PDA

View Full Version : How many more G1 toys do you need?

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2008, 09:30 AM
Only 2 more g1 toys from the American continuity left to get...

I wonder which 2 those are.

And for the rest of us whose Hasbro G1 collections are close to completion (close meaning, you can be bothered to count and list them here), how many more figures do you need, and which are they? And because we're in Australia, we'll include the European G1 (and G1.5) stuff too since they were sold here (which seems fairer to me than including US figures that weren't sold here - but let's just include them all ;)).

Mine are...
Mini-Spies (4)
The Deluxe Insecticons (4)
Sky Lynx (can't wait for that Encore reissue!)
Highbrow
Hardhead
Chromedome
Doublecross
Repugnus
Punch/Counterpunch
Autobot Clones (2)
Crosshairs
Targetmaster Blurr*
Slugfest
Targetmaster Cyclonus*
Targetmaster Scourge*
Grand Slam*
Raindance*
Hosehead
Siren
Ruckus
Crankcase
Beastbox*
Squawktalk*
Sky High* (Pretender)
Splashdown*
Skullgrin
Iguanus
Finback
Chainclaw*
Catilla
Snarler
Roadgrabber
Vroom
Crossblades
Roadblock
Countdown
Bumblebee (Action Master)
Inferno (Action Master)
Wheeljack (Action Master)
Sky Rocket*
Rad*
Rollout*
Jackpot*
Kick Off*
Megatron (Action Master)
Shockwave (Action Master)
Gutcruncher*
Starscream (Action Master)
Banzaitron
Construction Patrol (4)
Air Patrol (4)
Hot Rod Patrol (4)
Military Patrol (4)
Metro Squad (6)
Astro Squad (6)
Battlefield HQ (2)
Missile Launcher transport (2)
Cannon Transport (2)
Anti-Aircraft Base (2)
Powerflash*
Take Off*
Charger
Rumbler*
Circuit*
Slicer
Action Master Elites* (4)
Flame
Lightspeed
Overlord
Flash
Rescue Force (4)
EU Long Haul
EU Hook
EU Scrapper
EU Bonecrusher
Skyquake
(*indicates figures that I don't necessarily care about getting - no, I'm not a completist :p)

I count 115 there. :)

dirge
19th January 2008, 09:38 AM
I've never bothered counting the "European" G1 toys, because the definitions blur. Quite a few were released in both G1 and G2 packaging and since some were sold in a select few countries without appearing in any TF media, they're generally not considered G1. I'm missing maybe ten of those, but I'm not concerned anyway.

So... taking the most widely used definition of the G1 toyline (up to the end of 1990), I am missing:

Catilla (in the mail)
Doubledealer (in the mail)
Quickswitch (sourced, not yet sent)
Pretender Jazz (sourced, not yet sent)
Action Master Wheeljack (in the mail)
Action Master Grimlock (in the mail)

...and Action Master Prowl, whom I am still trying to track down.

Tiby
19th January 2008, 10:10 AM
Hmmmm... based on the parameters, I guess the EU Constructicons, that I am not fussed about.

Fungal Infection
19th January 2008, 10:47 AM
Since I'm only after the first 2 years worth of toys I only need Barrage, Chopshop and Ransack. So hard to find these C8 complete .

STL
19th January 2008, 11:19 AM
Wow. Collecting the Actionmasters as part of G1. I never really thought of it that way.

I don't think I get into them. They're like a poor man's revoltech. I have one or two I think in my collection, they're not very impressive. Only 1 I might chase down is Actionmaster Jazz cos it was my first Jazz and I loved the skateboard thing happening with it. Lots of memories of that as a kid. I think my parents picked it up at a garage sale for me.

Demonac
19th January 2008, 12:03 PM
The 2 I'm missing are:
Pretender Skyhammer, and Pretender Groundbreaker.
Both have been sourced, with 1 on the way, and the other almost on the way.

