PDA

View Full Version : G1 Encore Ironhide and Ratchet head set: Anyone try these?

Eruntalon
22nd September 2008, 03:50 AM
I'm about to acquire both G1 Ironhide and G1 Ratchet for the first time within the next week and then I stumbled upon this whilst browsing ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180291674452&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

I know that these two Transformers both originally came with cardboard head pieces. I was just wondering if anyone else here has used similar items on their own G1 Ironhide and Ratchet figures, or what the quality of these aftermarket pieces are like. I don't know what the heads of the Encore editions of these two Autobots are like and whether they resemble the pieces that I've linked to, so any other details regarding these newer head pieces would be great.

liegeprime
22nd September 2008, 08:50 AM
Ask Juzmel she already has it on her figures. I ordered 4 of these but its with kup ATM and will claim it once we meet , prolly around Nov. for the Parra Fair meet. Apparently its quite good ( or so Im told) which is why I ordered 4.:D:D
They clip on the robot seat and fold down when transforming in vehicle mode so you dont have ta remove em. Which is neat coz you dont have to store em somewhere when the fig is in vehicle mode.

Kyle
22nd September 2008, 09:47 AM
This Shanghai seller's price (at least the item itself) is much better than what I could get. It looks like he's operating from Australia as well.

JuzMel
22nd September 2008, 10:49 AM
heeheehee :D JuzMel here... Yeah that ebay listing that you saw, the price is actually much better than what I paid for from an online toy store. I paid about AUD$25 for mine shipped. And if you want to see how they look like on the figures, check out Kyle thread:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1869&highlight=encore+ratchet+ironhide+heads

I took a close up photo of the heads with my figures too, but I can't remember exactly which Acquisition thread I posted on. I think most probably August one. I like the heads, the make the figure look more complete and they even fold in nicely when you transform them back to vehicle mode.

Eruntalon
22nd September 2008, 12:43 PM
I'll make a note to search the other similar threads next time. Thanks.

Zippo
4th October 2008, 05:42 PM
Got a set incoming from Singapore... Can't wait to try them.

TheDirtyDigger
7th October 2008, 02:50 PM
I've got them and I think they're excellent for that G1 cartoon feel.