PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Earth wars has landed

Wormz
25th December 2015, 02:39 AM
Hey all just a heads up that the mobile game Transformers: Earth Wars is up and ready to download..

Here is the link to the google play store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.backflipstudios.transformersearthwa rs

CBratron
25th December 2015, 08:27 AM
I just tried it this fine Christmas morn. I didn't like it.

Felt like they had taken a preexisting game and gave it a bad TF paintjob. The music was cheap synth and the treadmilling was blatantly obvious as soon as I was past the tutorial. Whoever made it is not a Transformers fan.This is a game made using a checklist of requirements from Hasbro.
Battle Tactics was also a 'repaint' of an preexisting game but at least it incorporated transforming and made an effort to look and sound right.

crankcase76
25th December 2015, 01:29 PM
Just checked ITunes, not there?? How about a link.:)

ZoonMaster5000
25th December 2015, 01:51 PM
Just checked ITunes, not there?? How about a link.:)

I checked the App Store too it's not there so I reckon iOS might be few days behind

Wormz
25th December 2015, 02:21 PM
Im playing on android at the moment but i have added the link to the original comment

Facepunches
25th December 2015, 03:19 PM
Just selected Decepticon team... Name is Facepunches. Hit me up for a game :)

Thurmus
27th December 2015, 12:35 AM
I am enjoying it so far. I am an Autobot team. I am on there as Thurmus.

MayzaPrime
27th December 2015, 07:40 PM
I think we should start a OTCA team

Thurmus
27th December 2015, 08:18 PM
If you can tell me how I am in. I think you need to be Level 4 to for Alliances.

Wheelie
27th December 2015, 08:43 PM
Still can't find it in the Apple Store.....

mknell
27th December 2015, 08:48 PM
I played it the last couple of days I am enjoying it so far just on level 6

Wormz
27th December 2015, 10:10 PM
I think we should start a OTCA team

I have just started one called OTCA Decepticons

Feel free to jump onboard..

MayzaPrime
28th December 2015, 08:46 PM
I have just started one called OTCA Decepticons

Feel free to jump onboard..

Cool, I joined... I think we are the only 2 in the alliance

Wormz
28th December 2015, 09:04 PM
Cool, I joined... I think we are the only 2 in the alliance

Haha dont leave me.. Na I'm sure we will grow in our ranks

Thurmus
28th December 2015, 09:41 PM
I couldn't find it. Will try again.

Thurmus
28th December 2015, 09:44 PM
Is it because I am an Autobot?

Wormz
29th December 2015, 12:42 AM
Is it because I am an Autobot?

Possibly.. i could be wrong but i believe that may be the case

Thurmus
29th December 2015, 07:17 PM
I will create an OTCA Autobots alliance then.

valkyrie_76
30th December 2015, 12:01 AM
I will create an OTCA Autobots alliance then.

Just sent a message in joining up.......and I didnt give much details either :rolleyes:

.........dumbarse that I am :D

Thurmus
30th December 2015, 12:21 AM
Can you resend. My stupid fingers accidentaly swiped straight past you.

Thanks

Wheelie
1st January 2016, 08:22 PM
Is this coming out on the iPhone?

Firestorm
15th January 2016, 02:27 AM
Now available on the AppStore

-Edit-
While messing about in the game and seeing what I could find I came across some interesting images

http://i65.tinypic.com/2rc5sty.jpg

Could this confirm we are FINALLY getting legends Kickback to go with Bombshell from Combiner Wars and Skrapnel from thrilling 30? Or is that just wishful thinking?
Bear in mind that another transformers game (battle tactics) gave us our first looks at Viper and Cyclonus before they were officially revealed.
Also is that decepticon on the left Brawl Or someone else?

UltraMarginal
15th January 2016, 11:07 AM
I need to spend some time playing this. see if it knocks boom beach off my playlist.

Wheelie
16th January 2016, 11:26 AM
Made the request to join autonomy alliance

simon_marklar
16th January 2016, 11:42 AM
I've been playing since boxing day. It's your typical base builder with wars, but with a transformers skin. I'm megacron in "The Empire" alliance.

Apparently its still being developed and can be considered in beta, A few balancing issues aside, I'm having fun.

Unlike the MP line, skywarp is the most easy to obtain con. Every single time I cash in a crystal its bloody skywarp or kickback :\ I want shockwave, dangnabbit.

Jaxius._
16th January 2016, 12:31 PM
that's a brawl redeco and kickback I hope

Hugi
19th January 2016, 10:04 AM
Only just started and joined the Autobots fraction. As someone who has been playing battle nations for many years(not so much as the game is dying), this game pretty much reminds me of it with very similar concepts. Another game top play while playing HS.

Wheelie
19th January 2016, 01:03 PM
Just requested to join the otca autobots alliance again, can i get an acceptance?

