PDA

View Full Version : New member: Howdy all

Johnny
18th January 2008, 11:32 AM
Let me open up by saying some of you guys are nuts, in a good way. I thought, (due to my family and friends constantly telling me) that I had a slight psychological problem with my Transformer collecting however after seeing some of the collections you guys have got, well I suddenly fell completely sane. It's like I finally took the correct colored pill and now the matrix is clear!! hehe.
Anyhow enough rambling, time for a quick introduction. My name is Johnny and I collect Transformers. Must say I'm really only into original series. With the exception of a couple of odd bits and pieces, (can't actually think of any but im sure there are a couple missing) i have all transformers up to and including Fortress Maximus. Its funny because my dad actually become friends with the post man because he allways was around to get receive my many packages sent to my home. Ahh yes Predakings king left foot from ebay, Shiping costed just as much as the foot itself, and don't forget your carnt have a Dinobot without its sword! You could safely say I got around 3 packages a week in the mail. I even imported a Cockroach by accident, hidding amougst the deceptigons no less !!!
Well as for some personal details I live in Sydney/Wollongong. I commute up and down everyday and stay with my gf whenever im not in trouble. Other than that well look forward to trading and talking about TF.
Bye for now

TheDirtyDigger
18th January 2008, 11:41 AM
Hey Johnny...welcome aboard dude.
Sounds like you got a sweet collection but until we see pics I'm going to have to ask you to send me everything you got as proof.

Go on then.

iceburn
18th January 2008, 11:45 AM
First of all, welcome Johnny and having the G1 original lot is fantastic.
Boy-oh-boy did customs do a bad job at not detecting that cockroach!
Ohh we have an "illegal immigrant" around your backyard? *hehe*

Johnny
18th January 2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah I recon. freaked out my dad too. The roach also seemed quicker than our oz ones. Must of worked out!!
Trying to upload some pics of collection. Is it ok to post them in this section??

kup
18th January 2008, 12:16 PM
Hello Johny and Welcome!

We post our collections in this section:

Grapple's Artistic Creations:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=15
________
YAMAHA XT 350 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_XT_350)

benben2142
18th January 2008, 12:17 PM
Hey welcome to the new board, so how many figures you got?

Johnny
18th January 2008, 12:34 PM
Hi benben2142.
Im not too sure how many I got. When I get home I will take some other pics and post them. Hopefully tonight.
The pics I got, well im not happy with them. I feel like a girl going out on her first date!! Need to make a good impression. hehe :)

Saintly
18th January 2008, 01:04 PM
welcome johnny... i'm sure you already feel at home :)

we have another board member here from the 'gong which I'm sure will introduce himself soon enough :)

and by the sound of things (with 3 mail package a week), your collection is a fairly large one, eh?

Hope to see some collection pics at the thread, Kup pointed out. :)

TheDirtyDigger
18th January 2008, 01:18 PM
Hi benben2142.
Im not too sure how many I got.

If you are going to count them, Gok would like to suggest you use the absolutely unofficial, democratically elected, totally legal, universally accepted, slightly obsessive, free world model of Transformer counting discussed somewhere that I can't find the link to.

roller
18th January 2008, 01:30 PM
Hello John

we lock the doors after midnight

Bartrim
18th January 2008, 01:56 PM
Welcome Johnny. Since you are here I guess I can say...

HERE"S JOHNNY!!!! (I found that song on a cd this morning. Brings back some bad memories:))

The_Damned
18th January 2008, 02:14 PM
welcome good to see another south coast lad on the boards, well the gong is nearly southcoast.......:rolleyes:

Johnny
18th January 2008, 02:34 PM
Im bout 30 mins south of the gong, so yeah def south coast.
Shock horror. I have just discovered a missing G1 transformers. Hoist...... Dam. Lucky he is kinda crap-ish, and I got trailbreaker so I don't need him.........

Johnny
18th January 2008, 02:36 PM
Just spent 30 mins on ebay looking for a compete Hoist. Dam this forum I thought I was over transformers. Just have to tell gf holidays are cancelled due to lack of funds:)

Trailer Park Ninja
18th January 2008, 02:37 PM
"Here's Johnny!!!"

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4760/theshiningoi1.jpg

Welcome, sounds like you have quite a collection there :)

jaydisc
18th January 2008, 02:52 PM
If you are going to count them, Gok would like to suggest you use the absolutely official, democratically elected, totally legal, universally accepted, slightly obsessive, free world model of Transformer counting discussed somewhere that I can't find the link to.

