PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 CD Key

Jinto
24th August 2015, 09:57 PM
Hi guys.

Does anyone have a legitimate Windows 7 or 8 CD key they can PM me? One from a copy they won't need any more?

I want to upgrade to Windows 10 but I seem to have thrown out my old Windows installation discs. I can't get another genuine key I'll have to buy Windows 10 off the shelf.

Just thought I'd put the word out.

Thanks!

lancalot
24th August 2015, 11:59 PM
i don't think you even need a genuine key to upgrade to windows 10....
i remember reading that somewhere ...

DarkHyren
25th August 2015, 02:01 AM
i don't think you even need a genuine key to upgrade to windows 10....
i remember reading that somewhere ...I read something similar, however it also said that if you use a pirate copy to upgrade to Windows 10 you will have to pay to use it after one year

VGMStudios
25th August 2015, 04:24 AM
I read something similar, however it also said that if you use a pirate copy to upgrade to Windows 10 you will have to pay to use it after one year

Does it really day that? Cause from what I remember, maybe I'm wrong, they said even if you have a cracked copy Win10 will be free for a year. If you upgrade after the free year then you have to pay.

What version of Win are you looking for?

DarkHyren
25th August 2015, 04:43 AM
I think this answers most questions: http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-planning-attractive-windows-10-upgrade-offers-to-grab-pirates/

Anyway Jinto's looking for a Windows 7 or 8 key, 64bit version I assume (because why not)

Jinto
25th August 2015, 07:33 AM
Yeah preferably 64bit. I was reading up on it, it seems that if you have a pirate copy you can upgrade, but then it locks you out after a period of time.