PDA

View Full Version : Unite Warriors packaging double taped?

DaptoDog
27th December 2015, 04:53 PM
I gave my son Unite Warriors Superion and Menasor for Christmas after I pre-ordered two of each. Both of his were double taped on one side. So I checked my MISB ones and they were also double taped. They were both purchased from Nippon-Yasan. However, the Unite Warriors Defensor that I purchased from Robot Kingdom was only single taped.

Did anyone else get double taped packages or was it just me. It's not a huge deal but given I collect MISB I'll be sure to check every one from now on.

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
27th December 2015, 09:44 PM
Just checked my UW Superion box and mine was also double-taped on one side, with single-taping on the other (I bought mine from an Aussie source).

So I think yours should be okay, because when I opened mine the inside tray was taped up nice and tight; but it does make me wonder why they needed to re-tape in the first place.

DaptoDog
27th December 2015, 10:27 PM
Just checked my UW Superion box and mine was also double-taped on one side, with single-taping on the other (I bought mine from an Aussie source).

So I think yours should be okay, because when I opened mine the inside tray was taped up nice and tight; but it does make me wonder why they needed to re-tape in the first place.

Great thanks for letting me know.

GoktimusPrime
27th December 2015, 10:34 PM
No double taping on mine.

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
27th December 2015, 10:40 PM
Great thanks for letting me know.

No worries!

DELTAprime
28th December 2015, 12:14 AM
Might be a case of HK items getting double taped but JP items getting the single tape treatment.

DaptoDog
28th December 2015, 09:34 AM
Might be a case of HK items getting double taped but JP items getting the single tape treatment.

It was actually the other way around (NY - Japan, RK - Hong Kong).

DaptoDog
29th December 2015, 06:48 PM
Well Unite Warriors Devastator arrived today from NY single taped. So perhaps only some of these Combiners have the double tape?

DELTAprime
29th December 2015, 08:06 PM
They must be opening and inspecting some of this stuff as it comes out of the factory in Vietnam. I went back and had a look at my Defensor packaging (it came from RK). Despite the fact it was case fresh, because I opened the case (not sure why they are shipping one per case), it was double taped. Obviously it's good that they are QCing this stuff, but MISB collectors must be upset.

M-bot
29th December 2015, 08:12 PM
My UW Defensor (still in the plain shipper) was single taped.