PDA

View Full Version : Onslaught Universe and USA comparison pics

kup
11th September 2008, 09:52 PM
This small gallery points out the color differences between Universe and USA Edition (what the Japanese are calling their version of Universe Ultras).

http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29

The Japanese Onslaught is certainly much more G1 accurate in color shading but the Hasbro one is still very good. I don't really see enough difference here that would obviously make one figure better than the other unlike many of the deluxes. It's just a matter of taste.

BTW: The USA Edition robot head is to be painted considerably different to Hasbro's for a more G1 look, we have seen blurry pics showing this so far but no Hi res to see the detailing.

autobreadticon
11th September 2008, 10:15 PM
i am not liking this grey theme with the hasbro ones similar to galvatron

Pulse
12th September 2008, 12:09 AM
How do these people on the Chinese Boards get these figures so early? (They must steal 'em from the factory themselves... :rolleyes:)

kup
12th September 2008, 11:22 AM
I believe you are correct, Pulse. Too many loose figures go on Chinese auctions early for it to be coincidences. They are also well motivated since a lot of people have the stupid tendency of paying insane amounts of money to own a toy a month or two before everyone else so they can show it off. That is the epitome of shallowness.

Pulse
12th September 2008, 01:49 PM
It's as though those 3 or so Youtube reviewers compete against eachother over who can get a figure first... :rolleyes:

Those people in China must be laughing all the way to the bank... :D