PDA

View Full Version : Devastator - how are you going to display it?

griffin
2nd July 2015, 08:51 PM
Unless you buy more than one, the annoying thing will be to decide how you will display it when you are done playing with them (if you take them out of the box) - Combined mode, individual robot modes, or, individual vehicle modes.

How will you be displaying it, and why?

And, are you planning to get more than one, to display in different modes?

BigTransformerTrev
2nd July 2015, 09:02 PM
Hasbro in combined mode, Tak/Tom version as individual bots

prjkt
2nd July 2015, 09:03 PM
I barely have enough room to display him in combined mode, so that's the way for me.

Handsprime
2nd July 2015, 09:34 PM
If I ever decide to get the TakaraTomy version, none of them would be a part of Devastator (they would just be 6 individuals). Only the Hasbro version will be Devastator.

philby
2nd July 2015, 11:40 PM
all modes on a rotating roster :)

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2015, 12:13 AM
Combined, cos yeah, space. ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/shelves_classicsverse_zpsbcmtrnjn.jpg

Raider
3rd July 2015, 08:04 AM
I barely have enough room to display him in combined mode, so that's the way for me.

^ This

jazzcomp
3rd July 2015, 09:49 AM
Definitely more awesome to see him in combined mode as well as space saver.

Zommael
3rd July 2015, 11:52 AM
In combined mode most of the time, though I might choose to mix it up a little.

MayzaPrime
3rd July 2015, 12:57 PM
Combined... But he is too large for my current shelf arrangement, I will be moving some shelves around so I can fit Dev and Metroplex on the same shelf. :D

UltraMarginal
3rd July 2015, 02:19 PM
all modes on a rotating roster :)

This^

I will occasionally change from one to the other, my display is dynamic, it is rarely the same from week to week, or on occasion when I don't get to it, month to month.

My play is re-organisation of my displays. taking a figure out and transforming it and putting it back. a figure might spend a few days out of the cabinet before going back in.

Paulbot
3rd July 2015, 03:34 PM
The other part of this question is will you display with CHUG figures or with Masterpiece?

I think both Devastator and the individual robots look best along side MP figures (like Soundwave, the Jets and the Autobot Cars).

They also look better in scale with CW Megatron than the other CW figues do, but that's because CW Megatron is in scale with MP10 Optimus.

millhouse
3rd July 2015, 03:39 PM
My display is dynamic, it is rarely the same from week to week, or on occasion when I don't get to it, month to month.

This is what I want mine to end up like. I'll get there at some point but considering the study has to be emptied to be repainted and the spare room is currently being painted, I'm lucky I've got a bookshelf available to have things on top of at the moment!

Krayt
3rd July 2015, 04:15 PM
D-I-S-P-L-A-Y???

What is this... Dis-Play???

Mine will be opened, looked at, and hidden from wifey :p

UltraMarginal
3rd July 2015, 05:34 PM
This is what I want mine to end up like. I'll get there at some point but considering the study has to be emptied to be repainted and the spare room is currently being painted, I'm lucky I've got a bookshelf available to have things on top of at the moment!

80%-90% of my collection is in plastic tubs or not opened yet, I have one billy bookcase and one of those detolf style cabinets that Aldi sell once a year. this is one of the drivers for it's dynamic state but I don't like the look of them just standing there either.

Jaxius._
4th July 2015, 08:50 AM
several

Tamtom:
Misb
individual bots

Hasbro:
Combined mode (with PE upgrade
Vehichle (again PE upgrade)

GoktimusPrime
4th July 2015, 09:14 AM
For those who can get it, I think that the SDCC Constructicons look best displayed as individual robots. I'm not personally sold on the chrome on SDCC Devastator, but the insane amount on additional paint ops on the individual SDCC Constructicons is amazing! :eek:

griffin
4th July 2015, 11:12 AM
A bonus question...

If you bought (or were given) the three known sets (Hasbro, SDCC, TakaraTomy), considering their slight differences, what mode would you think is best to display each one in?

Handsprime
4th July 2015, 11:19 AM
A bonus question...

