PDA

View Full Version : BotCon registration update - now aimed for mid-January

griffin
19th December 2015, 02:20 AM
The Collector Club sent out an email today, letting us know that the registration for BotCon that was originally planned for November, is now pushed back to mid-January.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year!

We are still finalizing the registration system move to the new server. This has taken longer than expected due to issues with the old programmer. Their non-cooperation has caused us to have to rebuild the original version of the registration software from back-ups.

We do not want to impact your Christmas funds as we are entirely too close at this point to start registration. The current plan is open registration in mid-January.

We hope this relieves any anxiety you may have concerning BotCon registration and helps with your funds planning.

Thanks for your support and have a great holiday season!

Brian

That gives people here more time to save up (for attending or a non-attendee set), but hopefully they sort out the problems right now, and not leave it until mid-January to then have to waste more time fixing the bugs.

(not surprising that we are over half way through December to be told that the November registration has been delayed... and not hear anything from the Club for over a month, killing off any momentum or hype they generated during the boxset reveals)

UltimateGalvatron
19th December 2015, 07:57 AM
How much would you be looking at for a non-attendee set roughly?

Trent
19th December 2015, 10:42 AM
So are we gonna start a bet as to when registration will actually go up?

I say mid March.

griffin
19th December 2015, 11:51 AM
How much would you be looking at for a non-attendee set roughly?

Same price as the attendee registration (US$399), but postage is extra... which someone else here will need to say what it has cost them in the past. (I think about $70, but that's just a guess)

Deonasis
19th December 2015, 01:23 PM
"old programmer" "new server" "non-cooperation" :eek:

FunPub has such rotten luck with SAME THINGS EVERY YEAR. Nothing changes. Just rotten luck i suppose. :rolleyes:

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st December 2015, 09:12 PM
Their non-cooperation has caused us to have to rebuild the original
Ha ha ha. I wonder if FunPub can do anything without hassles? I suspect that the original programmers "non-cooperation" is due to FP's large derp-level

UltraMarginal
22nd December 2015, 10:00 AM
derp level, or perhaps they didn't like dealing with Brian.
or even worse they haven't been paid for all their work yet... This is just pure speculation.