PDA

View Full Version : Animated Ratchet in Sydney (was Animated Magnuses In Sydney With Working Heads)

Sky Shadow
16th September 2008, 10:05 PM
Hey all,

I have an Animated Ultra Magnus which I bought from my local Myer (he was the last one there.) His electronics work, but his head doesn't move when he talks – I assume it's supposed to (unless this is something that's triggered when he's removed from the box and you pull a tab... or something.) If he is in fact faulty, then do any Sydneysiders know of Magnuses with working heads at local Myers that I can exchange mine for (and if so, where)?

Thank you!

kurdt_the_goat
16th September 2008, 10:45 PM
Just in case, i thought i'd mention that my UM has a bit of a stiff mouth movement when slightly touching the button (sounds activate still), but if you push the button right in, no problems with mouth movement. You sure you're pushing all the way? Sorry to state the obvious!

griffin
17th September 2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah, that was something the three of us at the Saturday meet worked out. You can activate the phrases with a slight pressing of the chest panel, but you need to push it all the way in to move the head. And the head only moves as you push the chest in, it doesn't keep moving while it talks (like Supreme Optimus). If the head still doesn't move when pressing in the chest panel all the way in, then you probably have a faulty one.

Sky Shadow
17th September 2008, 10:52 AM
Just in case, i thought i'd mention that my UM has a bit of a stiff mouth movement when slightly touching the button (sounds activate still), but if you push the button right in, no problems with mouth movement. You sure you're pushing all the way? Sorry to state the obvious!

Yeah, that was something the three of us at the Saturday meet worked out. You can activate the phrases with a slight pressing of the chest panel, but you need to push it all the way in to move the head. And the head only moves as you push the chest in, it doesn't keep moving while it talks (like Supreme Optimus). If the head still doesn't move when pressing in the chest panel all the way in, then you probably have a faulty one.

Ah - thank you both, that's awesome to know and saves me a trip and an embarrassing exchange. (Kurdt - you may have been stating the obvious, but it seems that the obvious eluded me.) So is it the same with Bulkhead and Megatron? In the Animated sightings section, Jaydisc said he'd tested ten Bulkheads and only found two that moved their mouths. (That's why I thought my Magnus might be faulty.)

griffin
17th September 2008, 01:35 PM
It's always good to test them out if possible before buying. As for Bulkhead and Megatron, they don't appear to need as much pushing of their chest allegience symbol - so if the head doesn't move even a little bit, I think it is faulty. And I don't think there is any allignment issue either, because the head and chest sections don't move in the transformation (both have their heads covered in vehicle mode). As such, I wouldn't risk buying one in the hope that you could fix its mechanism.

kurdt_the_goat
17th September 2008, 03:00 PM
My Bulkhead exhibits a weird behaviour.. normally the mouth doesn't respond so much from a push, but if I offset the mouth a tiny bit manually, and then push, it opens the full amount! I thought it might be getting caught on a tiny bit of plastic... i shaved a bit off but it didn't do much and i didn't want to ruin the sculpt, so i left it.

Sky Shadow
18th September 2008, 10:51 PM
Yes, the thread is entitled 'Animated Magnuses In Sydney With Working Heads', but it turned out that - unbenownst to me - I already had one of those. So... just so the thread doesn't go to waste, I would like to find an Animated Ratchet if possible (preferably not the $40 I've found at my local Myer.)

Any ideas, please?

Pulse
19th September 2008, 12:03 AM
Yes, the thread is entitled 'Animated Magnuses In Sydney With Working Heads', but it turned out that - unbenownst to me - I already had one of those. So... just so the thread doesn't go to waste, I would like to find an Animated Ratchet if possible (preferably not the $40 I've found at my local Myer.)

Any ideas, please?

If my memory serves me correctly, I've seen him in Kmarts & Targets... :)

liegeprime
19th September 2008, 06:52 AM
If my memory serves me correctly, I've seen him in Kmarts & Targets... :)

And with the ongoing sale at Kmart it'll cost less 20% than the $26 that they regularly priced at:D