Released here - not yet
Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$30) US$17
Approximate Size - 15cm
Allegiance - Combaticon
Alt-mode – Fighter Jet
Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
Main Colours – Brown, Black, Purple
Main Accessories – Rifle, combiner fist/foot/cannon

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/DSCF4025_zpsnvbfprv2.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/DSCF4025_zpsnvbfprv2.jpg.html)

Robot Mode
Oh geez – they didn’t even give him a new face! The body looks ok’ish but he looks like an Aerialbot dressed up as a Combaticon for a Halloween party!

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/DSCF4055_zps5q1se3kv.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/DSCF4055_zps5q1se3kv.jpg.html)

Vehicle Mode
He’s a fighter jet now :(. A stinkin plane :mad:. Maybe it makes more sense given the rest of the Combaticons alt-modes (it did always seem odd to have four military vehicles and a space shuttle) but Blast Off was always distinctive as being one of two Con space shuttles from season 2, not yet another jet that there were already plenty of. Dissapointing. I’ll be hoping Takara remedies this. You can put his big rifle under the wing to approximate what the G1 toy did but you really need a second one for the look. The only positive is that they did the colour very well.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b615/BigAngryTrev/DSCF4064_zpsqyjutmnk.jpg (http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/BigAngryTrev/media/DSCF4064_zpsqyjutmnk.jpg.html)

Transformation
Transforms like an Aerialbot

Overall
They really just phoned this in and went to bugger all effort - except for the colour scheme nothing about this toy says Blast Off. Don’t get this figure unless you want to make Bruticus. Go get FOC Blast Off instead.

DELTAprime
16th December 2015, 08:16 PM
Really hoping UW Blastoff is a god damn space shuttle.

ILikeSoundwave
16th December 2015, 09:11 PM
I really would've liked Blast Off to be a space shuttle but I got to say this one doesn't look so bad, quite nice imo.

UltimateGalvatron
16th December 2015, 09:15 PM
I really would've liked Blast Off to be a space shuttle but I got to say this one doesn't look so bad, quite nice imo.

This

Handsprime
16th December 2015, 09:38 PM
Personally, I think this is really lazy. Could've slightly retooled it so it looks like blast off, but in the end it's just slingshot in blast offs colors. I'm still picking him up because he'll look great as a part of Bruticus.

Magnus
16th December 2015, 11:27 PM
I don't mind the fact that Blast-off is now a fighter jet; it makes sense to have a fighter plane in a team composed of military vehicles. I don't even mind the fact that it's the Fireflight/Slingshot mould. This issue for me is this:

Personally, I think this is really lazy. Could've slightly retooled it so it looks like blast off, but in the end it's just slingshot in blast offs colors.

A new head would've been enough; a new chest and lower legs would've been better.

5FDP
16th December 2015, 11:28 PM
Joining with the chorus of - if he ain't a shuttle, he ain't Blast Off.

DarkHyren
17th December 2015, 04:20 AM
Trukk not munky! :p

In all seriousness now. I'm in two minds over this. On the one hand it does make more sense for blast off to be a military vehicle like his comrades, but on the other blast off has always been a space shuttle so not being one doesn't seem quite right.

At the end of the day though I'll still get him, if only to complete Bruticus

liegeprime
17th December 2015, 08:19 AM
Well as I mentioned in the classic vs g1 thread, iI got him but dissapointed in the fzct that they didnt even make a new head for the guy. It's as Trev said, straight repaint. But, hey we need him to form Bruticus... and so far he's the only combiner whose 6th "member" isnt going to be a limb bot you can exchange - cw shockwave, so we don't get a new bot at all like Rook or Alpha Bravo.... a new head was all the effort I wanted, Im okay with him being a fighter jet, but man, a new head shouldve been done, he aint supposed to have a mouth.

GoktimusPrime
19th December 2015, 12:10 AM
Does anyone else have an issue with Blast Off's cockpit section not sitting flush? I noticed that it's not sitting flush in Trev's photo, and mine has the same problem.

liegeprime
19th December 2015, 07:08 AM
did you reverse his head 180º so that its doing a Linda Blair? I do that to mine and the cock pit fits just right in that way.

christalcase
19th December 2015, 07:54 PM
Does anyone else have an issue with Blast Off's cockpit section not sitting flush? I noticed that it's not sitting flush in Trev's photo, and mine has the same problem.

