PDA

View Full Version : Titans Return Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

Scaleface
26th January 2016, 02:57 AM
I put together some very reliable rumors for upcoming Titans Returns, Platinum and SDCC releases. What to know what's coming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z37lCToefbc

Ploughmans Lunch
26th January 2016, 12:35 PM
Why as a video?

Scaleface
26th January 2016, 01:35 PM
Well, I just thought it would help to see what molds I was talking about for all the repaints. I tried to keep it really brief, talking about around 20 toys in 5 minutes. Plus it's easier to make one video, and give people the link, then post 20+ pictures on every board I frequent. Still, feel free to post a text list if you want.

Mathew

griffin
26th January 2016, 02:30 PM
(topic moved to go with the Combiner Wars speculation/rumours/wishlist topic in the Discussion section - only after toys are officially revealed/confirmed or definitely found, can they be posted in the News section)

Note that the archive of past rumours (and those that have been confirmed or proven false) can be found here on the Toy Checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=451988#post451988).

Bidoofdude
26th January 2016, 08:34 PM
(topic moved to go with the Combiner Wars speculation/rumours/wishlist topic in the Discussion section - only after toys are officially revealed/confirmed or definitely found, can they be posted in the News section)

Note that the archive of past rumours (and those that have been confirmed or proven false) can be found here on the Toy Checklist (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=451988#post451988).

I think it should be noted that we did see the Rewind that goes with TR Blaster is confirmed with pictures (http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/10/08/titans-return-legends-class-figures-official-images-302616).

griffin
26th January 2016, 09:34 PM
I have to go through it again when I do up the (late) 2016 Transformers Checklist. So at the moment, that rumour listing isn't completely up-to-date or accurate... it is more for keeping tally of the sources that are most often right with future info.

Zommael
2nd February 2016, 01:29 PM
How about a Combiner that's also a Titan Master? The easiest option would be to make the Combiner head the sixth member of the team, but more creatively, you could have each member of the team be a Titan Master, and the heads when removed form the weapon for the Combiner.

Golden Phoenix
2nd February 2016, 04:26 PM
How about a Combiner that's also a Titan Master? The easiest option would be to make the Combiner head the sixth member of the team, but more creatively, you could have each member of the team be a Titan Master, and the heads when removed form the weapon for the Combiner.

That could be interesting.

For deluxes, they could turn into hands/feet for the combiner.

Zommael
2nd February 2016, 04:55 PM
That could be interesting.

For deluxes, they could turn into hands/feet for the combiner.

How about four deluxes with Titan Masters that turn into hands/feet, one Voyager with Titan Master weapon, and one Legends class that forms the head for the combiner?

Golden Phoenix
2nd February 2016, 07:14 PM
How about four deluxes with Titan Masters that turn into hands/feet, one Voyager with Titan Master weapon, and one Legends class that forms the head for the combiner?

The Titan Masters for the hands/feet was what I meant. Didn't quite put it out right.

I was thinking still have the Legends figure as the weapon though, but make the Titan Master + a little vehicle thing become the head.

BigTransformerTrev
2nd February 2016, 07:24 PM
I reckon they could make a Titan sized figure like D-Void out of a combination of a legends size figure of every 84-86 Decepticon

Well, they probably couldn't without all the little figures being rectangular and crappy, and it would cost a mint - but still... it'd be cool!

Zommael
2nd February 2016, 08:18 PM
The Titan Masters for the hands/feet was what I meant. Didn't quite put it out right.

I was thinking still have the Legends figure as the weapon though, but make the Titan Master + a little vehicle thing become the head.

I got what you were saying, just decided to riff in the idea a bit more.

I say we call it Golden Zommael.

prjkt
3rd February 2016, 04:07 PM
I think if you replace Hardhead's cannon with a missile, you'd get a pretty convincing Stalker...

Scaleface
6th February 2016, 04:15 AM
Here are the latest rumors from the Transmission Podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVP_bQGUO_s

GoktimusPrime
16th February 2016, 12:14 AM
I've always loved the Headmaster Horrorcons, and I've been thinking that it may be possible for HasTak to develop a single base mould that could be redecoed as both Horrorcons. I'm no engineer, so this is just an extremely and crude sketch that I've quickly done up just to illustrate the basic concept.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/headmaster_horrorcons_tr_zpsilfogqpa.jpg
Or maybe I've inadvertently designed a set of Horrorcon My Family car stickers. Oops. :p

prjkt
16th February 2016, 07:17 AM
Gok, looking at Mindwipe there in bat mode, what do you think of a new shaped head into a potential Swoop remould? Love for the Dinobots is seriously lacking in the Classicsverse

griffin
24th February 2016, 08:26 PM
Seibertron has quoted someone's listing (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rundown-of-rumoured-upcoming-transformers-titans-return-toys-broadside-getaway-legends-kickback-and-reflector-and-more/34811/) (from somewhere unknown), of some possible future items for Titans Return...

