesn't have the trademark shoulder cannon. I think they could stick that head on any bulky vehicle toy... but the weird fist-holes for Combiner Rook must have been the deciding point.

So it looks like FunPub have decided that TFW is too hostile (and promotes the TFCon) and have announced their official partnership with Seibertron with the reveal of this toy (https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/status/623548223433613312) (as they revealed it on Seibertron before on their own FunPub sites or outlets)... and since they now have a sub-forum on Seibertron, in a way, it means FunPub don't have to set up their own forums anymore after years of promises.
(that explains why Seibertron wasn't posting any news coming out of TFCon, as FunPub wouldn't have allowed them to do it)

If FunPub don't change the way they treat their fans, interacting exclusively on a new fansite won't last long... unless Seibertron has been instructed by FunPub to censor criticism if they want to keep the relationship.

griffin
22nd July 2015, 05:06 PM
I tried looking for this on TFW, and it's been moved out of the news section into Conventions... and looks like a fair bit of anti-Funpub posts must have been posted and removed.
TFW is the bigger of the two fansites, so I wonder if FunPub are going to lose even more customers now, from not having their products featured on the site with more Transformers fans. (and hopefully FunPub don't try to convince Hasbro to ban TFW from accessing news and presentations like Toyfair and SDCC as payback)

It's certainly going to make it harder for me to keep up with Club news if TFW are no longer going to front-page it, as I don't often check Seibertron because their front page is not viewer friendly (especially on mobile devices), with their endless sponsor postings that you have to scroll down for ages to get to a news posting.
I don't have anything against people using Seibertron (after the mess of them not crediting my works was sorted out), and I am not discouraging people from using it either... I'm just saying that TFW has been the easier site for me to use for relaying news to this site, which will mean relying on other people here more often, to post up Club news in future.

EDIT - this is a statement from TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1047340-regarding-club-botcon-discussion-7-21-15-a.html) about why they can't front-page as much Club news anymore (because it would be promoting Seibertron now).

UltraMarginal
22nd July 2015, 05:54 PM
it's pretty poor form for an official representative of Hasbro to essentially pick sides with one fan forum over another. even though this is the sort of thing that Seibertron has been angling towards for years since they stopped front paging Independent developer news, hoping to get 'in' with Hasbro.

It will be interesting to see how they go in the future with their podcast, they have been rather scathing of the club in the past, they have praised the club too where credit was due. but boy some of the rants that have gone on.

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2015, 07:19 PM
I really would like to get Impactor, but if it's gonna be too expensive or hard to get, then I'll pass and just stick w/ my Generations Impactor (and his Dutch pride (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Dutch_football_supporters_20120609_%281%29.jpg) :p).

prjkt
23rd July 2015, 07:57 AM
After Seibertron had Hasbro and them the SDCC exclusive Devi/Combiner Hunters sets, I'm wondering if Hasbro had a say in this?

SuspectimusPrime
23rd July 2015, 06:25 PM
ooohhhh....

i just thought.... 7th fig = megs/warpath repaint into bludgeon bot!

That's all I ask for! Just a simple maroon plastic torso with jade/emerald arms/legs..

If FunPub don't change the way they treat their fans, interacting exclusively on a new fansite won't last long... unless Seibertron has been instructed by FunPub to censor criticism if they want to keep the relationship.

I tried looking for this on TFW, and it's been moved out of the news section into Conventions... and looks like a fair bit of anti-Funpub posts must have been posted and removed.
TFW is the bigger of the two fansites, so I wonder if FunPub are going to lose even more customers now, from not having their products featured on the site with more Transformers fans. (and hopefully FunPub don't try to convince Hasbro to ban TFW from accessing news and presentations like Toyfair and SDCC as payback)

I doubt an incorporated company would allow for any influence from a poor operation like FunPub. If Hasbro was going to spend any time/effort/dollars in suppressing negative opinions they would have attacked third party producers (the non-KO'ers) a long time ago.

Deonasis
23rd July 2015, 09:51 PM
If Hasbro was going to spend any time/effort/dollars in suppressing negative opinions they would have replaced FunPub a long time ago.
Fixed. Maybe?

reillyd
24th July 2015, 12:47 AM
Does anyone else think its bizarre that there would be a club forum on an unofficial site, rather than just rolling out a new forum on the clubs own? Guess they've given up promising to fix it

griffin
24th July 2015, 10:13 AM
Word is that (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/club-provides-update-regarding-transformers-subscription-service-40/33550/) the 4th series will have their subscription period during August. Like previous years they will have a three instalment payment option, as well as a new third payment option - 2 part payments before the release of the first toy.

SuspectimusPrime
24th July 2015, 11:07 AM
Fixed. Maybe?

;)

Does anyone else think its bizarre that there would be a club forum on an unofficial site, rather than just rolling out a new forum on the clubs own? Guess they've given up promising to fix it

Can't imagine it would be cost-effective to run their own club forum. They would probably need to pay for additional customer service wages in order to clean up the negative comments.

MayzaPrime
24th July 2015, 11:48 AM
Can't imagine it would be cost-effective to run their own club forum. They would probably need to pay for additional customer service wages in order to clean up the negative comments.

They would have their work cut out for them, cleaning up all the negative comments would be a full time job. :p

griffin
24th July 2015, 08:29 PM
According to Karl Hartman on TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-conventions-get-togethers/1047477-tfss-4-0-update-post12780464.html), the mystery 7th figure is going to be a character he has been begging to have done for several years.... so must be someone important.

And for those who didn't read FunPub's BotCon panel, the 7th figure is a Deluxe toy.

prjkt
1st August 2015, 12:56 PM
According to Karl Hartman on TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-conventions-get-togethers/1047477-tfss-4-0-update-post12780464.html), the mystery 7th figure is going to be a character he has been begging to have done for several years.... so must be someone important.

And for those who didn't read FunPub's BotCon panel, the 7th figure is a Deluxe toy.
Xaaron?