PDA

View Full Version : Rid minicons

morg176
14th September 2015, 07:29 PM
I bought dragonus the other day. At $10 it was a little expensive, $5-8 would be better for what you are actually getter minus any quantifiable articulation. But they are still fun, and one of the better replacements for the cassettes.

We have 4 different humanoid characters, a dragon, a wolf, a bat?, a gorilla, a biped dino and a scorpion. Some designs better than others.

What other animals would you like to see. I would like to see a hammerhead or a squid : )

Also, it would be cool if maybe 2 combined into a larger robot ala grandslam.

Thoughts

UltimateGalvatron
14th September 2015, 07:47 PM
That Grandslam idea would be cool.

IMO the beast ones look the best, especially Velocirazor (the Dinosaur from Wave 2) and Ratbat (the bat from wave 2)

Where can I find them. Locally I only have a Big W and they don't have them.

morg176
14th September 2015, 10:46 PM
That Grandslam idea would be cool.

IMO the beast ones look the best, especially Velocirazor (the Dinosaur from Wave 2) and Ratbat (the bat from wave 2)

Where can I find them. Locally I only have a Big W and they don't have them.

I agree that the beast ones do look good. I remain unconvinced on velocirazor, but ratbat is a purchase.
These are fun little gimmick toys, I just hope there are plenty of them. Not just the 10 we have now. They can always introduce new shapes to continue the line. The cassettes were always my favourite concept. Maybe they could have a subline that is just these minicons. In usa, they are $5, I hope the price drops below $10 here if only so I can buy them without thinking ... hmmm

liegeprime
15th September 2015, 12:50 AM
Love em!!

I quite enjoy how they can come up with a lot of different creatures given the same shape in altmode - a Teardrop shape for the cons and Pachinko shape for the autos...the lack of articulation at first bothered me but I've learned to accept it. Love the accessories each figure comes with. Ive been trying to google the combined mode for all the accessories. I read somewhere that it does combine into another minicon of sorts...but can't find it again :(

Apparently Parramatta TRU has em out now (as per fatbot) right after I bought mine online coz I was not quite sure we'd ever get them, sigh:(. I have the first four in hand, the second 4, I had purchased for me by my friend overseas ( Philippines) as it has been out on local retail there for about 2 months now. So all secured for me but I'll be getting those by next year when I go for holidays...

As for creatures to come up with, hmmm a crab, a different dragon (for the Pachinko shape) a bear, a beetle of sorts, a spider, and a quadruped dino, wouldn't hurt for a pterosaur too..

Now some pics - my fave so far is Dragonus

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/2015%20Acquisitions/DSC07338_zps61u1tdkb.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/2015%20Acquisitions/DSC07338_zps61u1tdkb.jpg.html)

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/2015%20Acquisitions/DSC07340_zpsmhvbigrm.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/2015%20Acquisitions/DSC07340_zpsmhvbigrm.jpg.html)

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/2015%20Acquisitions/DSC07343_zps5b39zioi.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/2015%20Acquisitions/DSC07343_zps5b39zioi.jpg.html)

Firestorm
15th September 2015, 05:21 AM
I'm interested in these guys. And really want to like them.
But $10 just seems like way too much for what they are when I can spend $3 less and buy a far superior legion figure. (Which I have now started doing as impulse buys)

I've picked up Divebomb 3 times in the last week and every time I put him back on the shelf and didn't buy him because I can't bring myself to pay $10 for him.

If Kmart or one of the other stores besides toy world and toys r us start selling them at a cheaper price then I may start picking them up

Seeing pics of them though they do look kind of nice and are kind of tempting...

BigTransformerTrev
15th September 2015, 10:04 AM
I paid $12.50 each so $50 for the four :eek:

Sometimes it really sucks living in the bush :mad::rolleyes:

morg176
15th September 2015, 07:34 PM
I'm interested in these guys. And really want to like them.
But $10 just seems like way too much for what they are when I can spend $3 less and buy a far superior legion figure. (Which I have now started doing as impulse buys)

I've picked up Divebomb 3 times in the last week and every time I put him back on the shelf and didn't buy him because I can't bring myself to pay $10 for him.

