PDA

View Full Version : BigW 20% off all toys 20 July-26 July

Omega Metro
17th July 2015, 01:33 PM
BigW have 20% off all toys 20 July-26 July. :)

drifand
17th July 2015, 01:53 PM
Ah crap I just turned down a devy today as they finally called.

Handsprime
17th July 2015, 02:18 PM
now if only Big W actually bothered to stock Transformers...
Well at least Macquarie.

Sinnertwin
17th July 2015, 02:24 PM
hero mashers FTW!

i_amtrunks
17th July 2015, 03:09 PM
Otherwise known as the "crap, this rubbish we ordered pallets of didn't move at the sale prices" sale.

Better than a kick in the teeth, and makes their lego prices even better!

megatren
17th July 2015, 03:10 PM
Time to get more of the fast and the furious hotwheels.

Sinnertwin
17th July 2015, 03:21 PM
Otherwise known as the "crap, this rubbish we ordered pallets of didn't move at the sale prices" sale

along with "oh, Target's having a Toy Sale. Let's see if we can steal a bit of their thunder too"
:p

ampoldj
17th July 2015, 03:33 PM
And you can get $20 gift card with everyday rewards if you spend $100 or more. Just print the barcode sent on your email if you have EDR

Ace
17th July 2015, 03:50 PM
So potentially, old mate devy could get picked up for around $137?

Megatran
17th July 2015, 03:51 PM
Alright. Waited for the sale for Devastator. :rolleyes::p

UltraMarginal
17th July 2015, 04:09 PM
along with "oh, Target's having a Toy Sale. Let's see if we can steal a bit of their thunder too"
:p

I recall them doing this in the past, their sale being early but then they effectively had competing prices while targets sale was on.

DarkHyren
17th July 2015, 05:10 PM
Alright. Waited for the sale for Devastator. :rolleyes::pNow if only BigW actually stocked Devastator :p :rolleyes:

Handsprime
17th July 2015, 05:16 PM
hero mashers FTW!

You have won the internet today.

DELTAprime
17th July 2015, 07:46 PM
Anyone have a link? I work at a Big W and have seen nothing about this. The dates are very odd, sales almost always start on a Thursday.

Omega Metro
17th July 2015, 07:52 PM
Anyone have a link? I work at a Big W and have seen nothing about this. The dates are very odd, sales almost always start on a Thursday.

Back page of the newest catalogue that starts Thursday. 20%off toys start Monday. I'd post a pic if it wasn't such a nightmare trying to do it on this forum.

DELTAprime
17th July 2015, 08:05 PM
Back page of the newest catalogue that starts Thursday. 20%off toys start Monday. I'd post a pic if it wasn't such a nightmare trying to do it on this forum.

Is that the one with Snow White on the cover?

markus84
17th July 2015, 08:11 PM
Now if only BigW actually stocked Devastator :p :rolleyes:

I don't know when it changed but the website is showing devastator as available now (previously showed 'x'against Home delivery, simply collect and shop in store

Although nearly everywhere is sold out.....but hopefully this means they might be re-stocking soon

Paulbot
17th July 2015, 08:23 PM
Hmm. Out of stock at most stores around me, but "low stock" at Southland and Karingal...

DELTAprime
17th July 2015, 08:32 PM
Hmm. Out of stock at most stores around me, but "low stock" at Southland and Karingal...

I suggest you call the store and get them to check the stock on hand of him before making the trip. A search for *TFM GEN* will come right up with him.

I don't know when it changed but the website is showing devastator as available now (previously showed 'x'against Home delivery, simply collect and shop in store

Although nearly everywhere is sold out.....but hopefully this means they might be re-stocking soon

Hasbro Australia is having supply issues getting stock to retailers because they moved to a new warehouse so there's no guarantee Big W or any other retailer will get stock in a timely manner. Right now they seem to be trickling out CW Deluxe Wave 3 but it's in such short supply this end of the country hasn't gotten it.

Handsprime
17th July 2015, 10:28 PM
Hasbro Australia is having supply issues getting stock to retailers because they moved to a new warehouse so there's no guarantee Big W or any other retailer will get stock in a timely manner. Right now they seem to be trickling out CW Deluxe Wave 3 but it's in such short supply this end of the country hasn't gotten it.

What amazes me is the fact they are trickling out CW Deluxe wave 3 much better than wave 2, but no sign of any voyagers/leaders other than wave 1, and wave 3 legends are now getting released at Big W, but no wave 2 toys even though they were sighted once, then disappeared to never be seen again.

Megatran
17th July 2015, 11:32 PM
* light bulb moment*
RID Warrior Optimus Prime (deluxe size)
RID Optimus Prime (legends size)
:)

ampoldj
19th July 2015, 05:18 PM
Does this sale includes Amiibo? I just need Megaman

djanscak
19th July 2015, 07:07 PM
Word around the campfire is that if you put anything on layby during Big W's Total Domination sale, Big W will retrospectively apply the current sale's 20% discount (off normal price) to your layby if you bring your receipt in this week. Not sure if they'll apply it to items that are rare as hen's teeth like Devastator but it's worth a shot.

Omega Metro
19th July 2015, 07:29 PM
Word around the campfire is that if you put anything on layby during Big W's Total Domination sale, Big W will retrospectively apply the current sale's 20% discount (off normal price) to your layby if you bring your receipt in this week. Not sure if they'll apply it to items that are rare as hen's teeth like Devastator but it's worth a shot.

