PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck is Victorion?

Sam
27th June 2015, 09:52 AM
I haven't been following the TF comics for quite some time.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about this character please. Thanks. :)

http://tformers.com/sdcc-2015-women-of-transformers-panel-to-debut-combiner-victorion-comics-and-special-guests/26969/news.html

BigTransformerTrev
27th June 2015, 09:58 AM
They did a fan poll for what would make up a new combiner. Everyone voted for 'female' and Autobot' and this is where she stems from

Paulbot
27th June 2015, 10:06 AM
This article (http://tformers.com/combiner-wars-combiner-hunters-fan-built-combiner-victorion-revealed-in-new-usa-today-article/26891/news.html) has basically all the information we know about this new group of combiners. No toys seen. Hasn't appeared in any comics. A couple of preview panels is it.

See this thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=20220) for the fan vote information.

BigTransformerTrev
27th June 2015, 10:58 AM
While I'm 100% totally pleased we are getting a female combiner, I reckon it's a shame its going to be an Autobot. I think if fans had known that we would have so many other Autobot combiner groups coming out in the next year or so, and the fact we have seen tons of female Autobots crop up in IDW but no Decepticon ones as yet, we might have gotten a female Decepticon combiner to even those two factors out.

A combiner with Strika as the body, Slipstream as a jet/arm, Flamewar as a motorcycle/leg and maybe two new characters would have been awesome! :D

Defcon
27th June 2015, 04:10 PM
They could always repaint and retool Victorion to make a Decepticon combiner as well. I wonder when and if they make Victorion, will they create a set of unique toys, or will they reuse some molds from another combiner. Will have to wait and see.

BigTransformerTrev
27th June 2015, 04:33 PM
They could always repaint and retool Victorion to make a Decepticon combiner as well. I wonder when and if they make Victorion, will they create a set of unique toys, or will they reuse some molds from another combiner. Will have to wait and see.

I reckon since they used existing moulds for the fan vote they will just recolour existing toys - maybe with new headsculpts

griffin
28th June 2015, 06:47 AM
While I'm 100% totally pleased we are getting a female combiner, I reckon it's a shame its going to be an Autobot. I think if fans had known that we would have so many other Autobot combiner groups coming out in the next year or so, and the fact we have seen tons of female Autobots crop up in IDW but no Decepticon ones as yet, we might have gotten a female Decepticon combiner to even those two factors out.

A combiner with Strika as the body, Slipstream as a jet/arm, Flamewar as a motorcycle/leg and maybe two new characters would have been awesome! :D

I see the problem being that when different elements are voted on by fans separately, Autobot will always win, and Female will always win (like it did with Windblade and other various fan-votes).
If they had a single voting category of "Autobot male, Autobot female, Decepticon male, Decepticon female", it might make it more interesting, and could see a Decepticon female win.
Maybe.

Seraphim Prime
28th June 2015, 07:46 AM

The molds will all be existing molds, with (I am assuming) minor remolding.

I believe it's the Silverbolt body, two Alpha Bravo limbs, and two car limbs.

Paulbot
28th June 2015, 07:50 AM
Despite the motorcycle part not being noticeable in the art, the article says it's a Hotspot and Groove repaints making up her body:

The team's alternate vehicular forms include two race cars, a pair of helicopters, a motorcycle and a rescue truck.

Sinnertwin
28th June 2015, 07:54 AM
2 Alpha Bravo's
2 vehicles and
1 Torso repaint

That is Victorion.
;)

BigTransformerTrev
28th June 2015, 07:58 AM
That is Victorion.
;) [/SIZE][/FONT]

No, being obsessed with a game where grown men run around an oval in tiny tiny shorts - THAT is Victorian :p

GoktimusPrime
28th June 2015, 09:22 AM
The name initially bugged me.
<insert rant about hybrid Latin and Greek nomenclature>
Then I realised that it's really no better or worse than what Hasbro did during G1 with names like "Superion*," so it's actually pretty accurate to G1 naming practice! :D

--------------------------------------------------------
*The full Greek equivalent would be Hyperion.

CBratron
28th June 2015, 10:11 AM
Of the three names to be voted on the poll, Victorion was the least silly. It even sounds slightly Masterforce-y.

For reference the other names were Slammoth and Quakebreak.

GoktimusPrime
28th June 2015, 10:29 AM
I'm SO glad that "Slammoth" didn't get voted in. And I'm surprised that Hasbro would even considered Slammoth given its colloquial/slang meaning (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Slammoth). Even worse if it'd been female! :eek: Hasbro won't use Slag's original name, despite the fact that he's a male Dinobot whose can reduce metal to molten slag with his fire breath (thus it's a direct reference to his ability, not her^his promiscuity), but they were fine with the possibility that they might have had a female character named Slammoth?! :eek: Unless she transforms into a mammoth who... slams... I don't even... :eek:

5FDP
29th June 2015, 12:19 PM
No, being obsessed with a game where grown men run around an oval in tiny tiny shorts - THAT is Victorian :p

Someone's been watching the games faaaar too closely. Not that there's anything wrong with that :)

BigTransformerTrev
29th June 2015, 12:31 PM
Someone's been watching the games faaaar too closely. Not that there's anything wrong with that :)

Actually living in a tiny VIC rural town I'm almost a pariah as I don't really follow AFL that much :rolleyes:

Alpha Supreme
29th June 2015, 12:52 PM
I am really looking forward to Victorion. An all female combiner will be sensational. As previously said I too wish they were Decepticons. IDW's approach to explaining female transformers has been interesting and also the relationships that Transformers can have between each other... "Conjunx Endura" and "Amica Endura" I found touching and really a broadening feature of Transformer lore.

prjkt
29th June 2015, 04:04 PM
I'm SO glad that "Slammoth" didn't get voted in. And I'm surprised that Hasbro would even considered Slammoth given its colloquial/slang meaning (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Slammoth). Even worse if it'd been female! :eek: Hasbro won't use Slag's original name, despite the fact that he's a male Dinobot whose can reduce metal to molten slag with his fire breath (thus it's a direct reference to his ability, not her^his promiscuity), but they were fine with the possibility that they might have had a female character named Slammoth?! :eek: Unless she transforms into a mammoth who... slams... I don't even... :eek:
I wonder if it was a case of knowing the name they wanted, so they grabbed two of the worst names possible to make their preferred on the most popular?

Or their marketing department has a limited scope when it comes to checking out what words can mean outside of their little corner of the world.

griffin
29th June 2015, 10:12 PM
I wonder if it was a case of knowing the name they wanted, so they grabbed two of the worst names possible to make their preferred on the most popular?

Kelloggs did the same with their "vote in the new colour Froot Loop" about 15-20 years ago... they obviously wanted blue to win by having the other choices be boring white and dark green (they already had a light green). :rolleyes: