PDA

View Full Version : Spare time activities

morg176
10th January 2016, 02:11 PM
What spare time activities (not including collecting tf) do you spend your time and money on? Swimming, jogging, various sports or have you found a 'non standard' sport like stilt running.
What fills in your time when you're not doing anything else

BigTransformerTrev
10th January 2016, 04:04 PM
Spare time? :confused:

BWAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Two tiny kids in the house plus a job and a farm? No such thing!

I dunno - maybe gardening, and internally reminiscing about how easy life used to be :rolleyes:

morg176
10th January 2016, 05:28 PM
I, unfortunately, have more time than I know what to do with.
Sigh, for people who have spare time : ) ....what do you do to occupy the time when you're not doing other things.

Sports, hobbies, obscure but not too weird activities. ?..

I used to do tae kwon do, but haven't in years

Jaxius._
10th January 2016, 05:58 PM
Uh... I take photos of my transformers.

Fungal Infection
10th January 2016, 06:18 PM
Along with looking after and spending time with my wife and 2 young 'uns, I find time to train and play oztag. I also enjoy partaking in karaoke nights with my workmates once a month. Every other time I'm not doing the above, I spend time building gundams and lego and rearranging my collection room. Hard life I know! :p

MayzaPrime
10th January 2016, 06:33 PM
What is this spare time that you are talking about... is that what people with no kids have? :p

GoktimusPrime
10th January 2016, 07:06 PM
Not including Transformers? I know not of this heresy ye speaketh of!

Trent
10th January 2016, 09:05 PM
Spare time? :confused:

BWAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Two tiny kids in the house plus a job and a farm? No such thing!

I dunno - maybe gardening, and internally reminiscing about how easy life used to be :rolleyes:

What is this spare time that you are talking about... is that what people with no kids have? :p

I'm in this boat. Before I had a kid, I was heavily into mountain biking. The kid and a severe back injury have greatly changed and minimised what I can do in that space. I was leaning to surf and was dabbling in making furniture.

Now I do none of those things

Sigh, for people who have spare time : ) ....what do you do to occupy the time when you're not doing other things.

Have kids. You'll never have that "problem" ever again ;)

MayzaPrime
10th January 2016, 09:38 PM
I used to surf, skate, ski, ride dirtbikes, play rugby league, tae kwon do, touch footy

But now i have to get up at 5am just to do bootcamp at 6am that is the only spare time that I have with 4 kids :eek:

UltraMarginal
11th January 2016, 01:55 PM
Not having any kids yet, a lot of my spare time is spent with my wife. We go to shows on occasion, sporting events together, yesterday we spent more than half the day driving around in lane cove national park looking for good spots to put her Kyak in.

as for hobbies, apart from Transformers, Most people that know me know I love to play and watch baseball.

I've been playing drums at an amateur level since I was about 10... in a galaxy far away. I now occasionally spend 10 or 20 minutes having a play every week or so.

I have always enjoyed model making and similar hobbies, but it's been years since I did it at any level, a combination of time/space available and other priorities. I have probably 10 or more star trek models still in their boxes in the garage that one day will either be sold or used or given away to a friend/relative.

We tend to watch a lot of TV together as that is where our interests collide into something we can spend time together doing.

WOAH..

Raider
11th January 2016, 02:25 PM
My spare time is spent playing with Matchbox Cars and Thomas the Tank Engine trains. Actually, whatever my two year old is into at any given time is what I spend my spare time doing. I consider anything outside of work spare time and I don't mind playing with him at all. Might be different if I had a daughter. Don't see myself having as much fun with Barbie dolls :p

Any spare time not spent with my son is generally spent on my TF colleciton, playing Final Fantasy XI or spending time with my wife.

Handsprime
11th January 2016, 02:25 PM
Not having a wife, or a girlfriend, I spend my time usually making (or listening to) music or playing video games. That's of cause ignoring the transformer fun time :)

twizz
11th January 2016, 02:51 PM
Mine consist of watching alot of NBA and playing NBA fantasy, and collecting retro video games

Megatran
11th January 2016, 03:09 PM

You must be a teacher.
:p

GoktimusPrime
11th January 2016, 06:54 PM
I incorporate a lot of my daughter's play with mine. If this might mean that the Maximals are defending the Kingdom of Shopkins, which are ruled by My Little Ponies from an invasion from the First Order, then so be it. :) Or just earlier today, my LG10 Arcee was hanging around in a magic inflammable ice palace with Elsa and Anna.

morg176
12th January 2016, 04:30 PM
You must be a teacher.
:p

I am a teacher :D
I love teaching but there's not a lot of it atm. And first term is always slow

Looking for something to fill the spare time
Maybe get a little fit
Meet some people. ?..

liegeprime
12th January 2016, 05:14 PM
Spare time, hmmmmm. Well I do collect other things, Hotwheels is the more active current one since it's easier to buy. I watch anime and xartoons online. When my friends visit we go out and try out some restos... or go hotwheels hunting hehehe. Mostly though, it's housechores housechores housechores..... or sleep, cant get enough sleep actually. Online, its more on facebook. :p

Meister
14th January 2016, 04:20 PM
I'm also a family guy, so what do I do on the very rare occasions that I may somehow get some spare time to myself?

Sleep.

Metallikato
16th January 2016, 12:06 AM
Reading, (lately) watching classic cinema, and club cricket on the weekends.

Ploughmans Lunch
22nd January 2016, 09:43 PM
I made this- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmMhlzpAtyU. I guess that's a spare time thing. Im trying to make 540 films that go for ten seconds each. Ideally of higher quality than what I made, but that's proof-of-concept for you!

I also want to do a TF Stop Motion Waiting for Godot but havent figured out the exact way Im gonna go about it.

Ploughmans Lunch
22nd January 2016, 09:44 PM
Also doing drawing/zine stuff when I can. Also writing things.

Handsprime
22nd January 2016, 09:52 PM
I must be really bored because I started work on a sequel to The Room.

Ploughmans Lunch
22nd January 2016, 10:09 PM
I must be really bored because I started work on a sequel to The Room.

I dunno man, see where that takes you.

Ace
22nd January 2016, 10:12 PM
I am a proud member of a Surf Life Saving Club.

There are so many aspects to a surf club that you can be a part of. It will keep you fit, you can compete, you can engage with a large variety of people, and you also have the ability to give back to the community through patrolling our beaches or becoming involved in surf education and helping others learn about the ocean and how to save a life.

However, this also requires the ability to get to the coast with ease. Very hard if you live in-land.

If that is the case, might I suggest becoming involved with First Aid training etc?