PDA

View Full Version : 30% off some toys at David-Jones to 5th Oct (not TFs)

griffin
19th September 2008, 01:27 AM
Despite the advertisement suggesting it was an 'all toys' sale, the fineprint has the discount only applying to a number of brands, which doesn't include Transformers.
As such, the following was originally posted, and can be ignored.

According to the latest paper advertisement, and on their website, David Jones has 30% off all toys and boardgames until 5th October.
http://www.davidjones.com.au/images/events/pdf/OctEvent08.pdf

They are pretty consistently one of the most expensive stores for TFs, and one of the slowest to get in stock. And I haven't been keeping track of what they are stocking these days either, so it's anyone's guess what you might find there.

I think they still price Deluxes at $30, so that would make it $21 at the sale price.

liegeprime
19th September 2008, 07:44 AM
just been to the nearest DJ yesterday. I do hope they do restock soon for this upcoming sale coz , the way their toyshelves are stocked, well it seriously is wanting... a lot. Only the Lego stocks are good, everything else is just shelfwarmers and old stock:(

lcz128
19th September 2008, 08:22 AM
Soo.... Is the sale effective now? :S

Saintly
19th September 2008, 09:05 AM
folks, read the fine print....

Save 30% on all toys from Fisher-Price, Thomas & Friends, Barbie, Lamaze and all board games

Doesn't say anything about Hasbro toys, etc...

iceburn
19th September 2008, 09:19 AM
folks, read the fine print....

Save 30% on all toys from Fisher-Price, Thomas & Friends, Barbie, Lamaze and all board games

Doesn't say anything about Hasbro toys, etc...

it does say ALL TOYS...and the word "from" = for example
btw, has this sale started? if yes, i'll popby to see what they have later on

Saintly
19th September 2008, 09:23 AM
it does say ALL TOYS...and the word "from" = for example
btw, has this sale started? if yes, i'll popby to see what they have later on

OK... someone go check and correct me :P

If it is ALL toys, I doubt they would bother including a "from" list

besides since when did "from" = "e.g."?

Paulbot
19th September 2008, 09:48 AM
I read that in newspaper ad too and thought "all toys from" not "all toys".

k.wong23
19th September 2008, 09:52 AM
Could someone please scout for me a classics optimus? :D

edit: nvm read the NON hasbro part:(

iceburn
19th September 2008, 09:54 AM
OK... someone go check and correct me :P

If it is ALL toys, I doubt they would bother including a "from" list

besides since when did "from" = "e.g."?

hahahahaaa....was just assuming.
i'll check it out ASAP during lunch and report back.
if there's anyone free and could do it earlier...that would be great and save me running to DJ too :p

griffin
19th September 2008, 11:52 AM
The sale should have started, as it was advertised in yesterday's paper.
And since there is different sized font between 'all toys' and 'from...' it should cover all toys, with the rest being an example (like Kmart usually putting in a small selection of brand logos in their %-off sale catalogue adverts).
But verification will help clear up the confusion.

Pulse
19th September 2008, 11:59 AM
It's not like DJ's are gonna have anything good anyway... :rolleyes: (Maybe they'll finally get some Classics 2.0/Animated in...)

iceburn
19th September 2008, 12:38 PM
OK..here's the news.

Saintly is right

TRANSFORMERS are not on sale...only the brand items stating from the word "from..." are.

Don't waste your time going DJ unless you are looking for

Fisher-Price, Thomas & Friends, Barbie, Lamaze and all board games

Saintly
19th September 2008, 12:47 PM
phew!

do i get a prize? :P

iceburn
19th September 2008, 12:48 PM
prize is in Melbourne..come get it

[edit]

btw...city DJ only has Movie deluxe toys, old wave of the Robot Heroes, 2 Leader Brawls, 1 Classic Voyager Jetfire and 1 Optimus Prime...can't remember the rest but limited.

no new toys...REALLY SLOW :(

STL
19th September 2008, 07:41 PM
Bah! My heart jumped and thought Lego for a moment!

griffin
20th September 2008, 01:23 AM
Well I think that's deceptive advertising, by having fine print that contradicts the regular print (the 'all toys' bit).
Ah well, I'll change the title and relocate the topic to the non-TFs section.

Golden Phoenix
20th September 2008, 08:19 PM
Well I think that's deceptive advertising, by having fine print that contradicts the regular print (the 'all toys' bit).
Ah well, I'll change the title and relocate the topic to the non-TFs section.

It is. I'm pretty sure it is intentionally misleading. It's not like they "accidentally" printed the last bit smaller.
not 100% sure but isn't that false advertising or at least isn't it illegal to intentionally mislead people

Pulse
20th September 2008, 09:06 PM
It is. I'm pretty sure it is intentionally misleading. It's not like they "accidentally" printed the last bit smaller.
not 100% sure but isn't that false advertising or at least isn't it illegal to intentionally mislead people

Maybe the thinking is... "As long as we get 'em in the front door, They're more inclined to buy something..." ?

iceburn
20th September 2008, 10:26 PM
i didn't buy anything...asked and walked away!
though i was attracted by a couple of "noise-making" animals

Golden Phoenix
21st September 2008, 01:45 PM
Maybe the thinking is... "As long as we get 'em in the front door, They're more inclined to buy something..." ?

That is the actual thinking. The longer you spend in the store, the more likely you are to buy something. Hence why they make it so hard to get out of those places and so easy to get lost.

Saintly
22nd September 2008, 10:02 AM
That is the actual thinking. The longer you spend in the store, the more likely you are to buy something. Hence why they make it so hard to get out of those places and so easy to get lost.

But toys is usually located towards the back!

Golden Phoenix
22nd September 2008, 01:28 PM
But toys is usually located towards the back!

So the kids drag their parents past all the nice things that they might want

Saintly
22nd September 2008, 01:51 PM
So the kids drag their parents past all the nice things that they might want

ah... yes... true but the point I was trying to make was... the kids wouldn't get lost :)

autobreadticon
22nd September 2008, 09:47 PM
hahah getting the boardgame Taboo next time i go shopping,game kinda like charades