PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bay's place get's burgled.

griffin
14th September 2008, 12:36 PM
And for some 'not so news' on the movie...
Or, how some pathetic person who probably thinks they are a fan, could taint Bay's impression of the whole fandom, by burglarising his place in New Mexico.

The article below doesn't seem to take the situation seriously, but you get the idea of what has happened:

Michael Bay Burglarized -- No Special FX Involved
Posted Sep 12th 2008 5:23PM by TMZ Staff
Coming soon to a pawn shop near you ... Michael Bay's stuff.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ director Michael Bay was the victim of a home break-in at his apartment in New Mexico last night. He's staying down there while filming "Transformers 2." If surveillance video of the crime exists, it's probably grossly over-directed, but will take in $100 mil at the box office anyway.
Authorities wouldn't confirm what was taken, but we can only hope it was every copy of the movie "Pearl Harbor."
No one has been arrested yet, but authorities are looking for "persons of interest."
http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/12/michael-bay-burglarized-no-special-fx-involved/

Similar to the events during the production of the first movie, which had his own computer hacked, some desperate people (or just unrelated coincedental crime) appear to have targetted the director to find stuff of value or interest relating to TF2. That is still just speculation at this stage, but if info or items start appearing on the net from non-movie sources that reveal spoilers to the movie, we'll know for sure the motivation of the criminal.

Pretty sad when you think about it. No matter how hyped or big the movie may be, why can't people just wait patiently for its release and just enjoy the darn thing (as much as possible).
Every time you see a movie after the first time, you know what is going to happen, so why spoil the ONE chance you get to actually watch the movie with suspense and intrigue to find out what happens and be surprised? It's never going to be as exciting as that first time, and as much as I may know about characters and basic plot info, I limit my exposure to spoilers to make sure I can at least see the movie ONCE without knowing what is going to happen next. I recommend that to others, because even if you are disappointed with the end result, at least you gave it a chance, so that the surprises offset the prejudice a little.

Pulse
14th September 2008, 01:17 PM
There may be alot of Bay haters out there but imagine if someone broke into your place or hacked into your computer, You wouldn't feel as safe anymore. By these events occuring, It makes you feel as though some fanboys have really overstepped the mark...

G1Optimal
14th September 2008, 02:02 PM
Man, That sucks....:eek:

I am hoping nothing of personal value was taken or destroyed.:(

Robzy
14th September 2008, 02:08 PM
Not a Bay fan, but this is a despicable act! :mad:

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2008, 04:06 PM
I've been a victim of burglarly - as many of you know I was burgled thrice in 2005 with a few of my Transformers stolen and damaged (not to mention a lot of other non-TF related stuff like my entire DVD collection). Being robbed totally sucks and you get this awful feeling of violation.

If Hell exists, I hope it has a special spot in it for thieves where they're repeatedly kicked in the janglies by demonic footballers with steel-capped spiked boots for the rest of eternity.

liegeprime
14th September 2008, 04:22 PM
Gok there would be I guess a place in the seven pits of Hell for such as "Stealing" is in one of the major mortal offences - (well for Xtian religion, is all I can say for - One of the 10 commandments: Thou Shalt not Steal! .... hmmm you and your janglies obsession:p:p

And on topic... such despicable, atrocious act. These amoral people should be caught and indeed pay dearly. No one deserves to be a victim ever...