Hugi
19th January 2016, 04:01 PM
Request to OTCA Autobots sent.

Wheelie
19th January 2016, 08:17 PM
Does anybody monitor the alliance requests?

Juggernaut
20th January 2016, 09:45 AM
If the otca one fills up or people are looking for something different, there's another one called

TCA UNITE

For Autobots. They are looking for active members who participate in the actual wars against other alliances

Wheelie
22nd January 2016, 06:26 PM
As there has been no movement in the otca alliance, I'll be off to join another alliance, let me know if anything changes

Thurmus
22nd January 2016, 09:40 PM
I don't know how to do anything with the Autobot alliance and we only have 5 people so it is probably best to disband and go on out way.

Wormz
23rd January 2016, 07:19 PM
I don't know how to do anything with the Autobot alliance and we only have 5 people so it is probably best to disband and go on out way.

Basically the same deal with decepticons.. only two of us

MayzaPrime
24th January 2016, 01:47 AM
Basically the same deal with decepticons.. only two of us

I left... sadly noone besides Wormz and my mate (madtitties) joined

I was hoping more would join... 😭

BigTransformerTrev
30th April 2016, 10:44 PM
I've only just started playing a week ago, disappointed there is no longer an Ozformers team to join :(

mknell
1st May 2016, 07:24 AM

I think I'm in that one, maybe we should organise some groups better on here

Juggernaut
1st May 2016, 08:08 AM
The developers f-cked this game

Was a lot of fun until they added bot cool downs and changed up the resources etc

I'm just about to leave my alliance due to no one playing.

If there's enough interest here, write ur name below if ur interested in starting a new alliance, and intend on playing the wars

Juggernaut

BigTransformerTrev
1st May 2016, 08:15 AM
If there's enough interest here, write ur name below if ur interested in starting a new alliance, and intend on playing the wars

Juggernaut

BTT

simon_marklar
1st May 2016, 03:27 PM
I've been having a lot of fun on it recently. It got pretty shit when cool downs were introduced (wasn't that the point of the fuel cells?), only being able to play once every 40 minutes

Since they added new bots I've gotten so many that I can play for an hour or more in one sitting. I'm one bot away from having all the constructicons (need long haul, I don't think he's actually in the game yet) and the latest story mode just gave me some relic that will lead to being able to combine, so that's good.

But it seems like many people have stopped playing because of the cool downs ruining it.

I'm megacron in Open Rebellion (Decepticons)

Wormz
1st May 2016, 04:38 PM
I held out for a while but i got pretty jack of the cooldowns.. I had 9 out the 10 bots available so i could only do two battles and then have to wait.. But the idea of more bots being available I might look into a come back

BigTransformerTrev
4th May 2016, 09:15 AM
Stupid damn thing. Spent a day building up enough Energon to build a laser cannon, then quite literally as my finger decends to press the build button I get attacked and 30k of my 55k gets stolen! That will take forever to build back up - how come when I'm still at only level 14 I can have 30000 Energon stolen in one hit but I can only nick like 2000 when I raid someone else? :confused::mad:

WeallscreamforStarscream
4th May 2016, 10:55 AM
character cool down times have gotten better. BigTransformerTrev i know exactly what you're saying.. really annoying, it happened to me.

reillyd
4th May 2016, 04:59 PM
I think I'm ready to give up playing now. I trained up Magna Pyra to the highest level possible, thinking new character its worth the effort. The missions were repetitive and kinda boring. But then I find she's level capped anyway and can't be upgraded further....... Kinda pointless, because all my other characters were level 28.

I think to unlock all the characters would take huge amounts of money, and its a gaming pay to play thing.

WeallscreamforStarscream
5th May 2016, 09:46 AM
i think im just going to max out my level 10 base. cbf doing more than that. the guys in my alliance are cool and keep the chat going.

but yes i'm losing interest just like the marvel heroes fighting game

griffin
6th June 2016, 12:55 AM
The Earth Wars has been officially launched (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/02/transformers-earth-wars-mobile-game-live-316372) (with press release and video trailer)... does that mean it has only been in a testing phase since December?

Simon Furman, who worked on the background story and some concepts of this game, has been interviewed by TFW here (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/02/tfw-interviews-simon-furman-transformers-earth-wars-316478), about the game and his past works.

Bato
6th June 2016, 11:22 AM
i pretty much stopped playing after finishing the storyline (Getting bumblebee IIRC?)

Hard to drum up interest when all there is to do is spam raid other players IMO.

griffin
17th November 2016, 07:47 PM
Looks like a public vote has resulted in this Transformers game winning (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/11/11/transformers-earth-wars-wins-game-year-2016-tiga-awards-328658)... which doesn't necessarily mean it is a great game (it might be), it's just that it's supporters were able to mobilise enough people to vote on it to win.