Aka the sword fighting / pissing content method.

Welcome Johnny!!!

1orion2many
18th January 2008, 03:17 PM
:)Welcome to the lunatic asylum, don't feel to sane just because there might be some bigger loonies than you around:D. I think most people on this board that have partners would agree that thier partners think anyone that collects Transformers needs to go see a shrink but they love us all the same:o.

Johnny
18th January 2008, 03:23 PM
Thats the thing. Most you guys that I have looked at your collections are like Jedi Master loonies. I feel, just slightly loony. How did all of you get such HUGE collections together?

jaydisc
18th January 2008, 03:35 PM
I started as a youth, and then my Mom trashed it when I had become an unruly teenager.

I started collecting again after the movie.

Had I NOT had that interruption, I woulda been unstoppable!

1orion2many
18th January 2008, 03:54 PM
:(I'm the Ozformers version of Kup so as you can guess I have been collecting for quite a while:eek:. All that said and done I don't even come close to half the other collections but that's not what we are about, it's all about a common interest, not how big your collection is;).

GoktimusPrime
18th January 2008, 04:27 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb3.jpg

If you are going to count them, Gok would like to suggest you use the absolutely official, democratically elected, totally legal, universally accepted, slightly obsessive, free world model of Transformer counting discussed somewhere that I can't find the link to.
I've never said that the Universal Counting Method was "absolutely official" so stop misquoting me. :( :mad: :mad:

I've posted a copy of the Universal Counting Method for this board here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=217).

TheDirtyDigger
18th January 2008, 08:14 PM
I've never said that the Universal Counting Method was "absolutely official" so stop misquoting me.

Ahhh crap. that's about the fourth typo or mistake I've made today...:(

All fixed now.:)

Adzma
18th January 2008, 10:25 PM
Welcome aboard Johnny! Hope you enjoy the stay and give us some pics of them bad boys you got.

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2008, 09:32 AM
Johnny, this thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=3361) may interest you. :)

Tiby
19th January 2008, 10:08 AM
Welcome Johnny! Another member from the Gong! Yay!!!! We can almost have a South Coast meet without importing those Sydney ring-ins!

I loved your intro, because it is exactly how I felt! I had been a "closet" collector since 1984 and always thought I missed the grow-up train, but then these loons convinced me I am part of a bigger minority. Then the movie came out and we are all mainstream heroes now.

As has been said earlier, it's not about collection size, rare pieces, etc. It's about a common interest in all automated life-forms in disguise!

dirge
19th January 2008, 08:08 PM
Tiby, you know I have a soft spot for the 'Gong! I have spent a lot of time down there, and would eagerly want to attend an Illawarra meet!

Welcome aboard, Johnny!

Gutsman Heavy
19th January 2008, 09:14 PM
Welcome, and yes I do accept Tf donations if you were wondering!

Borgeman
19th January 2008, 10:25 PM
yeah lower-end collection sizes ftw!!!!

oh and hi :p

George

Johnny
20th January 2008, 12:32 AM
OK I finally got a couple of happy snaps of the family. Like I said I collected up until Fortress Maximus. I have a couple of Armada (sorry, forgive me) but im really into the old boys.
My fav would be Fortess Maximus, Oh yes and god bless Omega, and all the dinobots (yes even snarl). The target and headmasters were a pain to get, so too was the feet/hands for predaking. May the tapes (ravage and gang) all receive bad health because they too were a pain to get. Sooo much effort for so little toys! You can see i have many double ups because I couldn't work out if robot or vehicle was better to display. The triple changes made we cough a little bit, then the six changes both Autobot and decepticon made me have a brain failure so I stopped collecting completely. I have 3 sixshots, if anyone needs one haha.

http://www.users.on.net/~heira/

Ok Enjoy

ps. I Have identified 3 missing transformers and counting. I have nephews and I WILL shake them until I get answers!!!!!

Johnny
20th January 2008, 12:47 AM
Welcome Johnny! Another member from the Gong! Yay!!!! We can almost have a South Coast meet without importing those Sydney ring-ins!

I loved your intro, because it is exactly how I felt! I had been a "closet" collector since 1984 and always thought I missed the grow-up train, but then these loons convinced me I am part of a bigger minority. Then the movie came out and we are all mainstream heroes now.

As has been said earlier, it's not about collection size, rare pieces, etc. It's about a common interest in all automated life-forms in disguise!

