PDA

View Full Version : Possible Combiner Demolishor?

griffin
21st September 2015, 11:07 AM
Could next year's Onslaught toy be re-done as Armada Demolishor?

A photo of the same prototype Onslaught toy (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/09/07/combiner-wars-brawl-and-onslaught-leaked-prototype-images-300958) has surfaced with a different red head on it... and this other red head is very much Demolishor (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/09/20/rumor-possible-combiner-wars-demolishor-301587).

Could Hasbro really be looking at doing more Armada/Unicron Trilogy toys in the Generations line, or could this be a future FunPub toy (using Onslaught twice in the one year).

If it is true, no matter who is releasing it, what other Armada Decepticons could work as limbs for this combiner? (if it is like the other two 2016 Combiners, one will be a new mould, one will be a heavy remould, and two will be redecos with new heads)

Jaxius._
21st September 2015, 11:30 AM
^^
Combiner: Tidal Wave

Groove (deluxe) -Sideways (leg)
Groove (Legends) -Rook (sideways head in armada) Chest
Firefly (or another jet) -Thrust (leg)
Alpha bravo -Cyclonus (arm)
Wheeljack- Armada Wheeljack (arm)

And voila decepticon Tidal Wave

Paulbot
21st September 2015, 11:32 AM
Armada Decepticon combiner: Demolisher from Onslaught, Cyclonus from Blades, Sideways from Groove, Wheeljack from Breakdown, Thrust from Fireflight ( and unlikely: Starscream from Air Raid and Megatron from Brawl ) combine to form Tidalwave

Edit: Jaxius beat me to it. Great minds.

griffin
17th October 2015, 08:45 PM
One of the Hasbro people at the recent NYCC responded to a query about the Demolishor head that was found (http://www.tfu.info/issue14/hasbronycc15.htm)... saying that it is a legit head, but there are no plans at this time to use it.

It's been mentioned occasionally before, but it isn't common knowledge that for a few years now, Hasbro and TakaraTomy create multiple heads when they make the moulds just in case they are needed... but sometimes they don't.

TFU: Speaking of Extra Character [Quality]… I’m going to throw one word out there: Demolishor?

JW: Oh, Demolishor. I have mentioned this at other conventions and at other times when I spoke to you guys… not you specifically [laughs]. But when we work with Takara on these things we always design a redeco head into it. With the case of Onslaught, Demolishor was built into the mold with the thinking that if we were ever to reuse or repurpose that tool, we could put out a Demolishor in the future. Currently there are no plans for Demolishor in the line but we appreciate all of the Demolishor and Armada love online.

Keidatron
17th October 2015, 09:21 PM
I'd rather them make some all new characters rather than endlessly rehash existing ones.

GoktimusPrime
17th October 2015, 10:49 PM
I'd rather them make some all new characters rather than endlessly rehash existing ones.
That's what Alpha Bravo and Rook are, yet many fans have cried foul at them. :rolleyes:

prjkt
18th October 2015, 10:41 AM
That's what Alpha Bravo and Rook are, yet many fans have cried foul at them. :rolleyes:

You can't please everyone unfortunately.... Although tbh, Alpha Bravo and Off Road are pretty unimaginative names...

I would like to see some more releases of IDW original characters though

Keidatron
18th October 2015, 11:55 AM
People have run foul of them because they don't belong to the teams they were put in. If they're gonna do new characters, put em in a new team, not an established one.

Zommael
18th October 2015, 12:49 PM
People have run foul of them because they don't belong to the teams they were put in. If they're gonna do new characters, put em in a new team, not an established one.

You mean like Victorion?

Also, there are marketing pressures that mean selling an all new team is a lot harder than selling an older team with a new member. Alpha Bravo and Offroad are both excellent toys. Alpha Bravo's inclusion adds variety, and Offroad fits perfectly with his team. As for Rook, he's not only an excellent toy, he's the best deluxe mould of his wave, and he's not even replacing Groove, a character who due to his alt mode makes far more sense as a smaller toy. Complaining about the inclusion of new characters is just ridiculous Geewunism, and your two posts make it sound like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Trent
18th October 2015, 02:27 PM
You mean like Victorion?

Also, there are marketing pressures that mean selling an all new team is a lot harder than selling an older team with a new member. Alpha Bravo and Offroad are both excellent toys. Alpha Bravo's inclusion adds variety, and Offroad fits perfectly with his team. As for Rook, he's not only an excellent toy, he's the best deluxe mould of his wave, and he's not even replacing Groove, a character who due to his alt mode makes far more sense as a smaller toy. Complaining about the inclusion of new characters is just ridiculous Geewunism, and your two posts make it sound like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/Wrxus/8570ef8cb4bca834bedb6210556dd000.jpg

UltimateGalvatron
18th October 2015, 03:13 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/Wrxus/8570ef8cb4bca834bedb6210556dd000.jpg

Double Amen.

I prefer Alpha Bravo and Offroad to all the other Stunticon/Aerialbot Deluxes.
I can't comment on Rook though as I don't have him.

UltimateGalvatron
18th October 2015, 03:14 PM
Also; FREAKIN' DEMOLISHER!!

griffin
18th October 2015, 07:30 PM

You mean like Victorion?

No need to be harsh on him, as he's not saying no to new characters AND he's advocating teams like Victorion.

His first post is for new characters, and his second post is for not being part of existing teams because people were upset about it replacing an existing member.
That fits both of your points, including the criteria for Victorion, who is all new characters that aren't in a team of existing members.

And please avoid ganging up on newer members people, as the last few posts have all jumped on the bandwagon and would feel like bullying to a new member who may not be as versed in all things Transformers as those doing the recent postings.

Zommael
18th October 2015, 08:06 PM
No need to be harsh on him, as he's not saying no to new characters AND he's advocating teams like Victorion.

His first post is for new characters, and his second post is for not being part of existing teams because people were upset about it replacing an existing member.
That fits both of your points, including the criteria for Victorion, who is all new characters that aren't in a team of existing members.

And please avoid ganging up on newer members people, as the last few posts have all jumped on the bandwagon and would feel like bullying to a new member who may not be as versed in all things Transformers as those doing the recent postings.

You're right, I was overly harsh, and I apologise. I only wanted to point out that there are reasons why we don't get all new teams all the time and that the new members are worthy additions to their respective teams. I should have left it at that and not attacked him for perceived Geewunism, and for that I'm sorry.

Sorry Keidatron, and fwiw at this point welcome to Ozformers.

BigTransformerTrev
19th October 2015, 08:36 AM
Demolisher was my very first Armada toy and I seriously loved his alt-mode so got a bit of a soft spot for the maniac and hope he gets the Generations treatment, although I would like to see him get a proper toy resembling his old alt-mode rather than just a reconfiguration of Onslaught.

Not remotely taking sides or trying to kick off a debate, but in regards to the discussion about new characters, I think this is one of the few cases where you CAN please everyone. If you are a stickler to the old rosters, both Hasbro and Tak/Tom have brought out the Stunticons & Aerialbots with their original 5 members and you can stick to that. If you like change then there are two new bots for each group (Alpha Bravo & Powerglide, Off Road & Blackjack) and you can make your team rosters bigger. Everyone no matter their predaliction wins! :)

My personal prediliction is that I like the team rosters expanded. The X-Men started with only 5 warriors and there have been hundreds of the buggers now :p! I reckon a couple of extra new members for teams after 30 years is fine. I may have felt somewhat different if Slingshot/Quickslinger and Wildrider/Brake-Neck had not been available at all.