PDA

View Full Version : New JP Advanced Sideswipe

griffin
14th November 2015, 12:17 PM
Just like the random Movie toys that show up as redecos years later (eg Nightmare TF2 Megatron from Japan just a couple months ago), another one has appeared (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/11/13/takara-tomy-transformers-movie-advanced-sideswipe-exclusive-305259), with a release date of tomorrow from RobotKingdom... but could be an Asian exclusive, as there has been no sign of this mentioned in Japan.

It is the TF3 Sideswipe (no roof version) with a new silvery deco, and several weapons, including guns from the TF2 Sideswipe and TF4 Crosshairs.
A real mixed bag.

The designation of this toy is just EX instead of a number, and has in Kanji "Gen tei hin" which means Limited.
If it is exclusive to somewhere or a business, we don't know yet.

DELTAprime
14th November 2015, 12:22 PM
If I still liked Bayformers I'd get this. I actually did a custom out of the Hasbro version so it was silver instead of dull grey. It would have been nice to have this back in the day.

UltimateGalvatron
15th November 2015, 08:23 AM
Its...its beautiful...

GOD DAMN IT. I am trying to get rid of Bayformers...not buy more.

ampoldj
15th November 2015, 06:19 PM
This would be a great at addition at my DOTM shelf :D

Bladestorm
16th November 2015, 01:38 PM
It came out here on Saturday as I've been seeing pictures of him on one of the Hong Kong groups.

He looks amazing both in vehicle and robot mode and if I see him in stores I think he'll be joining the Christmas stash for my son as Sideswipe is one of his favourite Bay movie characters.

UltraMarginal
16th November 2015, 04:11 PM
i'm pretty happy with my backpacktastic Human alliance sideswipe. the finish on this guy is nice though. very shiny

Lint
17th November 2015, 08:47 PM
It would have been nice to have this back in the day.

Not much else to say apart from this.

CyberiusPrime
24th November 2015, 09:03 PM
I quite like the look of this figure.
Perhaps Toys R Us will do a release like they did with Stinger

But we can only hope i guess

FruitBuyer
26th November 2015, 04:07 PM
I quite like the look of this figure.
Perhaps Toys R Us will do a release like they did with Stinger

But we can only hope i guess

Me too, he has a pretty snazzy paint scheme which is pleasing on the eyes. If he is bought over by TRU and at the same price-point as Stinger then I'd seriously consider him.

griffin
28th November 2015, 02:17 PM
Looks like this toy is a ToysRUs exclusive in Japan (http://www.toysrus.co.jp/s/dsg-523814500), to be released today (November 28th), and RobotKingdom must have just managed to acquire some stock before its release date.
The JP ToysRUs price is rather hefty though, for a Deluxe, priced at 3,300yen (which is about AU$40... significantly more than the regular Deluxe pricing of 2500-2700yen, for some silver on some panels and extra weapons).

Some in-hand images have been posted up (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/11/27/movie-advance-sideswipe-hand-release-information-306155), with the mirrored official images from the JP ToysRUs website.