If Kmart or one of the other stores besides toy world and toys r us start selling them at a cheaper price then I may start picking them up

Seeing pics of them though they do look kind of nice and are kind of tempting...

LP nice photos, thanks for your input, I like them more than anything else in the rid line

Firestorm, I agree with you, $10 is too much for each figure. Im not sure what price we might get them for at kmart or similar, but that combined with a sale has possibilities I suppose.
Fingers crossed.
This subline has huge collecting potential, could even become a full line in its own right.
Maybe....dreaming....dream slowly dying

Paulbot
15th September 2015, 08:15 PM
I haven't paid much attention to these, but Sawback has great box art and I like the idea of a dog Mini-Con

morg176
16th September 2015, 06:23 PM
Hey some of these would make decent inner robots for pretender shells :D

liegeprime
16th September 2015, 06:44 PM
Hey some of these would make decent inner robots for pretender shells :D

oooh that would be an awesome concept.... someone leak this idea to Hasbro Quick!!!!:D:D

I'd totally buy those! The pretender shells could have a launcher gimmick in them as well... sweet!

Player172
16th September 2015, 07:12 PM
Just awesome. Thanks for sharing.

morg176
23rd September 2015, 12:57 PM
Has anyone seen the minicons for less than $10 each?
And has anyone seen the wave 2 minicons anywhere, especially the illawarra :D

Paulbot
23rd September 2015, 08:53 PM
Sawback was $9 at Big W last weekend

morg176
29th September 2015, 03:54 PM
Just saw a post on some of the popular tf sites, that new minicons are coming!

This wave has

Swelter
Decepticon back
Decepticon hammer
Slipstream

Interesting to see what these guys are.
No pics available yet :D

liegeprime
30th September 2015, 02:53 PM
hmmm Slipstream I know, but the other three are a complete mystery.

Paulbot
1st October 2015, 08:02 AM

This wave has

Swelter
Decepticon back
Decepticon hammer
Slipstream

Some of the less popular TF sites had those details too (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=492268) :p

Firestorm
1st October 2015, 08:57 AM

This wave has

Swelter
Decepticon back
Decepticon hammer
Slipstream

I'm going to take a guess and say "back" and "hammer" may be placeholder names

morg176
5th October 2015, 06:12 PM
Target had wave 1 of the minicons for $10 a piece
Hope wave 2 will follow suit
:D

@ target shellharbour wave 1 minicons are on special for $8
I weakened and grabbed slipstream, consodering divebomb :D

morg176
25th October 2015, 09:05 PM
Its good to see a little information on the new minicons

Swelter
Kickback
Hammer
Slipstream
With the battle packs and the overload w/backtrack deployer (new ball type minicon) yay!

Kickback sounds interesting, we may have our first insecticon minicon

With what has been on offer from rid15, weak in my opinion, and takes forever for new figures to be released, I'd be happy to just collect the minicons as a separate line...

Firestorm
26th October 2015, 12:43 PM
Its good to see a little information on the new minicons

Swelter
Kickback
Hammer
Slipstream
With the battle packs and the overload w/backtrack deployer (new ball type minicon) yay!

Kickback sounds interesting, we may have our first insecticon minicon

With what has been on offer from rid15, weak in my opinion, and takes forever for new figures to be released, I'd be happy to just collect the minicons as a separate line...

It's strange that kickback is being released as a minicon since a full sized decepticon named kickback appeared in the show.
Other than that, good to see new mini-cons announced. I finally caved and started collecting them. And they're fun for what they are.
Will probably end up getting overload and backtrack as well. Wonder if kickback, hammer or swelter will be ball type mini-cons too.

morg176
10th November 2015, 05:05 PM
What do people think about the minicon update (app) and that thesevwill be the next minicons to roll out?

What elsecwould you like to see in a minicon

griffin
10th November 2015, 06:25 PM
The 2016 Minicons turning into other weapons (instead of just discs and torpedos) is basically copying the Japanese Arms Microns Microns, who would turn into various weapons for the bigger bots to use. And instead of having the Micron/Minicon being parts on a sprue, the Hasbro Minicons only have the armour parts on a sprue.

tinyJazz
10th November 2015, 06:27 PM
What do people think about the minicon update (app) and that thesevwill be the next minicons to roll out?