An anonymous friend of mine showed me a bunch of stuff on his computer last night that Hasbro is working on. A couple things were just concept art, or those packets they show investors. But the majority was actual toys. Anyways, he said I could talk about it online, as long as I didn't mention him by name.

So that said, it would be great to have some images, to represent what I saw when I'm talking to people. So I have a series of requests that are spoilers of what's coming later in 2016 and 2017. So anyone not wanting to know shouldn't read past this point. Cool?

Okay, I saw a Headmaster Star Convoy / Laser Prime from G2. It pretty much looks like Star Convoy, except that star-ish shaped yellow thing on his chest looks blockier, like a letter T. And his shoulders are very Laser Prime, sticking up high, with two circle things on the front of each one. In truck mode he's long nosed, but red. Not black with red flames.

Just as Sentinel Prime was obviously Astrotrain, Headmaster Megatron is obviously Blitzwing, but with a Megatron head. You can see his tank turret on his back, and jet fins on his ankles. He comes with two guns which merge to form his big cannon that can plug into his arm. Megatron's head looks very G1 in head mode. In "Nebulon" mode it has a red torso, and grey limbs.

Chromedome's getting repainted as Getaway. Head looks G1.

Triggerhappy is a headmaster who looks very G1.

Hot Rod is a headmaster who looks G1 in vehicle mode. Robot mode looks vaguely IDW to me. Small waste. Long thinghs. Big hexagonal kneepads with vents in them.

Alpha Trion's a triple changer. Beast Mode is a wolf with a unicorn horn (I have no idea why). Jet mode looks very Vector Prime.

Weirdwolf looks good. Very G1.

Powermaster Prime is getting a Diaclone repaint, so it's a blue COE truck. They seem to be calling it Magnus Prime or something along those lines (I can't remember for sure). Odd, since it's not white.

Tidal Wave seems to be coming back (investor art, photoshopped, rough). Looks like it'll share a mold with Broadside. Vehicle mode seems to be USS Flagg homage. Part of "strength series". Tidal Wave's head is called Powerhouse. Grey body. Green limbs.

Decepticon Clones. Looked to me like they have a Predaking. And the D-clones were Predaking parts. Same with Horri-Bull.

Sharkticon looks very round and G1.

Technobots look like you'd expect. But Afterburner is weird. Instead of making him G1, or just an orange Takara Groove, he's got this really long warped/bent windshield. It looks awkward to me. But that was my only complaint from everything I saw.

SDCC Fort Max comes with red sword. Has blue hands, instead of white.
That's all I can remember right now. Anyways, very excited. Would love to have any of these done up, just for the sake of chatting with friends about it on FB, etc.

Paulbot
24th February 2016, 08:38 PM
There is a logic to having a Pounce/Rampage and Wingspan/Divebomb share molds if repaints will help all four get made.

Saw a suggestion on Twitter that the new Blurr and Brainstorm toys could be made into Fastlane and Cloudraker. Was going to digibash it but haven't had time.

Also saw the new Chromedome digibashed as Pretender Bumblebee's shell. Very clever.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th February 2016, 09:22 PM
The list has been updated...finally, a Legends Kickback!:)

A lot of the others sound pretty tempting too, as long as the execution is done well.
I always had a certain fondness for Triggerhappy's design, G1-esque Autobot and Decepticon Clones would be quite welcome (I like Paulbot's from-Twitter suggestion re. remold reuse), and the Powermaster Prime Diaclone homage is a pretty good idea repaint-wise - albeit it'd be better if it used the Ultra Magnus mold IMO.

TAAUBlaster
24th February 2016, 09:46 PM
So going by that: the general release of Fort Max will have white hands, while the almost impossible and highly expensive (no doubt) SDCC version will have correct coloured hands? :rolleyes: Way to go Hasbro.

5FDP
24th February 2016, 09:57 PM
So going by that: the general release of Fort Max will have white hands, while the almost impossible and highly expensive (no doubt) SDCC version will have correct coloured hands? :rolleyes: Way to go Hasbro.

If history is anything to go by, we'll probably end up seeing the SDCC version here at some stage *cough* Generations Coneheads *cough* G1 coloured WFC Bruticus ;)

CaminusPrime
25th February 2016, 12:10 AM

If history is anything to go by, we'll probably end up seeing the SDCC version here at some stage *cough* Generations Coneheads *cough* G1 coloured WFC Bruticus ;)

Likely it'll also have blue thighs and red on the inside of the forearm looking the likely box artwork for fort max
Personally i like the white, it breaks things up a bit

morg176
22nd April 2016, 03:35 PM
Is there a titan master thread?

Anyway, is there a list of the special abilities each titanmaster nebulon has?
Can't find one anywhere

Thankyou

griffin
24th April 2016, 12:09 AM
Is there a titan master thread?

Anyway, is there a list of the special abilities each titanmaster nebulon has?
Can't find one anywhere

Thankyou

Maybe on the TFWiki.
If not, you might need to google-search photos of the card backs, and compile the abilities.

