PDA

View Full Version : Myer Sale - $69.95 Animated Ultra Magnus

jaydisc
19th September 2008, 01:13 PM
So I tried to price match an Animted Leader at Myer today and she gave me the better price of 69.95 from the catalog she said was starting tomorrow.

If this is worded correctly, and lasts beyond the Kmart sale, folks might be able to get the other Leaders from Kmart for $67 (extra 10% of difference)

Also noticed Lego Republic gunship and Agents truck at $99 for more Kmart price matched goodness.

Oh yeah!!! How could I forget?!?! Animated Deluxe on sale for $29.95 :D

Paulbot
19th September 2008, 01:33 PM
So save $10 on Animated Deluxes.. or go to K-Mart and get them for 50% of Myer's price :rolleyes:

Great news on the cheaper Animated Magnus though. Did the catalogue mention/show Magnus explicity or all Animated Leaders? Although I don't think any sightings of other Animated leaders have been recorded at Myer.

jaydisc
19th September 2008, 02:22 PM
'Twas definitely a pic of UM. I can't recall the text though.

Saintly
19th September 2008, 02:37 PM
lasoo.com.au doesn't seem to have that catalogue yet :(

autobreadticon
19th September 2008, 02:43 PM
great news, it was fun just going to Melbourne Central Myer and just pressing the button on each ultra Magnus

Robzy
19th September 2008, 03:37 PM
Wow - great news!

Pulse
19th September 2008, 03:43 PM
Myer Castle Hill has tonnes of TFs out on display for the upcoming sale (including 1000 of those crappy turnarounds... Who in their right mind would buy them? :rolleyes:)

llamatron
19th September 2008, 04:01 PM
So the sale does start tomorrow (Saturday)?

Robzy
19th September 2008, 05:20 PM
Sure does! I just rang them and they told me about the sale price on UM.

llamatron
19th September 2008, 06:21 PM
Is there a catalogue for this? Wouldn't mind getting K-mart to price match on the Lego Gunship or Agents Truck. I'm curious though, when they price match they give you 10% of the difference off right? Would they then take a further 15% off automatically as part of the general sale? Because that would be some serious savings.

jaydisc
19th September 2008, 07:05 PM
Is there a catalogue for this? Wouldn't mind getting K-mart to price match on the Lego Gunship or Agents Truck. I'm curious though, when they price match they give you 10% of the difference off right? Would they then take a further 15% off automatically as part of the general sale? Because that would be some serious savings.

Our experience has shown that that is the case. The Kmart computers seem badly programmed in that they still apply % off AFTER a price match ;)

llamatron
19th September 2008, 07:12 PM
Hmm. I really hope there is a catalogue available for this sale. I'll be hitting up Myers in the morning to check it out.

Also, when you do price matching, do you generally go to the "service" counter or just a normal checkout (and probably hold everyone up)?

jaydisc
19th September 2008, 07:21 PM
Normal checkout. Choose wisely :)

And there definitely is a catalog. I saw it with mine own eyes.

autobreadticon
19th September 2008, 07:39 PM
From looking at the sighting thead, i don't think UM is stocked anywhere else except at Myer in the city

llamatron
19th September 2008, 07:46 PM
Normal checkout. Choose wisely :)

And there definitely is a catalog. I saw it with mine own eyes.

Alright.

So choose the checkout with the clueless 15 year old girl?

jaydisc
19th September 2008, 07:50 PM
Not sure if it's that simple. You gotta react at the right moment (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=30549&postcount=25)....

Zippo
19th September 2008, 08:23 PM
Hot diggity thats cheap..
I'll just have to try and get a loose one down the road sometime, I can't really be bothered with packaging at the moment.

liegeprime
19th September 2008, 10:37 PM
oh thank goodness I held out and didnt pick him up yesterday otherwise I wouldve missed so much savings!:D:D:D

iceburn
19th September 2008, 10:42 PM
From looking at the sighting thead, i don't think UM is stocked anywhere else except at Myer in the city

i saw none at Chadstone but i know another place that has stock.... ;)

Mr_K
19th September 2008, 11:11 PM
Hey,

I managed to nap a copy of the brochure off a trolly that staff were using to bring out the toys at the Myer in the City and it DEFINITELY has UM pictured in it!

Gonna ring Kmart tomorrow morning and see if any of them have him, cheers to the creator of the thread!

Robzy
19th September 2008, 11:14 PM
cheers to the creator of the thread!All hail the Creator!!

:D

jaydisc
20th September 2008, 08:30 AM
The catalog says "Transformer Animated Leaders" which means it's time for price matching goodness!!!!!

http://catalogues.myer.com.au/portal/dynamiccatalogue?CatalogueID=1186392229154&pageview=two&gotopage=10

So, if you price match at Kmart before the sale ends, you can possibly get Megatron and Bulkhead for $55.96 (20% off $69.95). If you wait till Kmart's sale is over, you'll pay $68.05 (includes 10% of the difference between $89 and $69.96). Good luck!

autobreadticon
20th September 2008, 10:27 AM
Jay woah i been a saving junkie and even this is new stuff to me, you are truly the discount king.