If you bought (or were given) the three known sets (Hasbro, SDCC, TakaraTomy), considering their slight differences, what mode would you think is best to display each one in?

If I had all 3

Hasbro - Vehicle Modes
SDCC - Devastator
TakaraTomy - Robot Modes.

BigTransformerTrev
4th July 2015, 11:52 AM
If I had all 3

Hasbro - Vehicle Modes
SDCC - Devastator

^ this

z3r03d
4th July 2015, 01:27 PM
If I had all 3

Hasbro - Vehicle Modes
SDCC - Devastator

^ This too

Golden Phoenix
4th July 2015, 01:30 PM
Depends on the amount of room I have. Probably Combined mode.

hanprimus
4th July 2015, 01:57 PM
In robot mode, but I don't have one yet :(
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/keztnah/44277173-43AE-4A60-93E8-A433F3E58F94_zpsrkcx14uj.jpg (http://s235.photobucket.com/user/keztnah/media/44277173-43AE-4A60-93E8-A433F3E58F94_zpsrkcx14uj.jpg.html)

UltraMarginal
6th July 2015, 09:39 AM
A bonus question...

If I had all 3

Hasbro - Vehicle Modes
SDCC - Devastator

^ this

^ This too

This too also, as long as I had space... :rolleyes:

I'd probably sell all but the Takara version and display it in various modes. or keep the Hasbro as well for the intent of painting it up and never getting around to it. :o

5FDP
6th July 2015, 12:45 PM
If I were displaying them individually, I'd go for the Takara version. My preference is to display him in combined mode - the way it should be, and for this reason prefer the Hasbro version as there's no chance of loosing all the extra weapons ;)

millhouse
6th July 2015, 01:03 PM
If I had all three;

Hasbro SDCC - combined mode (despite the chrome)
Hasbro standard - vehicle modes
Takara UW - individual robots.

As it is, it will be Hasbro as combined, with Takara as individual robots.

drifand
6th July 2015, 03:12 PM
Was wondering what is the shortest height you can pose devy in action?

Zommael
6th July 2015, 05:20 PM
Was wondering what is the shortest height you can pose devy in action?

Depends what you mean by "in action". If he's been defeated and is about to be sliced up by the Combiner Hunters, then a few centimetres. He'd be quite long in that situation though.

5FDP
7th July 2015, 08:42 AM
Depends what you mean by "in action". If he's been defeated and is about to be sliced up by the Combiner Hunters, then a few centimetres. He'd be quite long in that situation though.

HA! That is also my best 'action' position ;) :p

Zommael
7th July 2015, 12:12 PM
HA! That is also my best 'action' position ;) :p

What, about to be sliced up by three women with enormous... swords?

(I had no idea how filthy that first post sounded when I originally wrote it!)

BigTransformerTrev
10th July 2015, 08:40 PM
I'll either display him like this:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/TrevD2_zpsxhcz01hg.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/TrevD2_zpsxhcz01hg.jpg.html)

Or this:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/TrevD1_zpsxa7ezbnd.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/TrevD1_zpsxa7ezbnd.jpg.html)

Either way - my pool table is going to look cool! :D

And I'm going to be stuck for a damn long time standing behind it to complete the effect :p

DELTAprime
12th July 2015, 09:29 PM
I'm only getting 1 UW Devastator. He's going to be combined, just like the rest of the line cause, you know, space.

If I could get more than one I'd get another a second UW Devastator not a Hasbro one because of the better deco and have the second one has individual bots.

Magnus
12th July 2015, 10:31 PM
People having multiple Devastators aside, the overwhelming majority are clearly displaying Devastator in combined mode (and would this be any different elsewhere?), so it's tempting to say the lack of elbows on Scrapper is a non-issue, although I can understand why some would be irked.

...I'm going to be stuck for a damn long time standing behind it to complete the effect :p

Why not just get a clothes rail on wheels and a coathanger, and put it behind the pool table? :D

ampoldj
12th July 2015, 10:57 PM
I really wanted to get the SDCC in combined and Takara on bot mode but i think i will just get the Takara for now.