PDA

View Full Version : Energon DVD boxset now announced.

griffin
23rd September 2008, 03:23 PM
The good news for those like me hoping to be able to have the entire Hasbro TFs cartoons on DVD, the last series yet to be officially released will be out December in America.
This follows the recent release of Cybertron, and hopefully we get a RiD US release soon as well, as the UK version is difficult to find (so is the Armada set as well).
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transformers-Energon-The-Ultimate-Collection/10563

All 52 episodes.
December 13.
No special extras announced.

Saintly
23rd September 2008, 03:35 PM
imagine sitting through +18hrs of Energon :D

it sounds like a nice set

roller
23rd September 2008, 04:13 PM
Energon meh, id buy it one day as id like all the US cartoons

I am excited about a R.I.D complete boxset

SilverDragon
23rd September 2008, 06:50 PM
Who would buy THAT? It's a series full of crap.

autobreadticon
23rd September 2008, 07:14 PM
Who would buy THAT? It's a series full of crap.

ya i watched like one episode that was rated the highest (9+) on tv.com, an episode about some kind of arena battle , autobot vs Decepticon, biggest waste of life ever :rolleyes:

Paulbot
23rd September 2008, 09:40 PM
The battle arena episode isn't a story episode, more a fun episode and it has a couple of unique things: the combination animation of the Energon Gestalts (very Voltron like!) and the Powerlinx mode of Demolisher and Snow Cat :D

Energon's not that bad really as a whole... if you fast forward Kicker and Ironhide ;) .

Soundwarp
24th September 2008, 09:04 AM
Well i can finally see the whole thing.

i_amtrunks
24th September 2008, 10:48 AM
Certainly worth picking up if they sell it at a decent price, I have Superlink with subs, but you have to sit and down and just watch when a show is subbed, at least you can do other things when you have a dubbed version on.

griffin
24th September 2008, 11:54 AM
Energon was the series that had a whole episode 'lost', in that it wasn't dubbed to english from the original Japanese version. Episode 33, which had some big fricking plot elements relating to Scorponok and Alpha Q, ended up making the rest of the series harder to follow (worse than it already was).
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Return%21_Our_Scorponok

So if the box set is said to have 52 episodes, I wonder what is making up for the lost episode, because I can't see Paramount spending the money required to dub it (the word is that it was never dubbed at all), so maybe they are just sub-titling it, or only including 51 episodes (which would be the cheap Paramount thing to do).

Actually, it would be recommended for anyone getting the Energon set, to read through this site for each episode's list of things missing in the english version:
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Energon_%28cartoon%29
It helps make more sense of the visual side of things in the series, and is the next best thing to just getting the original Japanese series (Superlink).

Gutsman Heavy
24th September 2008, 12:03 PM
just "get" superlink, its still not flash but much better than Energon, plus Roadbuster (Inornhide) is kind of ok in it!