PDA

View Full Version : Universe cybertron set

MV75
15th September 2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/cybertron-optimus-prime-and-others-to-be-reissued-in-universe-five-pack-165791/

At least they're not repainted and are original cybertron colours, but some of them arn't that great either. Longrack is good to me, it's actually got diecast parts.

Backup link:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l186/mv75/5pack.jpg

STL
15th September 2008, 12:20 PM
http://www.wiiwii.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/forehead-slap.jpg

Soundwarp
15th September 2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.wiiwii.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/forehead-slap.jpg

The darn board is down as per usual!

MV75
15th September 2008, 01:24 PM
Yea, I can't find the picture in my cache, so will have to wait.

It had in it: (Big 5 pack box set)

Buzzsaw
Prime (armada deluxe)
Runamuck
Blurr
Longrack

All are in their cybertron colours, so no different there.

The set was called something like "Battle for the cyber keys".

iceburn
15th September 2008, 01:34 PM
pics pics... *hehe*

Paulbot
15th September 2008, 01:46 PM
A five pack of Deluxes would be a pricey item but I think I'd prefer to see some of the original Cybertron deluxes toys re-released over Armada retools from the Cybertron line.

Maybe this is just more returned/left over stock? Particularly if they are the same colours.

MV75
15th September 2008, 01:55 PM
Yea, it's pretty funny how it's a "reissue of reissues". :)

I too would have preferred to have seen the more "one off" toys such as unicron and thunderblast, etc.

Gutsman Heavy
15th September 2008, 02:11 PM
I'll grab one

STL
15th September 2008, 02:12 PM
To me, this gives more and more credence to the view that Hasbro is simply repackaging returned items and then repackaging them. I was very cynical of that view at first but there's less and less doubt now that that's the case. I mean, I don't imagine Hasbro for a single moment sitting down and canvassing the proposition that Longrack, Buzzaw and Runamuck are such fan favourites that it necessitates a new production run.

Universe looks to be at this point a strategic move on two fronts: a.) to move old/returned stock and b.) new realistic figures. And I think that the dividing line is becoming clearer between the two distinct thrusts of Universe.

King Atlas
15th September 2008, 07:14 PM
Anyone have any pics? The site seems to be down or my browser is not working......Ive seen them as individuals already, but as a box set seems interesting

i_amtrunks
15th September 2008, 07:31 PM
It's basically a re-issue of the 5 Armada bots that were repainted in the Cybertron line.

Good for those who missed the better figures in their original and Cybertron release (Prime, Longrack, Blurr) but the awful repaint of Cyclonus and the Runamuck repaint are horrendous figures.

After the Crumplezone pack, I can't help but shake the feeling that Hasbro just brought back the Universe line to flog off excess stock from the past few years.

I'm just waiting for Universe Supreme Starscream and then in a few years time, I'm sure we'll be seeing Universe Animated Voyager Megatron and Universe Movie Leader Brawl...

King Atlas
15th September 2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I dont own any of the moulds, and the three "good" repaints you mentioned are the ones I would like to have most. Especially Longrack, imo just a totally unexpected tribute to one my favourite beasties.

SilverDragon
15th September 2008, 08:43 PM
I was hoping that they were releasing Beast Wars Neo Longrack, but then I read further.

Dammit, Hasbro.

dirge
15th September 2008, 08:55 PM
To be fair, I'm not sure that Hasbro have put the Longrack mould through the QC paces. Or if TakaraTomy still have the mould.

Longrack is not hard to find or especially expensive on eBay, SilverDragon. You should be able to find one for about $50 shipped. Which is pretty decent for a decade old mega-sized toy, especially an exclusive one which has never been repainted or reissued (:

roller
15th September 2008, 09:49 PM
sooooooooooo its not Cybetron Blurrs mould?

MV75
15th September 2008, 10:05 PM
Err, yes it is Roller.

Best I can do for now is the thumbnail pic here:

http://www.allspark.com/content/view/3409/20/

From the left: Buzzsaw & longrack in vehicle mode, prime just floating there in robot mode, and runamuck and blurr having a chin wag.

iceburn
15th September 2008, 10:42 PM
seems like it's worth buying since Buzzsaw has been a pretty "difficult" deluxe to get in the Cybertron Series.

packing wise...it looks pretty weird having those 5 figures in one.
here's a pic that i've outsourced to my own imageshack

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/585/universe5packmb6.th.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=universe5packmb6.jpg)

MV75
15th September 2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks Ice, it seems to be back up now, and if anyone else like me always has issues with the crapshack, (imageshack) here's a link to my photobucket:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l186/mv75/5pack.jpg

EDIT: Buzzsaw difficult? I had no problems with seeing that figure everywhere back in the day. Just a shame I couldn't help you on that one then. :( Ah well.