When I first transformed mine, it kept popping out but I managed to force it to stay eventually.

dirge
20th December 2015, 12:49 PM
I guess I get to be "that guy". I'm glad Blast Off finally _fits_ in the Combaticon theme properly.

I do agree that he should have seen his face resculpted (even IF Slingshot's face does work as Blast Off).

Mine's still in transit, but I suspect I'll be very happy with Blast Off.

prjkt
22nd December 2015, 11:27 PM
I guess I get to be "that guy". I'm glad Blast Off finally _fits_ in the Combaticon theme properly.

I do agree that he should have seen his face resculpted (even IF Slingshot's face does work as Blast Off).

Mine's still in transit, but I suspect I'll be very happy with Blast Off.
I kinda agree with you there - especially after re-watching the G1 episode where Starscream makes him out of a WWII style prop-driven plane

GoktimusPrime
23rd December 2015, 12:32 AM
Onslaught: "Combaticons, unite!"
Vortex: "Uh, where's Blast-Off?"
Blast-Off: (over comms) "I'm currently re-entering Earth's atmosphere. I'll be in your position in an hour."
Swindle: "AN HOUR?!?"
Brawl: "Screw this. Let's just surrender and go watch Star Wars."
Hot Spot: "I'm down with that."
Blades: "I've already seen it, but I wanna see it again!"
Groove: "Must we always watch something with violence---"
Streetwise: "Fine, Groove and First Aid can go watch the Peanuts movie. The rest of us are gonna watch Star Wars!"
First Aid: "Don't forget to switch off our phones!"

<the Combaticons and Protectobots move out together singing the Imperial March>

<1 hour later>

Blast-Off: "Onslaught? Brawl? Why aren't you guys taking my calls?!"

Dimi194
23rd December 2015, 08:35 AM
Having no G1 connection, I have no issues with Blast Off being a Jet (and I love the mold so even better).

Not having Slingshot means I don't have this configuration of the mold, so no fatigue here!

Good addition to the Combaticons :)

BigTransformerTrev
24th December 2015, 02:56 PM
I kinda agree with you there - especially after re-watching the G1 episode where Starscream makes him out of a WWII style prop-driven plane

Yeah but I liked how in the G1 S3 Episode 'Surprise Party' Blast Off was used to ferry the other Combaticons to and from a surprise attack on Cybertron. I wish they had used him in that fashion more often - if Astrotrain can carry dozens of Cons it made perfect sense for Blast Off to act as transport for the smaller elite combat unit

KingGrimlock
28th December 2015, 05:33 PM
Just picked him up and since I dont have slingshot its a new headsculpt for me! Speaking of, I dig it, the colors on this guy are done pretty well. As for the jet mode it's understandable he is a jet when compared to the rest of the team, plus the comic bio gave a fair reason as to why he is now a jet. As far as remolds go that have no differences besides colors its nice that they put effort into telling us why he is like this.

dirge
30th December 2015, 11:53 PM
Mine arrived today from BBTS & now that I've opened him...

...colours are spot on. This is Blast Off.

... face is decent for Blast Off, and while a resculpt would have been nice, the colours are done that well that I don't mind - I'm impressed the canopy matches the shuttle windows from G1.

Overall, I'm happy. He's finally not a brown shuttle & now a combat plane. And yeah the face could have been something different, but it's not a deal breaker.

GoktimusPrime
31st December 2015, 10:44 PM
On like Donkey Kong!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Combiner%20Wars/cw_combaticons_blastoff0_zpsq61godrd.jpg

Paulbot
31st December 2015, 11:59 PM
On like Donkey Kong!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Combiner%20Wars/cw_combaticons_blastoff0_zpsq61godrd.jpg

Only noticed when I saw this photo in the Action Pose thread that Blast Off has Slingshot's head (As Trev noted in the first post).

BigTransformerTrev
2nd January 2016, 11:01 AM
I don't mind the fact that Blast-off is now a fighter jet; it makes sense to have a fighter plane in a team composed of military vehicles.

I gotta admit, I lined up all the new Combaticons next to each other in their alt-modes and Blast Off's new jet mode does look like it fits in with the rest of the team really well. I'll have to post some pics. :)

That said, I'll still be hoping for a Takara version with Blast Off as a shuttle again as well ;)