PDA

View Full Version : How much will you be spending in 2016

Jaxius._
9th January 2016, 06:27 PM
This year all of us will be spending money in some cases it will be transformers so I decided to point this out.

I really hope the prices for voyagers go down, with the headmaster galvatron and whatever else is coming it will be an expensive year:

2 voyagers per wave that's $100 per wave and there is roughly going to be 3-4 waves making it $400.

Then theres the headmaster deluxes: 4 per wave and 4 waves $400 (at $25 each).

Fort max, hopefully Kmart will get him so he isn't $300 like devy so i'll say $250 without a sale.

$1050 and that is before the CW releases of Sky lynx, computron and liokaeser...

I paid $250 for UW Defensor so i'll put the box sets at roughly $150 (from a local shop I've mentioned a few times called Pleasant Suprises) that's another $300 putting this year up to: $1350

And then there is mp's...

Leaders are $95 each (target) and theres 2 per wave: That's $780 for 4 waves of leaders

That's my goals and I am also saving for my first car and MT Giant...

Of course this is why I love second hand shops.

So how much will you be spending

Raider
9th January 2016, 08:42 PM
Long answer short.... far too much than I should but less than I can afford :p

Defcon
9th January 2016, 09:26 PM
Really tough question, If more combiner wars box sets are coming then Ill get those, Headmasters, and Fort Max. Sounds like could be almost everything.
Masterpieces I'm overwhelmed with the releases, I'm sick of preorders. I stopped at Ironhide. I'm sick of waiting for masterpiece Galvatron :rolleyes: at least there is shockwave

BigTransformerTrev
9th January 2016, 10:33 PM
The odd thing for me is it will depend if we get the go-ahead to extend the house which will include a large TF collectors room.

If we get the loan I can build the room but afford bugger all new toys to put in it. If we don't get the loan I can buy plenty of toys but will have nowhere to put them :o:rolleyes:

Raider
9th January 2016, 11:27 PM
I can buy plenty of toys but will have nowhere to put them :o:rolleyes:

My current dilemma.... I am boxing them all up and putting them in storage under the house for the day that I finally have space to display them. Sad but no other option.

Paulbot
10th January 2016, 10:36 AM
Of course this is why I love second hand shops.

And the secondhand shops wont go away. As I posted in the other thread, TF collecting can be very expensive, but remember that in five-ten years time, when you're working full time and have more disposable income, you'll be able to go to secondhand shops, go on eBay, look at sales threads on the boards etc, and buy the things you can't afford now. :)

Ralph Wiggum
10th January 2016, 11:55 AM
I'm willing to purchase any Masterpiece from the G1 US cartoon continuity as long as its not a massively price-gouged ltd edition. Which still means are scaringly significant amount so far this year.

I'm actually hoping for a brief hiatus so that I can catch my financial breath in between releases.

Deonasis
10th January 2016, 01:48 PM
I ______________ agree to purchase _____ hundred thousand dollars of sweet Transformers related products in the 2016 calendar year. I do this knowing that i may receive serious injury from my parents, partners, or loan sharks and i will not hold Hasbro or TakaraTomy responsible for my poorly structured arguements.

Signed,

CBratron
10th January 2016, 02:01 PM
Victorion and a whole heap of unofficial dinobots. Maybe some masterpiece too.

philby
11th January 2016, 03:54 PM
depends how long i'm unemployed for lol

simon_marklar
11th January 2016, 11:08 PM
I've already spent about $1000 this year. But I only started collecting on New Years Day when I spend my yearly bonus on Devastator, fulfilling a 30 year old dream to own all the constructions. and then the beast reared its ugly head ;)

My wife says no more but thanks to some nice people on here I will definitely be spending about 400 more this pay. I calculated that's my beer money for the month so if she complains I'll just point out that I'm not drinking myself to death and getting the stress out from my job by vicariously living through robots... Its the healthier option :D how can she have a problem with that?! hahaha

My aim is to get all the Decepticon MP figures and the larger TF Prime figures. God I love that show, its just too good.

But I think i'm going to try and limit spending by picking one out of the repaints (eg for MP line i'd get rachet over iron hide, skywarp over starscream, I don't really see the point in spending $200 for a figure I already have with a different paint colour...... or maybe i'll just buy it on a whim by "accident" hahaha

So I'd probably guess that around 2 to 4k will be spent this year on "Toys"

Krayt
11th January 2016, 11:58 PM
How much will i spend....

Yes...

Yes I will spend

UltraMarginal
12th January 2016, 04:52 PM
I haven't got a clue, or a budget to speak of.

though I'm about to spend nearly a grand at chimungmung.

I had planned on looking over what I bought last year and going back to update my 'budget' in last years equivalent thread.

I'd comfortably say at least 2 to 3 K a year, between masterpieces, the Asian releases of the mainline stuff I get that I prefer to what comes out here, picking up some G1 stuff when it suits my cash flow at the time. all of this adds up. I'll most likely pick up a few independent transformers as well.

CHILENO20
12th January 2016, 05:00 PM
Budget? What budget???? :D:D:D

In all seriousness, it will come down to balancing the books which is what I basically do now. Some of my wants are on pre order, the rest will always come down to hunting for the best bargains.

SuspectimusPrime
12th January 2016, 07:11 PM
I was spending wayyy too much from 2011-2013. Only started to buy what I would enjoy in 2014-2015. This year will be similar or less than 2015, perhaps $1-2k; range difference being mainly on how good third party releases will be this year (need to finish off FP Function X, Lost Exo Realm; and perhaps get started on FP Saurus Ryu-Oh and MT Guardia). Free-time and room is affecting how much time I'm spending on enjoying the figures out of box.

My wife says no more but thanks to some nice people on here I will definitely be spending about 400 more this pay. I calculated that's my beer money for the month so if she complains I'll just point out that I'm not drinking myself to death and getting the stress out from my job by vicariously living through robots... Its the healthier option :D how can she have a problem with that?! hahaha

That's the spirit!

BruiseLee
12th January 2016, 11:01 PM
Long answer short.... far too much than I should but less than I can afford :p

Make room. I'll join you on that sinking ship! :p