I've heard this too. Can't wait to line up at the layby and try to explain that to them whilst showing my 2 layby receipts and being looked at like I'm an idiot. I guarantee it won't work for me.:(

griffin
20th July 2015, 02:21 AM
So is this actually happening today? I haven't seen anything on the website or on the catalogue they have on the website.

ispayks
20th July 2015, 02:29 AM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3790/19644683699_7d0a736726_z.jpg

Megatran
20th July 2015, 07:50 AM
It' as if they are trying to keep the Sale low key.

Handsprime
20th July 2015, 08:18 AM
And now to play the "Find the Legends" game.
Don't know which Big W's are known to have it so I'm gonna have to be lucky today (though I am extremely annoyed that everywhere I go, they only have wave 1 legends, voyagers and leaders, but waves 1-3 deluxes, if I'm lucky)

Megatran
20th July 2015, 09:32 AM
It's now showing up on their website. Some exclusions apply.

http://www.bigw.com.au/

griffin
20th July 2015, 01:45 PM
It' as if they are trying to keep the Sale low key.

Myer do. I usually don't get their 10% off voucher email showing up until 6pm on the first of the three days it is valid.

I looked on the BigW site in the early hours of this morning because I would have thought they would have been promoting it heavily for a while, just to upstage the Target sale that starts in two days time.

Now I can tweet it out to the Ozformers Twitter with confidence. :)

UltraMarginal
20th July 2015, 02:36 PM
I don't see the point of any sale/discount if you're not going to advertise it proudly?

Megatran
20th July 2015, 02:40 PM
CW Devastator (if you can find one in store). $158.40.

http://www.bigw.com.au/product/transformers-combiner-wars-devastator/p/WCC100000000209919/

UltraMarginal
20th July 2015, 03:16 PM
That's a pretty sweet price if you can find one.

jazzcomp
20th July 2015, 04:05 PM
How accurate is BigW's online check? When you call BigW branches, someone who has no idea what Devastator is on the other end. :confused:

Demonac
20th July 2015, 04:07 PM
How accurate is BigW's online check? When you call BigW branches, someone who has no idea what Devastator is on the other end. :confused:

So I'm not the only one with this issue.

OZtimus
20th July 2015, 04:40 PM
I actually drove to winston hills which supposedly has a low stock of devis acording to online search of big w. They had nothing on floor and I even asked staff but response was sold out.

jazzcomp
20th July 2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks for confirming no stock for me. :) Saved time and petrol.

DarkHyren
20th July 2015, 07:37 PM
I actually drove to winston hills which supposedly has a low stock of devis acording to online search of big w. They had nothing on floor and I even asked staff but response was sold out.Following up on this I asked around, the staff in the know tell me their website doesn't work properly and lists a lot of incorrect information.
I checked all 4 stores near me that the website claimed had Devastator, not a one to be seen by me or the staff.
I'll say unless someone sees a Devastator they are all sold out, at least in Sydney metro area (store staff second this opinion).

kovert
20th July 2015, 08:05 PM
Combiner Wars Devastator at Big W Taigum QLD. Saw one on the top shelf in the Lego section at front of store.

DELTAprime
21st July 2015, 01:33 PM
I suggest you call the store and get them to check the stock on hand of him before making the trip. A search for *TFM GEN* will come right up with him.

^As I wrote last week call the store and get them to search for *TFM GEN* in the computer and check the stock on hand of Devastator. That will give the current number of Devastator's they have in the store.

drifand
21st July 2015, 03:16 PM
Technically low stock = no stock
No stock = thanks for looking

i_amtrunks
21st July 2015, 08:49 PM
Wow, went to Plumpton and the place was a mess, they have not added any stock from after the sale and neither have they tidied, swept or even attempted to remove broken boxes and products from the shelves.

Very disappointing.

frozensage
22nd July 2015, 02:42 PM
Can never find any worthwhile transfomers at bigw.... the one at qv is a joke. Where are all the wave 1 2 or 3 cw?

OZtimus
22nd July 2015, 03:06 PM
Big w must have taken down Devi from the website.
When you do a search in Google Big w Devastator the index page shows the product but when you click the Big W product link you get a 404 page not found.
Could mean they are updating or removing it off the page. :confused:

Megatran
25th July 2015, 08:35 PM
I've visited several stores this week & none have stocked a single RID Optimus Prime (Legion class).
Highpoint
Watergardens
Sunshine
Mid Valley (Morwell)

Keidatron
26th July 2015, 05:39 PM
I've found Big W in general for the last year or two have had really poor TF levels.

drifand
27th July 2015, 02:56 PM
On the brighter side there are some on the ball sales people who did the right thing and called when they had a devy available for me.

On one hand I think the sale could be better handed. On another they are quite short staffed to deal with a lot of request and laybys.

I mean the fitting room was basically their answering service area.

It was a toss up to wait for one or buy the takara.

DELTAprime
28th July 2015, 10:06 PM
I mean the fitting room was basically their answering service area.

I don't know if every store is the same as mine but the fitting rooms answers and redirects all calls. It seemed odd when I started but now it makes as much sense as one of my previous jobs having the cash office answer all calls.:p