PDA

View Full Version : Popcultcha

SMHFConvoy
4th November 2015, 04:51 PM
Purchased motormaster over the weekend haven't been contacted about a tracking number or whether it has shipped - which their automated confirmation email said should happen.

So I emailed them and the automated response says that they'll review it in 2 to 4 days.

I find that unsatisfactory.

jazzcomp
17th November 2015, 10:30 AM
Purchased on Nov1 -> shipping notice on Nov 10 -> received on Nov 17.
All in all, ok for me.

Tha_Phantom
3rd February 2020, 11:16 AM
Purchased an item (Legacy Thunder Megazord) on the 24th of January (a Friday), they shipped it on the 29th (a Wednesday) and it showed up today. Item was very well packed and I got numerous emails including tracking info. Happy with my first experience with this store.

Omega Metro
3rd February 2020, 01:40 PM
Didn’t know this thread existed. I have done about 50+ orders and have never had and issue other than Star Wars Vintage Collection figures arriving squashed all the time. Happy to send replacements though.

Maruten
5th February 2020, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I've used them a stack of times and always been happy with every aspect of their service.

Batfan007
5th February 2020, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I've used them a stack of times and always been happy with every aspect of their service.

Same, dozens of orders over last couple years Stuff well packed. Bought 6" figres, big 1/4 NECA figures and one of them giant prop 1:1 gremlins and everything has always been well packed, sturdy boxes, shipping and yadda yadda always updates but I don't really pay attnention to as super reliable.

Literally the only online aussie stores I still use these days for toys.

Had a head of good discounts in their sales plus the rewards points I use every 2-3 months to get get a good deal.

Ralph Wiggum
5th February 2020, 07:29 PM
I use Popcultcha as they don?t ask for full upfront preorder payments (for Hot Toys at least). There is no penalty for cancelling a preorder, other than the money being retained as store credit.

Batfan007
13th February 2020, 01:46 PM
I use Popcultcha as they don?t ask for full upfront preorder payments (for Hot Toys at least). There is no penalty for cancelling a preorder, other than the money being retained as store credit.

they don't?
Is that just for items over a certain price?
When I've pre-ordered things the payment was in full. I usually wait till their merch is in stock.

Ralph Wiggum
13th February 2020, 02:31 PM
they don't?
Is that just for items over a certain price?
When I've pre-ordered things the payment was in full. I usually wait till their merch is in stock.

Depends on what you?re purchasing I suppose. A quick check shows small items like pop vinyls are preordered in full, whilst more pricey stuff (like Hot Toys) which are several hundred dollars have a preorder option of $100 deposit.

Batfan007
19th February 2020, 08:59 PM
Depends on what you?re purchasing I suppose. A quick check shows small items like pop vinyls are preordered in full, whilst more pricey stuff (like Hot Toys) which are several hundred dollars have a preorder option of $100 deposit.

Thanks for explaining. I looked up random pricey thing...."Batman statue" and yes that is the case for items of a certain amount. I don't know what amount, but at least I can see that option there now. It still does not let you layby or afterpay any pre-order stuff also, which is the other thing I was looking at.
Probably a sensible thing to avoid issues if an item is cancelled etc.

-

Got a box of stuff in this week from Popculture, some ML. Pop C in one of the few places I still trust in oz online retail for collectibles.
Big box was padded with smaller empty PopV boxes around it keeping everything pristine. I open everything and chuck most boxes but I will keep the x men combo box as it looks cool with the comics art on it.

Usual strong tape around the outside of box and 3 big flaps folded over flat - strong cardboard.

https://i.imgur.com/vCqZDAs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9Db8j43.jpg

XMan
25th November 2020, 04:56 AM
Has anyone heard or received orders from 'em lately? I know they redesigned their site that just went to sh*t but now they're not responding to emails or processing orders.
I know they're in VIC but on the FAQs section they said that will not cause problems.

I've ordered two in stock items over two weeks, kindly asked for an update aaannndddddd nothing

Gehirn
25th November 2020, 09:18 AM
I had to do file a dispute with paypal to finally get a response. However that was a couple months ago.

XMan
25th November 2020, 10:32 AM
I had to do file a dispute with paypal to finally get a response. However that was a couple months ago.

The hell?! They use to be so reliable, I like to support aussie retail but not if their customer service continues to be piss poor.

Auscon
8th December 2020, 02:32 AM
I made a couple of orders with them for the first time late Oct, both for a selection of in stock items. Mixed bag as far as experience using them is concerned; main issue I've found is the condition of the items they send.

