PDA

View Full Version : X-Transbots MX-V Dante (MP Inferno)

leej84
16th August 2015, 06:55 AM
Not to be outdone by maketoys, X-Transbots are also making an mp Inferno.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/27535039d1439663614-x-transbots-mx-v-dante-inferno-11865209_10204620960541099_2072767403_o.jpg

Trent
16th August 2015, 07:50 AM
After transforming and playing with Cupola and Apollyon, I can't imagine why anyone would pick XTB over MakeToys.

This is too little too late unfortunately.

Tober
16th August 2015, 01:11 PM
XTB tends to look great. but the build quality and engineering are lacking. Make Toys I feel is a bit the other way around. :o

Sinnertwin
16th August 2015, 01:26 PM
it's amazing... Almost like all of the third party companies have a universal list of what figures should be made next.
What are the odds... Two different companies making the same figures?

Akky82
16th August 2015, 01:53 PM
it's amazing... Almost like all of the third party companies have a universal list of what figures should be made next.
What are the odds... Two different companies making the same figures?

Yeah you'd think so... 3 insecticons, 2 ironhide/ratchet, 2 galvatron, 2 (or is it 3) hound, 2 sunstreaker, 2 inferno... Surprised there's no trailbreaker/hoist, or kup yet.

This looks good but I'm looking forward to maketoys more, I've seen the prototype and like it, and agree withthe quality comments. Apollyon looks great but playing around with him made me end up just posing him on the shelf and leave him be.

AJ_Prime
16th August 2015, 06:07 PM
Looking forward to the video reviews of this one to see what it's like.

Lord_Zed
16th August 2015, 08:09 PM
Based on my experience of previous X-Transbots toys, I'd expect them to be outdone by Maketoys.

UltimateGalvatron
17th August 2015, 07:41 AM
So what is the general consensus? XTB or MakeToys?

Lord_Zed
17th August 2015, 06:33 PM
It's way to soon to tell, and even then there, will probably never be consensus, we are nerds posting about toys.

Personal experience is I like my Maketoys toys more than my XTB ones.

UltimateGalvatron
17th August 2015, 06:45 PM
That's not what I meant :o I meant in general have people been happier with MakeToys figures or X Transbots?

Akky82
17th August 2015, 06:59 PM
That's not what I meant :o I meant in general have people been happier with MakeToys figures or X Transbots?

For me, I've never pwned anything maketoys, but i've handled quantron and the not-hook from giant and was happy with it. I have xtb stax and as a first figure i can be a bit lenient with its shortcomings, apollyon was a huge step up but in my opinion I'd still go maketoys, though I'm sure part of it is apollyon's transformation engineering, it looks great indeed, but it's the in hand feeling MT is still got it for me.

Also noticed the updated pics of maketoys offering (and their not-grapple) havent been posted, if i can remember my flickr password i might post them in the hellfire thread. Would like toy accurate head for not-grapple but I'm easy with the toon accurate as I'd most likely have hellfire in robot, not-grapple in vehicle. Both look smashing and have my full attention based on my opinions above.

spiderken17
17th August 2015, 08:55 PM
To me, Maketoys is athe winner, they have one of the highest quality standards of the third party toys I own.

Lord_Zed
17th August 2015, 11:43 PM

In that case I'd say Maketoys by a country mile, I have toys from both companies and have no real issues with any of the Maketoys stuff. XTB really do try hard, but their toys still have unfortunate QC issues.

Jenko21
5th April 2016, 02:48 PM
Good job I found this thread lol!

I'll be looking for hellfire and wrestle once my pre orders are all accounted for

Burrakooka
5th April 2016, 03:07 PM
Before you make the leap it's worth checking out MMC's Ox Perfection version of Inferno aswell, Backdraft. In case it's more to your liking than the others.

spiderken17
5th April 2016, 07:38 PM
I just don't get why all these 3rd party companies step on each others toes by releasing the same character around the same time?

Jenko21
5th April 2016, 09:17 PM
Before you make the leap it's worth checking out MMC's Ox Perfection version of Inferno aswell, Backdraft. In case it's more to your liking than the others.

Cheers for the heads up Burra, I'll check it out

micfox001
8th April 2016, 04:58 PM
This character would be issued in MP series for sure..

micfox001
8th April 2016, 10:44 PM
To me, Maketoys is athe winner, they have one of the highest quality standards of the third party toys I own.

what about fanstoys?

Maketoys is good at the transformation design. But it is not that cartoon accurate..

ZoonMaster5000
9th April 2016, 01:02 AM
what about fanstoys?

Maketoys is good at the transformation design. But it is not that cartoon accurate..

I did not know fanstoys were doing a grapple and inferno?

spiderken17
9th April 2016, 01:25 PM
what about fanstoys?

I have heard that Fanstoys is good but I do not own any hence cannot comment on their quality.

Burrakooka
9th April 2016, 04:12 PM
what about fanstoys?

There isn't a Fanstoys version (yet?). As far as I've seen, there are only three MP sized not-Infernos in the works or released at the moment.

X-Transbots Dante
Maketoys Hellfire
(MMC) Ocular Max Perfection Series Backdraft

X-Transbots will likely be the closest to cartoon accurate looks-wise, but will probably also be the largest. I think they're making it larger in alt-mode to look better with MP-10 which makes bot mode almost MP-10 height. So if you have a bot height preference that might be a problem. Also, like all KFC/XTB products, it would seem you have a higher chance of ending up with significant problems QC-wise. It's a ways off.

Maketoys is out, hear nothing but good things about them. They seem to have their own aesthetic style that isn't so toon-based.

MMC Ocular Max is out next month I think, aesthetically based on Studio Ox art style so it might skew a bit from toon accurate. Their not-Mirage is great.

Fanstoys are pretty consistently great. I'd be up for their Inferno if there was one, but I'm going with MMC for now. XTB would have to significantly up their game for me to buy anything else from them.