PDA

View Full Version : My introduction to these boards as a new member

Eruntalon
18th September 2008, 02:36 PM
Hello to all fellow forum members. My name is John and I just registered as a member of these forums a few days ago.

It's the strangest thing really. I haven't bought anything Transformers related since the early nineties and within the past few days I've already spent a few hundred dollars on vintage toys. It was also a few days ago that I got out my old collection of G1 and G2 toys and decided what to keep, what to potentially keep aside to sell later on, and what I aspire to own in the future.

For myself personally 2008 has been a strange year. I recently graduated from Uni at the end of 2007 and haven't had a clear idea as to what I want to do with my life. After working at various places this year in the Hospitality industry (which is completely unrelated to my Uni qualifications) I've decided that I will probably be going back to Uni next year to do a graduate diploma, since another three year degree seems a little out of the question.

What do I collect besides Transformers? (I guess I do collect them again now) I have a large assortment of vintage and new Star Wars figures (except anything to do with Episode II and III which I hate), a few hundred 2000AD Magazines and assorted Judge Dredd material, a few hundred Star Wars comics. I'm a fan of the band Devo, Nintendo, and I like to read occult fiction by authors such as H.P Lovecraft.

My latest Transformer-related acquisition is a complete G1 Jetfire based off of the design of the Macross VF-1J (thank you ebay).

If anyone else has any similar interests to myself then please don't hesitate to give me a buzz.

Saintly
18th September 2008, 02:47 PM
Hi Eruntalon...

nice to have you on board... go along to one of the Melb(VIC) meets... think there's a few similar interests there :)

Paulbot
18th September 2008, 04:08 PM
Welcome

I haven't bought anything Transformers related since the early nineties and within the past few days I've already spent a few hundred dollars on vintage toys.

That's a bad habit but there's many on this board who've done the same thing :)

iceburn
18th September 2008, 04:09 PM
welcome welcome and welcome

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2008, 06:50 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/boardwelcome.jpg

My latest Transformer-related acquisition is a complete G1 Jetfire based off of the design of the Macross VF-1J
You mean VF-1S. :)

VF-1J Valyrie
http://www.ob.aitai.ne.jp/~tomotake/vf1j_valkyrie003.jpg

VF-1S Valkyrie
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41TMO4xJ5KL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Jetfire
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Famous%20Covers/cover_g1v306.jpg

:) :)

Btw, how you pronounce "Eruntalon"? I'm curious to know if the "E" is pronounced as /e/ (like "e" as in "egg") or as /i/ (like "e" as in "eBay") and if the "U" is pronounced as /u/ (like "u" as in "full") or as /a/ (like "u" as in "run").

blackie
18th September 2008, 06:55 PM
Welcome mate. i must admit i enjoy the macross toys as much as TF's and ive also speant way to much money on them since joining here :P

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2008, 07:03 PM
I think Kawamori Shouji's reputation has somewhat been diminished in the eyes of some TF collectors since his arguably disappointing work on Masterpiece Starscream. :/

http://www.ncsxshop.com/images/products/large/1006/mp3_starscream_shop.jpg

loophole
18th September 2008, 07:03 PM
Welcome Aboard!!!

The_Damned
18th September 2008, 07:15 PM
hey welcome to the board.

MV75
18th September 2008, 07:16 PM
Hello to all fellow forum members. My name is John and I just registered as a member of these forums a few days ago.

It's the strangest thing really. I haven't bought anything Transformers related since the early nineties and within the past few days I've already spent a few hundred dollars on vintage toys. It was also a few days ago that I got out my old collection of G1 and G2 toys and decided what to keep, what to potentially keep aside to sell later on, and what I aspire to own in the future.

For myself personally 2008 has been a strange year. I recently graduated from Uni at the end of 2007 and haven't had a clear idea as to what I want to do with my life. After working at various places this year in the Hospitality industry (which is completely unrelated to my Uni qualifications) I've decided that I will probably be going back to Uni next year to do a graduate diploma, since another three year degree seems a little out of the question.

What do I collect besides Transformers? (I guess I do collect them again now) I have a large assortment of vintage and new Star Wars figures (except anything to do with Episode II and III which I hate), a few hundred 2000AD Magazines and assorted Judge Dredd material, a few hundred Star Wars comics. I'm a fan of the band Devo, Nintendo, and I like to read occult fiction by authors such as H.P Lovecraft.

My latest Transformer-related acquisition is a complete G1 Jetfire based off of the design of the Macross VF-1J (thank you ebay).

If anyone else has any similar interests to myself then please don't hesitate to give me a buzz.

Oh, let me know what toys you decide not to keep. :)

Jetfire is awesome, I only got just the jet, but I love it. It's actually the bandai toy that was licensed to hasbro back in the day, so yea, it IS a valkerie. :)

If you want to get involved more with it, there's a few macross threads in the non-transformers section. Bandai have just re-released that jetfire mould too.

k.wong23
18th September 2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome and enjoy your stay :)

autobreadticon
18th September 2008, 08:14 PM
welcome !!

1orion2many
18th September 2008, 08:45 PM
:)Welcome aboard:).

STL
18th September 2008, 10:43 PM
Welcome! Nice to have another Victorian in our midst. :)

Pulse
18th September 2008, 11:38 PM
Hey Mate! Welcome to our TF Home! :)

Eruntalon
19th September 2008, 12:00 AM
You mean VF-1S. :)

Yes, I know - whoops. I looked at that later but decided not to correct myself because I CBF.

Eruntalon is pronounced 'Er-Run-Tah-Lon'. As far as I know.

liegeprime
19th September 2008, 06:32 AM
Mabuhay and Welcome! :)

GoktimusPrime
19th September 2008, 08:19 AM
It's actually the bandai toy that was licensed to hasbro back in the day, so yea, it IS a valkerie.
Well... yes and no. Remember that back then all Transformers were toys adapted from other robot lines as Transformers (Macross, Dorvack, Microman, Diaclone, Beet Gadol, Mechabot-1 etc.). Is Jetfire a Valkyrie? Technically no, he is an Autobot Transformer, which is an entirely different concept from a Macross Valkyrie. Jetfire is no more of a VF-1S Valkyrie than say Optimus Prime is a Car Robot Battle Convoy or Roadbuster is a VV-54 AR Mugen Calibre or Megatron is a MC12 Gun Robo. :/

Toywise they're nearly the same (only cosmetic differences) but conceptually they're nothing alike. Valkyries are not living self-aware sentient robots! :)

Robzy
19th September 2008, 11:22 AM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

My latest Transformer-related acquisition is a complete G1 Jetfire based off of the design of the Macross VF-1J ...Now look what you've started... :p

Sam
20th September 2008, 10:30 AM
Hello hello hello and welcome to the forum. :)