But yea, if you really need these, then this would be the pack to get to fill up your cybertron line as these really are exactly as they were in the cybertron line.

iceburn
15th September 2008, 10:54 PM
yeah...it was kind of difficult when i tried to complete mine
in the end, i've to buy a lot of 24 deluxes that includes 2 buzzsaw.
that's how i got mine and the Series is now complete

1orion2many
15th September 2008, 10:54 PM
:)I knew there was a reason I didn't buy 3 of those 5 moulds before in the Cybertron line, I may actually get this box set.

Stompy
15th September 2008, 11:42 PM
That's gonna be one big box. Looks to be even bigger than the Movie Prime, Arcee and Starscream pack. Look at all that box space at the bottom! Gotta see what pricepoint this will be at. $100?

Pulse
16th September 2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks for that back-up link MV75 :) (TFW seemed to be down all day :()

Honestly, the Minicon 12-pack has more appeal than this by far... :rolleyes:

MV75
16th September 2008, 09:39 AM
Let's not get too hasty there Pulse. I'd rather buy this one than the minicon pack. This one has a couple of good ones in it, the minicons have nothing good. :D

i_amtrunks
16th September 2008, 10:36 AM
Longrack is not hard to find or especially expensive on eBay, SilverDragon. You should be able to find one for about $50 shipped. Which is pretty decent for a decade old mega-sized toy, especially an exclusive one which has never been repainted or reissued (:

Have to agree here SD, BW Longrack is not terribly difficult to get a hold of and relatively inexpensive (mine was AU$35), and when you package him in with other Japanese BW figures like Lio Convoy, Stampy and Magmatron, the shipping per figure makes the whole deal pretty damn good.

Golden Phoenix
16th September 2008, 11:38 AM
GAH!
They were deluxes I didn't want during the Cybertron line, and with the exception of Prime, they are deluxes I don't want during the Universe 2.0 line either.
I would have loved it if Prime came on his own, he is the only one I want from that pack. >.<

Gutsman Heavy
16th September 2008, 12:15 PM
Hmm they have re-painted Prime from his cybertron release, that's good because that was the weak-link in this set for me, but no longer, bring it on!

kup
16th September 2008, 12:17 PM
It's good for people who collects Cybertron figures and missed out on these otherwise it's a bit on the lame side and surely to be overpriced by whatever store gets it.

JuzMel
16th September 2008, 12:26 PM
Hmmm Buzzsaw doesn't seem like a figure that's hard to find, they still have it at RK: a Buzzsaw VS Blurr 2-pack for $29.90. Have 3 out of 5 of the figures. Not a fan of Armada prime and don't have Longrack, but it probably won't work for me to get it just for Longrack.

Really looks like a funny packaging thoughm the figures aren't related at all. :\

Pulse
16th September 2008, 01:38 PM
Let's not get too hasty there Pulse. I'd rather buy this one than the minicon pack. This one has a couple of good ones in it, the minicons have nothing good. :D

Mate, I won't be acquiring either :p (The only minicons I like are translucent ones while I've already got all the Cyb figures I'll ever want :))

Paulbot
16th September 2008, 01:52 PM
Is this the Armada Prime repaint we saw at the same time as those repainted Universe helicopter limbs?

Pure speculation... but maybe there will be another Energon gestalt sold in box of five in Universe?

Soundwarp
16th September 2008, 01:55 PM
Let it go......

New moulds please!

MV75
16th September 2008, 04:31 PM
Mate, I won't be acquiring either :p (The only minicons I like are translucent ones while I've already got all the Cyb figures I'll ever want :))

Me neither. ;)

Is this the Armada Prime repaint we saw at the same time as those repainted Universe helicopter limbs?

Pure speculation... but maybe there will be another Energon gestalt sold in box of five in Universe?

How about that then, the prime is different:

http://www.tfu.info/2006/Autobot/DlxOptimusPrime/optimusprime.htm

Thanatos
16th September 2008, 04:57 PM
Longrack is a good toy, but I don't own the others. At the right price this could be worthwhile... otherwise... repackaged leftovers? I think not.

SilverDragon
17th September 2008, 04:11 PM
That's gonna be one big box. Looks to be even bigger than the Movie Prime, Arcee and Starscream pack. Look at all that box space at the bottom! Gotta see what pricepoint this will be at. $100?

Obligatory internet meme: It'll be over $9000.