UltraMarginal
21st November 2016, 12:43 PM
based on news I've seen about game events on Seibertron.com I'm considering giving this another look. I stopped playing months ago.

WeallscreamforStarscream
21st November 2016, 02:21 PM
yeah its still a pretty cool game/ time killer :)

just don't go spending money on it. The stories i've heard about the $$$ dropped on this game to possibly get great bots is crazy.

i'm now at a maxxed out base 12 and have been for a while. thought i'd stop at 10 but 12 is much stronger and can take a beating and win in war.

griffin
10th April 2017, 07:18 PM
Despite all the attention going to the new game (Forged to Fight), the last one (Earth Wars) is still kicking along... and has introduced some Beast Wars characters (http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/04/06/transformers-earth-wars-beast-wars-saga-update-simon-furman-livestream-336780) (a little late to the 20th anniversary party).

Apparently you can only access the BW characters if you have reached a certain level in the game.

griffin
9th June 2017, 07:43 AM
The Earth Wars games app has celebrated one year (http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/07/transformers-earth-wars-1-year-anniversary-10m-downloads-340944) (despite being out 18 months), and clocking up 10 million downloads.

griffin
14th September 2017, 05:04 PM
A press release for the addition of Volcanicus (http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/09/13/official-press-release-dinobot-volcanicus-transformers-earth-wars-348933) (Vs Predaking), to the Earth Wars game.... including some official images and a promo video.

After only being officially revealed last weekend at HasCon, it looks like the Volcanicus character was being prepared for this big joint reveal some time ago.

BigTransformerTrev
13th July 2018, 09:11 PM
They have various music from the G1cartoon playing in the game at the moment - friggin loving it! Makes me battle so much harder! :D

They ever release that music on CD I’m totally getting it :cool:

griffin
4th June 2019, 09:56 PM
2-3 years later and the Earth Wars game continues being updated with new events and characters, with the latest two being the Titan Cities, Metroplex and Trypticon.
An intro video can be seen on youtube (https://youtu.be/HpVio4Af6K0), along with this one featuring special guest Simon Furman (https://youtu.be/nPNqagW-u5U).

KELPIE
5th June 2019, 08:45 AM
I dropped off this one when an update made it not work on my iPad.

I've since got a new iPad so maybe I could start up again, however I imagine I'm so far behind now it wouldn't be worth it.

griffin
12th October 2019, 06:56 PM
Is the game this good, or worth the expense?
According to the CEO of the company that produced the Transformers Earth Wars app game (https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/10/someone-spent-over-220000-in-microtransactions-on-a-transformers-game/), a person has spent about US$150,000 on in-game purchases.... that's over AU$220,000.

Someone has way too much money to waste... and what do they have of saleable value to show for it, or even to be famous for?

It is also disturbing to have the game industry to talk so casually about the software that identifies these big spenders, to help the game companies target them with offers to keep them spending. (similar to the gambling games that identify problem gamblers and send them free credits to keep them hooked, to then spend their own money when the freebies run out)

Thurmus
12th October 2019, 10:19 PM
I really like it. I have only bought some crystals once which was about $8. Everyone and everything else I have I have earnt over time. It is really beneficial if you can get in a faction that actually does events. For a couple of years I was in one who did bugger all. Now I am in one that tries in the events and I have been getting more rewards each time. The faction I am in has teams for people starting with Level 2 HQs. It

BigTransformerTrev
14th October 2019, 12:48 PM
I ended up getting sick of Forged to Fight (Mknell and Fatbot now run the team I created) but I've stuck with this game longer than any other mobile one. Like Thurmus I've made one small purchase once. Besides that it'll all been hard graft. My base is now fully upgraded - even the walls - and I've got a full team of 4*'s who have had their abilities upgraded to level 7. The team I am on hovers around the high silver and low gold league.

Yeah it's good fun in moderation. I still play a bit most days

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th October 2019, 02:40 PM
Is the game this good, or worth the expense?
According to the CEO of the company that produced the Transformers Earth Wars app game (https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/10/someone-spent-over-220000-in-microtransactions-on-a-transformers-game/), a person has spent about US$150,000 on in-game purchases.... that's over AU$220,000.

Someone has way too much money to waste... and what do they have of saleable value to show for it, or even to be famous for?

It is also disturbing to have the game industry to talk so casually about the software that identifies these big spenders, to help the game companies target them with offers to keep them spending. (similar to the gambling games that identify problem gamblers and send them free credits to keep them hooked, to then spend their own money when the freebies run out)

Let's hope that that person has that much money to waste. I think it's pretty disgusting they refer to their customers as whales as well. All I can say is when a game gets to that amount of money for someone, they have a problem. That interview you linked is also pretty disturbing on the way they view the players of the game...