Each order took about 2 weeks before it was shipped, but once shipped they arrived quickly. Saw the note on their homepage about change they had made to their systems/covid impact etc and to allow more time so I didn't chase them up about either of thos orders (didn't seem to impact Little Toy Companys ability to get orders out quickly from Melb though).

In both shipments though they sent items with damaged packaging - no damage to the box they sent/was well packed, so they were clearly damaged before they put them in the box. I only bothered to chase them up about the worst of them though, Siege Springer was in really bad shape - after seeing all the complaints about not getting any responses to emails I expected to have to phone them, but to their credit they replied within days and offered a $30 voucher (given it was their last Springer so replacement not an option).

Jaxius._
9th December 2020, 08:52 AM
Still waiting for news on Tigertrack which was due in November
No updates from popcultcha. Might email them later

Batfan007
9th December 2020, 04:19 PM
Their TF still is ALWAYS late on there, got my Tigertrack on amazon.
I mainly buy marvel legends on pop and they have arrived fine all year with no real delays.
I don't order TF anthing on there as it's often 3-6 months past due whatever ETA they have.

I rarely put in a customer inquiry for anything but average time I find (for email submission / site form) is around two weeks.

Overall I find them reliable to order from.
Did get some DC McF stuff that I pre-ordered at least a month before the ETA (to get a BAF) and they only shipped 2 of the three figures, leaving me with an incomplete BAF.

I checked the site, and the ETA for the figure that I think they got SOME of in November, was now bumped to February! So I guess they were under-suppliied or over-sold what they had in the store, otherwise how do you not fulfil a pre-order when other figures of the same wave all arrived?

Jaxius._
17th December 2020, 10:41 PM
December is approaching a close as is 2020 (thank god) in just over a week

Still no news on Tigertrack....

Anyone know if there’s supply issues my email never got replied to

Batfan007
24th December 2020, 02:32 PM
Called the actual (main) store in VIC last week RE the missing figure. Apparently the didn't get any from the supplier, so it got pushed to next year.

I'm still a little doubtful they didn't get any at all, as they got whole rest of the McF Batman wave, why would the supplier leave out just ONE figure makes no sense if you are sending an international shipment of cases to a major seller/supplier such as popc in oz. I mean did the sender in USA open and remove them? Just trying to imagine how else it could.
I think it' more likely thet did't get enough and sold what they had, and given they have many employees, most folks might have never even seen it.

Bit odd, and total speculation but whatever.

Jaxius._
4th March 2021, 01:16 PM
It's now march has anyone who ordered Tigertrack received theirs from Popcultcha?
Might give them a ring tonight to find out whats going on

Omega Metro
4th March 2021, 02:28 PM
It's now march has anyone who ordered Tigertrack received theirs from Popcultcha?

I actually cancelled mine this morning as I had Leader Grimlock with that order but wanted to get it from Amazon because it was cheaper. According to ‘Mike’, they are possibly getting Tigertrack in ‘days or weeks’. Will just keep my eye on the listing until it arrives and buy it again.

VERT
5th March 2021, 10:40 PM
Not sure if it's Tigertrack but one of my orders got shipped today.

Omega Metro
11th March 2021, 02:42 PM

Tigertrack is finally in stock now

Jaxius._
11th March 2021, 03:57 PM
Tigertrack is finally in stock now

Hopefully he arrives soon then

Omega Metro
11th March 2021, 05:40 PM
Hopefully he arrives soon then

Yeah. Maybe have to redo another order as Gen Selects Deep Cover is in stock now too.:D

Handsprime
16th March 2021, 09:02 AM
Ordered both Red Wing and the Soundwave Cassettes off them (plus Pop Vinyl Jetfire eariler this year). No issues so I'm happy with them.

Jaxius._
16th March 2021, 03:16 PM
Tigertrack got posted today finally, should be here in a week or so

Sutton
29th March 2021, 04:21 PM
Got Megatron, spy tapes and Gigawatt the other week. They can be a little pricier than some but they've been reliable so far and always well packaged.

ComradeRenko
21st September 2021, 09:37 AM
Shattered Glass Megatron and Starscream arrived today. Quite impressed with the speed of delivery, seeing as it was posted on Friday from another State away.

DarkAxalonSyde
2nd March 2022, 09:34 PM
As I'm new around here, I thought I'd share my experience with Popcultcha. I've ordered from them a couple of times over the past two years. Both orders were sent out reasonably fast and arrived as they should. Overall, they seem reliable.