Of the 'Euro' toys, I'm missing Rumbler & Slicer. I consider all action masters part of g1, whereas the rest of the Euro toys I consider g1.5....not that I'm missing many, just the cab for Thunderclash.
If anyone can help with the last 3, I'd be most grateful!

benben2142
19th January 2008, 12:57 PM
You have to realize that reissues don’t count as g1 they count as a reissue not original g1 so now post what you’re missing from the original 1984-1990, because I know most of you count reissues as g1.

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2008, 01:55 PM
The thread doesn't say "how many more original G1 toys do you need?" it just says "how many G1 toys do you need?" - so reissues count! And some reissues were released during the G1 run, such as the Classic reissues. Okay, sure, the more recent reissues came out after G1 but they are reissues of G1 moulds. Do you consider yourself as NOT owning a G1 Galvatron? I would say you do. No, you don't own an original G1 Galvatron, but you do own a G1 Galvatron.

Fungal: this thread is called "how many more G1 toys do you need?" not "want" ;D So you have to also include G1 toys that you don't have even if you don't actually want them! :D All the figures on my needs list with the * are figures that I need but don't necessarily want. Maybe Chainclaw... but I really couldn't care less if I never got Rad. :p

Wow. Collecting the Actionmasters as part of G1. I never really thought of it that way.
Yeah, G1 is everything from 1984-1993 that wasn't labelled "Generation 2" and the reissues too, which are meant to be part of G1 (even if they're not originals).

For the purposes of this thread, we'll count "G1.5" (i.e. toys that were available in both G1 and G2 packaging).

P.S.: Remember that the Action Masters did appear in G1 continuity too!

http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/covers/uk325.jpg Action Master Grimlock beats the crap out of Fangry

http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/covers/uk331.jpg Prime's back - in Action Master form! :D

Gutsman Heavy
19th January 2008, 03:08 PM
I need lots, lots and lots.

Bartrim
19th January 2008, 06:18 PM
Smokescreen, Hot Spot, First Aid, Kup, Fastlane, Cloudbreaker and Crosshairs.

Thats what I have not what I need:p

dirge
19th January 2008, 08:00 PM
Goktimus, are you counting Rapido, Skram and the others (with two names each) as G1? Because the line relly blurs there? You can only count them as g1 if they have pink windows, not black ones...

[this is why I'm not worried about the "European" stuff, it's just too much of a grey area]

griffin
19th January 2008, 10:06 PM
Considering that the term 'Generation 1' (or Gen1, G1) was only coined by collectors after 'G2' started, so it really refers to anything prior to 'G2' for fans to distinguish between the two (because a number of G1 toys were released in G2).
G1.5 was also coined later to refer to the issue dirge raised, in that the European originated toys had blurred boundaries. So anything of that period that originated from UK Hasbro instead of US Hasbro or Takara, is referred to as G1.5, or EURO as I call them (which doesn't meant they were only in Europe, but because that's where they originated).

Fungal Infection
19th January 2008, 10:49 PM
Fungal: this thread is called "how many more G1 toys do you need?" not "want" ;D So you have to also include G1 toys that you don't have even if you don't actually want them! :D All the figures on my needs list with the * are figures that I need but don't necessarily want. Maybe Chainclaw... but I really couldn't care less if I never got Rad. :p

Well, I'm only collecting the complete set of first 2 years toys and I don't necessarily "want" or "need" the jumpstarters but I have them anyway because I "need" them to complete MY G1 collection of the first 2 years toys. Besides, if all I'm collecting is the first 2 years toys, and all I need is 3 toys from those years, you should be able to do the math and work out what I don't have (or rather "want" or "need") rather easily.

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2008, 10:53 PM
meh... I'll leave it up to everyone individually if you wanna include the Euro figures or not. :p

Paulbot
19th January 2008, 11:13 PM
I only need a couple of hundred (too many to name personally) but although I'm slowly picking up some up I often find myself too disappointed that they don't live up to the promise after looking at pictures of them for 20+ years.

roller
19th January 2008, 11:13 PM
euro g1 must be included, if you dont include them you are a bad bad person who hates order and democracy

it makes sense to include them

anyone who disagrees may step outside into the dark carpark

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2008, 11:25 PM
will there be peanuts out there?

liegeprime
19th January 2008, 11:26 PM
Er so it includes wants as well then? as long as its G1...