Yup Tiby im from the Gong. Well Shellharbour actually. Tiby are you aware of exactly how many transformers you have. Its scary dude!! Yes I know its not how many you have, its the the love of it etc, etc but seriously dude wow!!!

Gutsman Heavy
20th January 2008, 02:00 AM
nice collection johnny! Wreck-gar, Sixshot, Scorponok, Trypticon, Doublespy and so many combiners!
[/drool]

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2008, 09:32 AM
Tiby are you aware of exactly how many transformers you have. Its scary dude!! Yes I know its not how many you have, its the the love of it etc, etc but seriously dude wow!!!
Mate, that's nothing compared to mi-, I mean, griffin's collection! ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Conventions/OzToyCon%202006/oztoycon01.jpg

liegeprime
20th January 2008, 09:46 AM
WEEEELLLLCCOOOOMMME , Mabuhay!! Enjoy the boards and stay forever!!!:D:D:D

Borgeman
20th January 2008, 10:23 AM
wow you have like 3 scampers

dude, if you ever felt the need to sell one im your man

George

Tiby
20th January 2008, 10:36 AM
Wow Johnny! Your displays look like a catalog with all those double so you can display both modes! Very impressive!

I have a detailed spreadsheet which the nerd in me keeps up to date... so I can keep track of 'em...

Shellharbour, hey, that's close enough for me!

jaydisc
20th January 2008, 10:52 AM
Awesome collection Johnny. Crazy doubles/triples.

Johnny
20th January 2008, 11:51 AM
Mate, that's nothing compared to mi-, I mean, griffin's collection! ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Conventions/OzToyCon%202006/oztoycon01.jpg

That collection is close to unhealthy. I love it!

Johnny
20th January 2008, 12:09 PM
Wow Johnny! Your displays look like a catalog with all those double so you can display both modes! Very impressive!

I have a detailed spreadsheet which the nerd in me keeps up to date... so I can keep track of 'em...

Shellharbour, hey, that's close enough for me!

So for all the gong boys n girls (Girls??) is there any south of the gong, like Warrilla/Shellharbour?

dirge
20th January 2008, 12:29 PM
So for all the gong boys n girls (Girls??) is there any south of the gong, like Warrilla/Shellharbour?

The_Damned and Bartrim are on the South Coast proper (Batemans Bay and Ulladulla if memory serves), but ATM I think Tiby - who is north of the lake and yourself are it for our Wollongong contingent.

We did have some members from Kiama way back, but we're talking like 6 years ago...

Tiby
20th January 2008, 06:54 PM
Not to worry - Stockland Shellharbour, Warrawong Westfield and Dapto BIG W are on my usual safari route!

Saintly
21st January 2008, 10:19 AM
is there a 'gong meet coming up soon? :)

Johnny
21st January 2008, 02:29 PM
Well Im keen, pretty much any day, however there really isn't much TF (G1 stuff) down here that Ive found. Being a new member, I think we should go to the pub and have a few welcome drinks.:D

Bartrim
21st January 2008, 07:51 PM
Well Im keen, pretty much any day, however there really isn't much TF (G1 stuff) down here that Ive found. Being a new member, I think we should go to the pub and have a few welcome drinks.:D

I would be willing to go Wollongong for a "welcoming";) Yes Dirge has it correct I am from Ulladulla and The_Damned is from Batemans Bay. Basic rule of Ozformers thumb; Anyone south of The_Damned doesn't count:p Ever go to Collies? My sister worked there up until last Tuesday as a waitress.

Johnny
21st January 2008, 08:03 PM
nice. Nar I dont have the need to slap anymore so no pokies for me.
I have been to the Marlin a few types. Good times

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2008, 08:41 PM
Being a new member, I think we should go to the pub and have a few welcome drinks.
Newbie's shout <-- a time-honoured OzFormers tradition. :D

Disclaimer: Tradition may only be as true as George Bush's integrity.

dirge
21st January 2008, 11:22 PM
Newbie's shout <-- a time-honoured OzFormers tradition. :D

.... you don't even drink!

Bartrim
22nd January 2008, 09:37 AM
nice. Nar I never dont have the need to slap anymore so no pokies for me.
I have been to Marlin a few types. Good times

Ah the ol' Marlin. I was the D.J there for about 6 months in 2002. Yes good times indeed.

autobreadticon
30th January 2008, 11:00 PM
sarpz!!!!!

Soundwarp
31st January 2008, 07:15 AM
Welcome