What elsecwould you like to see in a minicon

Yeah I just noticed that last night. Although I haven't played for months so I've forgotten all the mechanics.

I've only tried the chainsaw guy, and he's kinda useless haha. The designs are cute but some of the models look really rushed.

I guess this means we'll be seeing more minicons in the next season of the cartoon.

morg176
17th November 2015, 05:14 PM
The new hurricanes toys look ok, different designs which keep it interesting.
Obviously, there are a limited number of designs per tribe.

And is it my imagination that swelter is a repaint of divebomb?
Must admit that the blue slipstream does look good

griffin
17th November 2015, 07:06 PM
Swelter is a torpedo (according to the game app), so could be a redeco or a remould and transforms the same. Many of the new ones revealed on the App are redecos of older ones or of each other.

From what I can see on the Apps update, in addition to the discs and torpedos of the 2015 Minicons, we now also have spheres/balls (the bulk of the new ones), a chainsaw, a fist, a gun, and a weird looking paddle.
I've been taking screenshots of them (it takes a while, as you need to play new missions each time you want to select a new character), and will post up some photos in the game app update news topic.

morg176
20th November 2015, 03:50 PM
Has wave 2 (ratbat and company) been released anywhere in australia yet, im in wollongong area.

griffin
20th November 2015, 05:47 PM
I haven't seen any sightings posted yet.

BBTS and Amazon American both have/had them in stock as of last week, as mine just arrived today.

morg176
20th November 2015, 06:05 PM
Was it more expensive (incl shipping) than just getting them here

griffin
20th November 2015, 11:14 PM
BBTS is US$22 for the set of four, while Amazon was about US$6 each.
Depending on exchange rate and shipping, it wouldn't be cheaper than buying them from here at AU$9-10 each... but I just couldn't wait or hope that they show up here, and I was doing an Amazon order, so they didn't add much to the overall shipping.

morg176
21st November 2015, 01:24 PM
Just had a look at bbts postage, nasty, especially for a small order, I'll look around :eek:

griffin
21st November 2015, 07:35 PM
Yeah, that's why I got mine from Amazon... with a number of comic TPBs and other RID toys.... it wouldn't have cost much more than a couple of dollars postage for the Minicons.

Seraphim Prime
22nd November 2015, 09:44 AM
Just had a look at bbts postage, nasty, especially for a small order, I'll look around :eek:

Any individual item is going to be expensive to ship from the U.S. However BBTS's prices seem to be particularly bad. It's why I've always used BBTS's pile of loot - I gather about 6 months of purchases into one shipment.

However with current exchange rates, and BBTS's higher than retail prices, it's becoming cheaper to buy at retail overall.

morg176
23rd November 2015, 05:15 PM
Can you pay on amazon with PayPal, or can you only associate a credit card?

griffin
23rd November 2015, 06:13 PM
You'd have to look up their payment options on their help page.

morg176
24th November 2015, 12:14 AM
Tired of waiting for new tf to be released. Ordered wave 2 minicons from amazon, pain of a thing, had to grab a fixit aswell to push it over minimum order (all items are add ons). All up costs about same as retail here, damn the exchange rate...

Happy :D

Thanks for the help/advice/experiences boys

morg176
29th November 2015, 01:16 PM
My w2 minicons have arrived in the country and are somewhere in sydney, they have cleared customs, yay. But it still says that they are arriving on 9 december, that's over a week away. Put it on a truck and drive south ....:D

griffin
29th November 2015, 01:25 PM
Amazon's estimated arrival date is always generous to cover delays before customers complain. The estimate doesn't change so it should get to you within a couple days.

morg176
29th November 2015, 02:03 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the info :D

morg176
30th November 2015, 11:50 AM
My minicons arrived this morning. Most of them suffer from loose joint syndrome, but overall I'm happy. Velocirazor feels like a light, cheap build, and is by far the least favorable of the wave. Beastbox is surprisingly awesome, and a nice tight construction.

Ratbat and sandsting have grest modes. That being said sandstings leg mechanism and undercarriage are a bit daggy, ratbat is cool yet fiddly to transform, but a grest design, just wish the build was tighter.

Can't wait for more designs, hopefully more dinosaurs and cool primary modes :D