PDA

View Full Version : 'Bumblejumper' has been KOed

autobreadticon
13th September 2015, 07:07 PM
Bumblejumper has been KOed on Cliffjumper card similar too how the vintage original toy appeared.

One of the easiest way to identfiy if it is a fake is the peg hole on card is centred and the toy has a rubsign sticker (should have a autobot 'pre rub' sticker).

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/603/20733966663_71af9f72b1_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5620/21344319622_f7881bbc53_b.jpg

want too get my hands on one for the right price, currently $100 USD on eBay

drifand
13th September 2015, 07:40 PM
$100 USD? Come one.......we could get mp starscream for that!

Handsprime
13th September 2015, 07:54 PM
Did the original bumblejumper have a crappy autobot logo in the middle?

Also how do people get away with stuff like this? I actually wanna know

theshape
13th September 2015, 09:00 PM
Wow I bet the first few people to buy them are going to be upset

autobreadticon
13th September 2015, 09:14 PM
Wow I bet the first few people to buy them are going to be upset

minibot collectors are crazy people, one person has already brought one and judging by the feedback number its one of the hardcore minibot collectors, mah rival :D.

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2015, 10:35 PM
Did the original bumblejumper have a crappy autobot logo in the middle?
Yes, but it's a foil sticker, not a rub sign. Bumblejumper was part of the first wave of Transformers that pre-dated the rub stickers, so at least the rub sign should be a give away that it's fake.
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/c/c4/G1Bumper_toy.jpg

Also how do people get away with stuff like this? I actually wanna know
Several reasons...
1/ The counterfeiters are located outside of the US or Japan, and thus outside of US or Japanese legal jurisdiction. It would be up to Hasbro's branch in that particular country (e.g. China) to pursue action, however...
2/ The counterfeiters are located in a country where the local authorities don't really give a crap about enforcing intellectual property laws.

China is rife with counterfeits and knock offs. It's actually really hard to find legit toys in China. :mad: And finding a place that sells legit TFs is like finding an oasis in the middle of a desert! :eek: Japan is the complete opposite of this though; it's full of legit toys and finding anything unlicensed is extremely rare. So rare that some Japanese collectors actually collect fakes, just for the rarity! :eek: And I don't just mean high end counterfeits like this, I also mean the cheap and tacky looking fakes you'd find at dollar stores! That's how rare anything unlicensed is in Japan. They're pretty good with enforcing intellectual property laws, and possibly due to a cultural difference as the Japanese are a lot bigger on legal compliance. It's why they can have alcohol in vending machines. Japan's an example of the cool stuff that a society can enjoy because most people don't abuse their privileges. :o

griffin
13th September 2015, 11:40 PM
With the acceptance of not-transformers now, I have seen that KOs are getting quite popular in the fandom as well. So there is a growing demand for them, and that's driving up the prices.

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2015, 12:20 AM
Hey autobreadticon, do you mind if I pass your images around to help raise awareness of this counterfeit (so that other collectors may beware)? Are these your images or did you get them from somewhere else? I'm just asking as I'd like to cite the original source. :)