PDA

View Full Version : TRU VIP card - 22% off in store 18-20 Sep

BruiseLee
15th September 2015, 09:21 AM
If you don't have a TRU VIP card, this could be a good time to sign up. For TRU VIP members, there's a 22% off one full priced item in store from 18th Sep till 20th Sep. Nothing about this on the website as it was an email coupon offer.

Promo code is "BIRTHDAY" for online. Online offer starts 6pm on 17th Sep. Not sure if this code will work without a VIP card number though.

This is to celebrate TRU's 22nd birthday.

ampoldj
15th September 2015, 10:05 AM
I am still thinking what can I get from this. If there is nothing TF I can buy for myself I may just buy a Lego for my daughter :D

Gofigure
15th September 2015, 11:15 AM
wonder if you can sign up for a card and use all on the same day? ;)

UltraMarginal
15th September 2015, 12:00 PM

I think you can sign up at the register, you can at least get a temporary card at the register I think. probably worth double checking their website though

Megatran
15th September 2015, 02:40 PM
I think you need to activate the card by registering online first. It's their way of making you come back to the store.

I can't wait for TRU's 100th birthday. Freebie.

Megatran
15th September 2015, 04:03 PM
http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers

Does it apply to Clearance items?

ZoonMaster5000
15th September 2015, 06:04 PM
Can this be done online for those of us who don't have TRU in their state?

Holdobot
15th September 2015, 07:07 PM
Scrolling through seeing what was there and stumbled on
Devy!!!!!!! So now at Toys r us for $299. So with that discount shouldnt be too bad. ( for Toys' r'us that is)

Megatran
15th September 2015, 08:00 PM
Can someone upload a link of the coupon for in store purchase. Thanks.

griffin
15th September 2015, 08:16 PM
http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers

Does it apply to Clearance items?

One full price item only.

Can this be done online for those of us who don't have TRU in their state?

Online for anywhere they can post to.

Can someone upload a link of the coupon for in store purchase. Thanks.

Here (http://view.ed4.net/v/B5HO42K/OA17C/HPFEHUT/M9UDL8/).

Sinnertwin
15th September 2015, 09:37 PM

Should be able to.
I did when MP Soundwave was being sold

crankcase76
17th September 2015, 09:00 PM
I used the code tonight in store, and yes i had to swipe my VIP card first.:)

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2015, 10:12 PM
I used the code tonight in store, and yes i had to swipe my VIP card first.:)
Gah! Staff told me that it wouldn't work until tomorrow! :(

markus84
17th September 2015, 10:41 PM
Annoying how they removed certain items from the website just recently, like Devastator and Starsaber....

yoshi594
17th September 2015, 10:50 PM
Annoying how they removed certain items from the website just recently, like Devastator and Starsaber....

sabre still up. (http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-mp24-masterpiece-starsaber_10486288/)

OZtimus
18th September 2015, 08:16 AM
Toys R us search for some reason doesn't find Devi its just shows their website needs a lot of work.

If you are looking for the link here it is:
http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-generations-titan-devastator/

markus84
18th September 2015, 03:15 PM
Toys R us search for some reason doesn't find Devi its just shows their website needs a lot of work.

If you are looking for the link here it is:
http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-generations-titan-devastator/

Yeah just found the same thing, searching only brings up 48 items, but using the menus brings up 60 items, frustrating

griffin
18th September 2015, 03:31 PM
A shame about it only being valid on a single item, as I have a number of smaller items that I would like to buy at 22% off.

jazzcomp
18th September 2015, 09:51 PM
Do you have to show the coupon?

Megatran
18th September 2015, 09:56 PM
^ Yes, barcode on coupon gets scanned. And don't forget VIP card.

jazzcomp
18th September 2015, 09:57 PM
^Printed or is my phone enough? (just clarifying).

Megatran
18th September 2015, 10:03 PM
Coupon states that Coupon must be surrendered at time of redemption.

I've never tried using my phone before.

jazzcomp
18th September 2015, 10:32 PM
Thanks! It depends on who's on the counter. They have copies of the coupon sometimes and just re-use it when you show them the coupon.

I remember sometimes they even give the coupon back if you want to re-use it.

Megatran
18th September 2015, 10:51 PM
One use per customer for this campaign. :(

Fungal Infection
18th September 2015, 10:55 PM
It really does depend on who is on the counter - I didn't look at the email sent to me properly and assumed it was 22% off storewide on all full priced items, so grabbed a few lego sets, some minifigures and the RID minicons only to find when they scanned my card, it did not give me 22% off - the manager then came out and said that you need to actually present the coupon with your VIP card, and even then, it applies to one item only. He stated the reason for this was apparently people were using their phones with copies of the email sent out to buy up all the expensive lego sets and then scalp them. I then questioned the logic of it and asked if I had printed multiple coupons and just kept returning into the store, wouldn't that technically be the same, the difference being I want to do it all in one go rather than make multiple trips. He agreed that it was flawed and said he'd do the 22% off my lego sets but not the RID minicons or minifigures, as a gesture of goodwill. Still doesn't stop me returning to the store tomorrow with a coupon and getting 22% off again on another item though.... :p

jazzcomp
18th September 2015, 11:03 PM
Lucky you, I thought Lego wasn't included in the sale?

BruiseLee
18th September 2015, 11:12 PM
Lucky you, I thought Lego wasn't included in the sale?

Lego is included at TRU.

The additional 10% off coupon at Myer excludes Lego.

jazzcomp
18th September 2015, 11:14 PM
Ooh, got confused :) Thanks!

BruiseLee
18th September 2015, 11:18 PM
No worries, so many sales now on. Between buying Lego and TFs, I'm already broke and I still haven't looked at TRU yet. :rolleyes:

griffin
18th September 2015, 11:24 PM
It really does depend on who is on the counter - I didn't look at the email sent to me properly and assumed it was 22% off storewide on all full priced items, so grabbed a few lego sets, some minifigures and the RID minicons only to find when they scanned my card, it did not give me 22% off - the manager then came out and said that you need to actually present the coupon with your VIP card, and even then, it applies to one item only. He stated the reason for this was apparently people were using their phones with copies of the email sent out to buy up all the expensive lego sets and then scalp them. I then questioned the logic of it and asked if I had printed multiple coupons and just kept returning into the store, wouldn't that technically be the same, the difference being I want to do it all in one go rather than make multiple trips. He agreed that it was flawed and said he'd do the 22% off my lego sets but not the RID minicons or minifigures, as a gesture of goodwill. Still doesn't stop me returning to the store tomorrow with a coupon and getting 22% off again on another item though.... :p

I would have thought that the reason why the VIP card needs to be scanned is because it would record if the coupon has already been used, and not allow a second one to be used against that particular card. Otherwise, you could just keep going back through until someone remembers you to stop you.

Firestorm
18th September 2015, 11:35 PM
When I went through at highpoint today they had a coupon already printed out to scan and just asked if I had my VIP card (I assumed this was to prevent me from doubling up on the 22% off by locking my card out. Is that not the case?)
So I didn't need to print out my coupon or even bring it up on my phone.
Was hoping to pick up Stinger at a more reasonable price but there were none there. Ended up grabbing a Leader Megatron (G1) instead.