Well here goes.. wants, needs, holy grails, dreams, ambitions, whatever

Fort Max - sigh one can dream...
Omega Supreme
Thunderwing
Crossblades
Reflector
Vroom
Skyhammer
Overlord - is he included - he's G1 isnt he - Japan
Carnivac
Snarler
Iguanus
Finback
Splashdown
Groundbreaker
Squawktalk
Grandslam
Raindance
Weirdwolf
Apeface
Countdown
Groundshake
Bludgeon ( ive got him already but he's incomplete so I still need to get a complete one)
dial*
graphy*
saur*
noise*

* good luck with these hahah (nelson)

.... there still about 20+ figures (mostly Action masters and Micromasters) I probably don't have but these are all I know, that I want to get for my collection. Pretty much after this I'm quite content with the G1 part of my collection ( of course I'm not saying this as an absolute or set in stone, heheheh) :D
I do get carried away in buying G1 stuff most of the time though....

benben2142
20th January 2008, 01:55 AM
Yes but reissue is a diffrent line.

dirge
20th January 2008, 02:13 AM
benben, I would suggest this is an argument you cannot win. I do understand where you are coming from, but most fans would consider an original Smokescreen and a reissue Smokescreen as interchangeable. They _are_ the same toy, afterall - and the two toys are virtually identical, loose.

You're entitled to your point of view, but most fans take the opposing view. Neither stance is really wrong or right, but consensus will disagree with you on this one.

griffin
20th January 2008, 03:36 AM
My US G1 collection may be complete, but if you count JP G1 and Euro G1.5, I am still missing about 46 figures:
http://www.otca.com.au/tfwantlist.txt

GoktimusPrime
20th January 2008, 08:50 AM
Yes but reissue is a diffrent line.
I never said it wasn't. As I said before - it may not be original G1 (and nobody is saying that they are) but it is G1 nevertheless and this thread never specified original G1.

And I also forgot to include in my list of needs:
Fangry
Horri-Bull
Squeezeplay

Tiby
21st January 2008, 11:26 AM
I think splitting the difference between G1 originals and reissues is extremely elitist and more about collecting sepcific dated objects than Transformers as action figures. Given the values of these items seem to be affected negatively by later identical reissues (not KOs, naturally) then they should be interchangeable.

Saintly
21st January 2008, 12:28 PM
as this thread isn't completely and nazi'ed specific... I would need all G1 originals & reissues :) my brother wouldn't share what we used to own together :(

So how many would that be? :/

GoktimusPrime
21st January 2008, 08:31 PM
As the Americans say, "sh**loads." :)

TheDirtyDigger
21st January 2008, 11:02 PM
Mostly everything that came out '88 or afterwards I don't have and which I'll probably never bother obtaining as by that year I was heavily into teenaged humans of my opposing gender. My G1 collecting I feel I do purely for nostalgia's sake. It just wouldn't sit right with me to collect otherwise.

That said I'm well on the way to completion of up to '87.

STL
21st January 2008, 11:19 PM
I would make a list of mine but I know it's somewhere between 60-70 which shouldn't take too long to acquire within this year. The hardest will be the G1 Targetmasters. Blurr, Cyclonus and Scourge are not easy to find as well as the Decepticon Targetmasters.

SofaMan
21st January 2008, 11:37 PM
I'm actually a bit surprised the list is so big. And this is only to the end of 1990.

