PDA

View Full Version : Combiner wars deluxe wave 6 packaging images

G1Optimal
13th December 2015, 09:04 PM
Pre orders up at bigbadtoystore

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/12/13/combiner-wars-deluxe-wave-6-pre-orders-stock-images-306730

Source:www.tfw2005.com

Zommael
13th December 2015, 09:13 PM
I'm liking that these include some pretty significant retools. Makes me more interested in this wave than the Optimus Maximus wave.

Starscream77
13th December 2015, 09:17 PM
That Hound alt mode is horrible

Facepunches
13th December 2015, 09:48 PM
What is with the lack of paint and colour of Wheeljack???

Handsprime
13th December 2015, 10:10 PM
Wheel Jack looks like an oversized legends toy

Other
14th December 2015, 10:32 AM
Waves up at Premium Collectables now

Lint
14th December 2015, 12:47 PM
Just goes to prove that just about anything looks good in Smokescreen's colours :D

BigTransformerTrev
15th December 2015, 01:36 PM
They have out of pack images over at Seibertron now.

Hound looks ok, Trailbreaker looks ok, Wheeljack looks crap in robot mode and Smokescreen looks brilliant in vehicle mode.

Overall a fairly average lot of toys - still wont be able to pass them up though :D

Bidoofdude
15th December 2015, 03:05 PM
They all look pretty nice (though Wheeljack just needs better paint apps), but I'll only get Smokescreen.

DELTAprime
15th December 2015, 07:50 PM
Not a fan of Wheeljack, hopefully Takara Tomy will go with a better layout on their version when they get around to it sometime in the future.

spiderken17
15th December 2015, 08:06 PM
Meh, the whole CW series has way too many retools for my liking, each tooling makes about 3-4 different characters and there is little variety to be had.

Sinnertwin
15th December 2015, 09:27 PM
Just when I thought it was over
😒

UltimateGalvatron
16th December 2015, 05:06 PM
Hound and Smokescreen look awesome. Trailbreaker looks ok, and I am actually surprised how much I like Wheeljack.

If ever end up building one of these Autobot combiners it will be;

Sky Lynx for Torso
Smokescreen and Prowl for Arms
Hound and Ironhide for legs

Zommael
17th December 2015, 03:29 PM
It seems like the fandom reaction to Combiner Wars has gone from being "wow, best Generations toys ever" (a sentiment I'm inclined to agree with) to "OMG way too many repaints". I have to wonder, if the moulds are really that good, why do people care that they're being reused?

The complaints are often accompanied by some pejorative statement about how the repaints/remoulds are "lazy" or "uninspired". To my mind the mould reuse in CW has been some of the most creative and interesting we've ever seen. Rather than just having Sunstreaker and Sideswipe as redecoes or yet another set of G1 coloured seekers that look exactly the same as they did in the 1980s, Hasbro have given us new combiners, characters who weren't originally combiners acquiring that power, and yet the fans complain about it being "lazy". What exactly constitutes a repaint or remould with "effort" to the fandom?

I really ought to give up. I've been collecting hardcore and participating online since the days of the Unicron Trilogy, and yet I still see the same ridiculous complaints about even initially well-received series. I just wish the prevailing attitude among enthusiasts for Transformers was enthusiasm.