PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Kmart Laybuy policy change

Jaxius._
11th September 2015, 07:20 PM
I do not know when it changed but kmart changed their laybuy policy. If a laybuy goes without payment for some time (I don't know how long) they cancel it and keep the money.

I found this out today when I hadn't paid off a laybuy of a couple of hundred dollars for a month or 2 and I came in to finish the payments and they said that they took the money and cancelled the laybuy.

It is only a recent change I presume as it has not happened before but yeah if you have a laybuy on pay it off so you don't lose money.

I am going to the store manager later on. It sucks because I had wave 2 of CW in that laybuy :(

Also apologies if this is already known of or not news

UltraMarginal
11th September 2015, 08:14 PM
that's important knowledge to share thank you.

Deonasis
11th September 2015, 08:48 PM
See the manager. I don't know about laybuy but the kept money and no goods sounds like bs to me.

CHILENO20
11th September 2015, 09:01 PM
check with the ACCC

ZoonMaster5000
11th September 2015, 09:01 PM
How often are you suppose to make payments? I have my sons wave 3 deluxe Cw on lay-by

Sinnertwin
11th September 2015, 09:04 PM
I'll have ask my admin manager tomorrow and confirm

To the best of my knowledge, there is a $10-$11 non payment/cancellation fee that is kept and the amount that is/was/has been paid on the lay-by refunded.
As an example, if you have only paid $10 on your lay-by, then the above mentioned fee would mean you would get nothing back

Jaxius._
11th September 2015, 09:16 PM
I was told they keep $11 previously I am unsure what is happening now but I will see the manager on sunday or later, as soon as I find the paperwork

Sinnertwin
11th September 2015, 09:20 PM
How often are you suppose to make payments? I have my sons wave 3 deluxe Cw on lay-by

the recommended payment and finalisation dates should be on your original receipt

I was told they keep $11 previously I am unsure what is happening now but I will see the manager on sunday or later, as soon as I find the paperwork

they'll still have all of your lay-by activities on file in case you can't find it -they're kept in store for 12 months

Sinnertwin
12th September 2015, 09:50 AM
Just double checked

- There's a non refundable $3 service fee if you decide to cancel your lay by. All payments made, minus the $3 will be returned to the customer.

- The $11 cancellation fee (inclusive of the abovementioned $3 fee) refers to layby's that are cancelled at a store level due to non completion of layby's within the agreed period. Any difference after the $11 has been deducted will be refunfed to the customer.

Based on what has been said previously, I can only assume that the initial payment that you have made was not sufficient enough to warrant a refund, after the layby had been cancelled and the $11 fee charged at store level.

Let us know how you go.

Mythirax
13th September 2015, 07:19 PM
I run Kmart layby during the day a lot. Regardless of what you've put on, the moment you go over around 2 months with or without a payment. Your layby will be canceled, put back on shelf and you'll lose a maximum of $11 dollars. You agree to it when you put the layby on, sadly nothing you can really do about it :(