Bluestreak

Hound

Jazz

Prowl

Sideswipe

Sunstreaker

Brawn

Cliffjumper

Bumblejumper

Sky Dasher

F-1 Dasher

Drill Dasher

Downshift

Starscream

Thundercracker

Buzzsaw

Reflector

Hoist

Inferno

Red Alert

Smokescreen

Skids

Omega Supreme

Roadbuster

Whirl

Beachcomber

Dirge

Ramjet

Shockwave

Barrage

Chop Shop

Ransack

Venom

Eject

Sky Lynx

Hubcap

Swerve

Tailgate

Broadside

Trypticon

Cloudraker

Fastlane

Chromedome

Hardhead

Fortress Maximus

Blurr (TM)

Hot Rod (TM)

Kup (TM)

Pointblank

Doublecross

Goldbug

Rollbar

Searchlight

Wideload

Scorponok

Cyclonus (TM)

Scourge (TM)

Triggerhappy

Hosehead

Nightbeat

Siren

Joyride

Quickmix

Scoop

Catilla

Chainclaw

Cloudburst

Groundbreaker

Landmine

Sky High

Splashdown

Waverider

Gunrunner

Fizzle

Sizzle

Backstreet

Dogfight

Override

Crankcase

Ruckus

Windsweeper

Cindersaur

Sparkstalker

Fangry

Horri-Bull

Dreadwind

Needlenose

Bugly

Carnivac

Roadgrabber

Groundshaker

Hot House

Doubleheader

Longtooth

Pincher

Jazz (Pretender)

Crossblades

Vroom

Skyhopper

Airwave

Bludgeon

Octopunch

Roadblock

Inferno (AM)

Jackpot

Jazz (AM)

Kick Off

Mainframe

Rad

Rollout

Skyfall

Optimus Prime (AM)

Wheeljack (AM)

Sprocket

Prowl (AM)

Over-Run

Big Daddy

Greaser

Hubs

Trip-Up

Big Hauler

Heavy Tread

Hydraulic

Slow Poke

Pipeline

Gusher

Banzai-Tron

Treadshot

Axer

Gutcruncher

Megatron (AM)

Bombshock

Tracer

Dropshot

Growl

Terror-Tread

Cement-Head

Blackout

Spaceshot

Soundwarp
22nd January 2008, 08:03 AM
I count G1 differently to 99% of you but i still need 50 - 60

i_amtrunks
22nd January 2008, 10:54 AM
I'm surprised that so many of you are only missing less than 100. I only have about 15 G1 figures (plus the Turbomasters minus Thunderclash), so I really have the whole lot to collect.

iceburn
22nd January 2008, 01:08 PM
Not too sure how many but gaining speed slowly....

The_Damned
22nd January 2008, 03:52 PM
i really am only going to collect up to and including around the time of headmasters and pretenders.i would would say of have about 75% of that part of the time line

kup
22nd January 2008, 04:41 PM
I havent done a proper head count of what I have left to go but I am only missing like 2 or 3 figures from 84 (Windcharger, Smokescreen, cant remember) and only around 5 or 6 from 85 (Whirl, Roadblock, Deluxe Insecticons, Hook)

I am not sure how much I need for 86 but its more than 80% complete. Most of my missing stuff is from 87, 88, 89 and 90.

However I am not a huge completist. I only collect the characters that appeared in some form of fiction. I don't really care if they dont have a proper fictional background of some sort. As a result I am only going to grab some of the Action Masters, Most but not all Pretenders and will be missing most of the Micromaster bases and several teams.

Another thing that I have is that if I already have a version of a figure I will not bother to get its Target Master one or vice versa. Whichever I get my hands on first :p. This figures include Kup (already own 86 so dont care about TM), Cyclonus, Scourge, etc.
________
Lesbian erotic (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/727/erotic/videos/1)

STL
5th February 2008, 11:27 PM
Bored; I ended up checking exactly how many I still need as well as how much I'm expecting to spend on them. There were more figures than I expected. The tally is now at 83 figures and approximately $8.530.

So anyone got $8.530 that they don't need lying around. Pwease? I'll sell you DirtyDigger's Thundercracker? :p

1orion2many
5th February 2008, 11:46 PM
:(I'm still missing 43 G1's not including mail aways and Micromasters.:(

dirge
5th February 2008, 11:57 PM
Down to three now:

AM Prowl (now in the mail)
Pretender Jazz (finalising the deal now)
Quickswitch (ditto)

Soundwarp
6th February 2008, 07:25 AM
i really am only going to collect up to and including around the time of headmasters and pretenders.i would would say of have about 75% of that part of the time line

I'm with you on that one!