TF76
20th September 2008, 03:47 PM
I'll just try to find an Ultra Magnus at myer that price is good enough.

After how difficult it was and how rude most of kmarts staff were when I tried to get a leader brawl price matched around toy sale, I'd rather spend a few dollars more than waist a few hours trying different stores and have to deal with their crap.

Yesterday my layby was changed to the current kmart sale price and I got good boxes/toy for both megatron and bulkhead, and with the extra 5% staff discount, im happy.

liegeprime
20th September 2008, 04:36 PM
Even though I was sooo lazy today ( day off) I got off my bum and went to local Myer just to layby one :D, wouldnt wanna miss on the Sale. Went through 4 figures, man the paint problems on Ums face, autobot sigil and/or the bluish paint on the Chest is what ive encountered on most of the figs on the shelves :(. ONe even had its paint apps on the face kinda weird, makes him look like he's harelip or sumthink. But finally settled for one that is quite acceptable:rolleyes:

STL
22nd September 2008, 12:24 AM
Even though I was sooo lazy today ( day off) I got off my bum and went to local Myer just to layby one :D, wouldnt wanna miss on the Sale. Went through 4 figures, man the paint problems on Ums face, autobot sigil and/or the bluish paint on the Chest is what ive encountered on most of the figs on the shelves :(. ONe even had its paint apps on the face kinda weird, makes him look like he's harelip or sumthink. But finally settled for one that is quite acceptable:rolleyes:

Darn tootin' straight. I had to go to two Myers to get a decent one. Lots of paint drips here and there. I hope to buy a spare or two of this figure before the sale is over and hope to find another one in good nick.

Saintly
22nd September 2008, 09:30 AM
it differs from k-mart to k-mart... the one I went to worked out the final sale price is $65.xx

(it's beat the normal price by 10%, then the 20% on top)

JuzMel
22nd September 2008, 10:40 AM
After how difficult it was and how rude most of kmarts staff were when I tried to get a leader brawl price matched around toy sale, I'd rather spend a few dollars more than waist a few hours trying different stores and have to deal with their crap.

Yeah same here, the price seems really attractive with the price match. But with the mostly rude and unfriendly Kmart staff, and having to go through the hassle of scouting for a good pair of Megs and Bulkhead again, I'll probably leave it at it is.

Had to deal with a horrible experience of price matching (of the Animated Deluxes) the last time with the lady at the counter accusing me of stealing an item when I was right in front of her was bad enough. Although the store manager later called to apologize for the staff attitude, that bad experience still lurks.

Stompy
22nd September 2008, 11:34 AM
Had to deal with a horrible experience of price matching (of the Animated Deluxes) the last time with the lady at the counter accusing me of stealing an item when I was right in front of her was bad enough. Although the store manager later called to apologize for the staff attitude, that bad experience still lurks.

That's just poor customer service. I would have filed a formal complaint to the actual Head Office. I really cannot stand bad customer service. Either they train their staff properly or if they are just bitter people just go and get a different job suited to their personality. Ugh. Now I'm furious.

Glad everyone is getting Leaders at such great prices. I was fortunate to have a relatively perfect condition Ultra Magnus off RK.

autobreadticon
22nd September 2008, 07:32 PM
it differs from k-mart to k-mart... the one I went to worked out the final sale price is $65.xx

(it's beat the normal price by 10%, then the 20% on top)

How do you make the final price go below $65???

jaydisc
22nd September 2008, 08:06 PM

Bread, read my earlier explanation.

After 1 failed attempt yesterday, I got the pair of Leaders today for $54.44 each.

kennymak167
22nd September 2008, 10:19 PM
just get my leader megatron and bulkhead from kmart for 55 dollar each. i think i save up more than 64 dollars!!!! That mean i can get a Universe Ultra class For "free"!! woohooo:D

jaydisc
22nd September 2008, 10:47 PM

What you must learn is that these rules are no different that the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken. Understand?

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/morpheus.jpg

autobreadticon
22nd September 2008, 10:55 PM
i honestly tried at 3 different places to get it below $68 , well i sux ! :(

jaydisc
23rd September 2008, 06:43 AM
i honestly tried at 3 different places to get it below $68 , well i sux ! :(

Don't feel bad. I don't think it's you. It's just that most staff are probably aware of this and know how to prevent it now. It was good while it lasted.

Deonasis
24th September 2008, 11:51 PM
My first post is a thankyou to Jaydisc for showing me the way to get a $55 Kmart Megatron (even though I passed on a scrappy Bulkhead at that price). I also got the $69 Ultra Magnus at Myer while my wallet was open.

But Jaydisc thankyou! And 'Hi' to everyone else too!

STL
24th September 2008, 11:58 PM
Spurred on by the supposed change in policy of stopping the extra 20% cut, I went to K-Mart today and once again easily picked up both Leaders for $54.45. I have a spare Bulkhead for whoever wants one.

jaydisc
25th September 2008, 07:21 AM
But Jaydisc thankyou! And 'Hi' to everyone else too!

You're welcome and welcome!