PDA

View Full Version : new York and LA any suggestions

speros
1st October 2015, 01:47 PM
Hi All

I'm going to New York and LA for 2 weeks on Monday and wondering if anyone knows of any where I can find some shops with our favorite collectibles / figures other than TRU?

Seraphim Prime
1st October 2015, 04:05 PM
If you're into comics, there's a number of good comic stores in New York.

Midtown comics is the main one, with three locations - main one is in Times Square. Or Forbidden Planet on Broadway.

The dollar isn't going to do you many favours at the moment though. I found that most things would have ended up being cheaper if I had bought them locally.

CHILENO20
1st October 2015, 06:44 PM
http://www.nyc.com/best-of-new-york/best_comic_book_shops_in_new_york.s3426/

Forbideen Planet is a great one as well. Went there in 2011 and it was awesome! St Mark's looks like to check out as well. Have a blast in NYC!

tinyJazz
1st October 2015, 07:17 PM
How are you getting about in LA?

Idk how easy it is to get to with public transport, but If you can make it I'd highly reccomend Frank & Son (http://www.frankandsonshow.net) collectables show. It runs every Wednesday and Saturday.
It's huge, and - at least when I went in 2009 - there was heaps of transformers stuff, Hasbro and Takara.

griffin
1st October 2015, 08:23 PM
How are you getting about in LA?

Idk how easy it is to get to with public transport, but If you can make it I'd highly reccomend Frank & Son (http://www.frankandsonshow.net) collectables show. It runs every Wednesday and Saturday.
It's huge, and - at least when I went in 2009 - there was heaps of transformers stuff, Hasbro and Takara.

That place sounds amazing... I wonder why I've never heard of it before. If it has been around for a few years, I would have checked it out on one of my LA BotCons (like last year).

Nintendotn
1st October 2015, 09:24 PM
LA
Lobos... near lax
Puzzle zoo - there two in la area i liked the santa monica one
Any Target - i got my wave 4s there
Kmart - i got my insecticon set here and motor master

Nyc
Forbidden plant - didn't have much when i was there (august)
Image anime - only place i saw mps
Tru - main one not much but the store is huge so go there last i suggest
Tru theres a tru express they actually have better stock then flagship ... flagship too busy and restock not in time blah blah

I got the most my stuff in canada giving the aud vs usd. At least aud vs canadian dollar was better.

Hope this helps

Handsprime
1st October 2015, 10:11 PM
I remember going to TRU
I had to choose between a 25th anniversary optimus or an Armada Unicron as my Christmas present. To this day I wish I chosen Unicron.

Megatran
1st October 2015, 10:59 PM
I remember going to TRU
I had to choose between a 25th anniversary optimus or an Armada Unicron as my Christmas present. To this day I wish I chosen Unicron.
Wash your mouth out with soap young man. :p

speros
4th October 2015, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys for the info much appreciated. I read about a few of the places you guys have mentioned forbidden planet sounds very cybertron haha. I have 2 suitcases to fill so I'll see how I go