PDA

View Full Version : KO alert - BAPE Masterpiece Convoy

griffin
27th July 2015, 02:56 AM
I don't know how long it's been out for, but I just saw on ebay tonight a number of "cheap" BAPE MP Convoys, and some were saying that they were Knock Offs.
Some had the packaging pictured, and both box and toy look like the BAPE toy (I don't have one, so there could be something obvious to spot the fake).

Prices were $120-150, which is still very expensive for the MP-10 mould, but it was suspiciously cheap for the BAPE MP-10 toy, which is demanding $800-1000.

Trent
27th July 2015, 07:46 AM
Been out for a while. There is also a white version, EVA version and if it's not out already, there will be a shattered glass version too.

CoRDS
27th July 2015, 09:56 AM
dead giveaway is the autobot faction logo on the shoulder. the genuine does NOT have this

millhouse
27th July 2015, 11:19 AM
dead giveaway is the autobot faction logo on the shoulder. the genuine does NOT have this

This would be due to the fact that the MP-10 mould has a sculpted faction symbol and the MP-10B mould (which legitimate MP-10 Ape uses) has no such sculpting, being a Decepticon.

CoRDS
27th July 2015, 12:32 PM
This would be due to the fact that the MP-10 mould has a sculpted faction symbol and the MP-10B mould (which legitimate MP-10 Ape uses) has no such sculpting, being a Decepticon.

indeed

this also follows on to the box art, so you can tell without having to open the box if its a KO or legit you know apart from the price :)

griffin
27th July 2015, 01:56 PM
It is good that there is something obvious, but an original one is not in my price range to even consider looking. :(

The thing that amazed me is how the KO is still so expensive that it would be making the KO people a lot of money.

CoRDS
27th July 2015, 02:24 PM
It is good that there is something obvious, but an original one is not in my price range to even consider looking. :(

The thing that amazed me is how the KO is still so expensive that it would be making the KO people a lot of money.

the price of these KO's is high but the quality of them is also quite high, they are extremely close to the quality of the official product.

in some ways the figure is actually better, for the mp10 mold they removed the visable screw behind the transparent plastic on his crotch, added more paint apps to the arms and legs and backs, also the wipers move
but there are places where they are much lower quality than the official.

the arm joints are not as solid/tight , the plastic "feels" different,.

they do weigh the exact same as the genuine as well.
pitty this company cant/doesnt make toys of their own design because they have done well copying takaras design and even improved upon it.

side by side you would barely be able to notice the difference unless you knew what you were looking for . but in hand its very very easy to tell which one is which