PDA

View Full Version : Judi Dench for Sky Lynx!

Zommael
25th June 2015, 01:56 PM
“I’d like to play an animal that turns into something – I’d love that if anyone’s got the part?” (http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/24/judi-dench-speaks-to-prince-edward-films-without-borders-charity-event-st-james-palace)

(wasn't entirely sure where to post this, as it isn't news and I'm posting it mostly for humour, so hopefully the mods can sort it out if it's wrong)

BigTransformerTrev
25th June 2015, 03:31 PM
You know what? If Sky Lynx was female she would have the perfect voice for the character! I've seen her do characters who are a mixture of articulate and arrogant - she could be Sky Lynx' mum :D

CBratron
25th June 2015, 03:49 PM
What if Sky and Lynx were separate identities? And what if they argued like an old married couple?

Magnus
25th June 2015, 04:14 PM
You know what? If Sky Lynx was female she would have the perfect voice for the character! I've seen her do characters who are a mixture of articulate and arrogant - she could be Sky Lynx' mum :D

Didn't G1 Sky Lynx have a faux British accent?

Zommael
25th June 2015, 04:18 PM

I'd say she has the perfect voice for the part - Sky Lynx is a giant robot space shuttle dinosaur, so gender hardly comes into it!

BigTransformerTrev
25th June 2015, 04:56 PM
What if Sky and Lynx were separate identities? And what if they argued like an old married couple?

Lol - they should have done that with Flywheels :D

More posh. And when an American talks posh they often sound like they are trying to be British.

I'd say she has the perfect voice for the part - Sky Lynx is a giant robot space shuttle dinosaur, so gender hardly comes into it!

Na. Sky Lynx is definitely a boy. It's just like with other Avian creatures that that part of the anatomy retracts into the main body until needed. With Sky Lynx this is doubly as important as otherwise he'd scrape it off when landing in shuttle mode ;)

SMHFConvoy
25th June 2015, 05:54 PM

2nded, from now on when I read Transformers Sky Lynx will sound like Dame Judi Dench in my head :D

Zommael
25th June 2015, 08:09 PM
Na. Sky Lynx is definitely a boy. It's just like with other Avian creatures that that part of the anatomy retracts into the main body until needed. With Sky Lynx this is doubly as important as otherwise he'd scrape it off when landing in shuttle mode ;)

I understand why you see Sky Lynx as male, but are you seriously telling me that while a giant flying robot dinosaur space shuttle isn't too far-fetched, a giant flying robot dinosaur space shuttle voiced by a woman is? I mean, Sky Lynx could still be "male" for whatever that means to a creature like him/her/it, just voiced by Judi Dench.

(I mean, to be quite honest she's Judi ****ing Dench, she can play Optimus Prime if she bloody wants to)

BigTransformerTrev
25th June 2015, 08:28 PM
I understand why you see Sky Lynx as male, but are you seriously telling me that while a giant flying robot dinosaur space shuttle isn't too far-fetched, a giant flying robot dinosaur space shuttle voiced by a woman is? I mean, Sky Lynx could still be "male" for whatever that means to a creature like him/her/it, just voiced by Judi Dench.

(I mean, to be quite honest she's Judi ****ing Dench, she can play Optimus Prime if she bloody wants to)

No I'm not 'Seriously' telling you. I was making references to his robogenitals for Primus sake so I thought it was implied I was being flippant :rolleyes:

It's not too far fetched at all. He was male in G1 and Beast Hunters but I wouldn't have a problem if they made him female in some future incarnation. Let's wait and see how 'it' is referred to in his box bio on the upcoming Combiner Wars version eh - possible that the term 'she' may be used (though given Victorion coming out it's probably unlikely we will get even more female Autobot combiner characters sadly )

Ode to a Grasshopper
25th June 2015, 08:40 PM
Actually, that'd be pretty awesome...

GoktimusPrime
25th June 2015, 11:52 PM
Cultivated American English. In Transformers, Harold Attinger (Age of Extinction) and Tracks (G1) also spoke with more refined/cultivated American accents.

GoktimusPrime
26th June 2015, 09:54 AM
Other TF characters with cultivated/refined North American accents include:
* Lord Chumley
* Dr. Arkeville
* Megatron (G1, TFP)
* Megatron (BW/M, UT)
* Starscream (G1)
* Starscream (TFP)
* Shockwave (G1, Animated)
* Dinobot (BW)
* Scrapper (G1)
* Hook (G1)

Jinto
28th June 2015, 10:44 PM

That would be awesome! XP
Optimus should have a scene where his voice box gets damaged and he talks like Judy Dench for a scene.

GoktimusPrime
28th June 2015, 11:09 PM
Judi Dench would make a great voice for Elita 1 IMO. :)

Speaking of which, Elita 1 also spoke with a Cultivated American accent, as did Grapple and Hoist.

Lint
29th June 2015, 12:01 PM
Judi Dench for one of the five faces of Quintesson Judge!

BigTransformerTrev
29th June 2015, 12:15 PM
Judi Dench for one of the five faces of Quintesson Judge!

Oooohhhhh! Good one! Loving the idea :D

Alpha Supreme
29th June 2015, 12:17 PM
Dame Judi Dench could read the phone book and I'd lap it up. LOVE her!!! And if she ended up voicing a Transformer my love for her would grow exponentially, that is to say it would be infinite.

Lint
29th June 2015, 01:22 PM
Oooohhhhh! Good one! Loving the idea :D

One of the other voices of the Quintesson Judge should also be Christopher Walken just for kicks :p

"Y'see... all... we wanna ask... is... if you're guilty... or... innocent"

BigTransformerTrev
29th June 2015, 02:16 PM
One of the other voices of the Quintesson Judge should also be Christopher Walken just for kicks :p

"Y'see... all... we wanna ask... is... if you're guilty... or... innocent"

Bwah hahaha! You are cracking me up mate! :D:D:D

Sniff.... Christopher Walken Quintsson Judge... Freakin Gold! :D