High_Q
24th April 2016, 02:00 PM
Seibertron has quoted someone's listing (from somewhere unknown), of some possible future items for Titans Return...Hot Rod is a headmaster who looks G1 in vehicle mode. Robot mode looks vaguely IDW to me. Small waste. Long thinghs. Big hexagonal kneepads with vents in them.

Has this Titan Master Hot Rod rumour since been confirmed or rejected?

Deonasis
4th May 2016, 04:47 PM
Has this Titan Master Hot Rod rumour since been confirmed or rejected?

It is confirmed with pics released of it last week.. http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/29/titans-return-hot-rod-revealed-314824

My speculation is that a Titan Tripticon will be engineered with a Scorponok retool in mind (the dino tail would be the scorpion tail).

ZoonMaster5000
4th May 2016, 06:59 PM
Am I the only one that's hoping they will do a deluxe kup? He was a targetmaster just like hotrod so heres hoping.

Deonasis
4th May 2016, 07:08 PM
Am I the only one that's hoping they will do a deluxe kup? He was a targetmaster just like hotrod so heres hoping.

Im sure i read a rumour of a new Kup on some board..

High_Q
5th May 2016, 09:57 PM
It is confirmed with pics released of it last week.. http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/04/29/titans-return-hot-rod-revealed-314824

I saw that and was disappointed because the front section of the alt mode is not wedge-shaped enough. Well, at least I still have MP-28, and I'll keep my Classics Hot Rod.

CHILENO20
8th January 2017, 03:27 PM
Just saw that Krok will be a headmaster using the Skullcruncher mould. Got me thinking, what else can be done? I know a few folk here have discussed turning Topspin into Misfire. What about turning Weirdwolf into Carnivac? Thoughts anyone? :confused:

Paulbot
8th January 2017, 05:12 PM
Just saw that Krok will be a headmaster using the Skullcruncher mould. Got me thinking, what else can be done? I know a few folk here have discussed turning Topspin into Misfire. What about turning Weirdwolf into Carnivac? Thoughts anyone? :confused:

Well, I have a few...

Topspin has everything in place to be Misfire as I mentioned elsewhere. Others say Slugslinger and it could work too. And not forgetting retooling him as Twin Twist too.

Weirdwolf as Carnivac would make sense... maybe even Catilla too? Or reversed back to Cybertron Snarl! Beast Wars Wolfang? Or something else from 1987: Pounce

Remold it greatly to make a Wingspan? Or make Wingspan from Mindwipe? Not sure who else Mindwipe would be retooled as. Ratbat? Wingthing? BW Sonar? BM Nightscream?!

Blurr and Brainstorm as Fastlane and Cloudraker are calling out to happen. And once Blurr's got those wheels, make him Sureshot too.

Highbrow as Pretender Sky High? Action Master Overrun? Pretender Crossblades? Wouldn't mind seeing him in Micromaster Blazemaster's colours!

Kup looks set to be Crosshairs. We know Megatron's going to be Blitzwing (and maybe Flywheels?!) and G2 Prime's going to be Octane. Broadside could do with a Tidalwave colour scheme.

After I got Twinferno I realised he could be remade into Grotusque and Fangry. And from there to Cutthroat and Pretender Monster Wildfly. And without the wings he could be made a few other stand-up monsters like Blot, Rippersnapper, Skalor, and Overbite!

GoktimusPrime
8th January 2017, 09:37 PM
Just saw that Krok will be a headmaster using the Skullcruncher mould. Got me thinking, what else can be done?
That makes little sense considering that G1 Krok's faux-kibble suggested that he would transform into some sort of aircraft or spaceship, and indeed the Club Exclusive redeco of Generations Megatron (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/4/40/Timelinestoy-Krok.jpg) has him transforming into a stealth bomber, which looks pretty good (too bad it's not a mass retail release figure). Gatoraider, Krok's AM partner, transforms into a crocodilian robot... but that's not Krok. It'd be like say having a CHUGUR Grimlock that transforms into an anti-tank battery just because his AM partner did. Or a Jazz who transforms into a rocket-powered skateboard. :p The most obvious redeco would be Megalligator.

I know a few folk here have discussed turning Topspin into Misfire. What about turning Weirdwolf into Carnivac? Thoughts anyone? :confused:
It would look nothing like Carnivac though. I'd get it for the same reason that I got CHUGUR Huffer and Pipes, because they're the only CHUGUR versions of those characters... but still feels force. The wolf head would need to be retooled because that visor-eye on it is quite distinctive. The shape of the robot mode would be completely different though. Speaking of which, good luck with (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/f/f9/Carnivac_headcomps.jpg) that (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/6/62/Sotw3_Carnivac_and_Stakeout.jpg). ;)

Deonasis
9th January 2017, 08:55 AM
I do want Misfire (as you may know) but I hope he is massively different from Topspin. I think I'd like the Triggerhappy legs on him better.

GoktimusPrime
9th January 2017, 11:50 AM
Topspin should be retoolable as Twin Twist. And I think that they should be able to develop a shared base mould for Misfire and Snapdragon.

FatalityPitt
10th January 2017, 01:37 PM

I think it'd be a bit of a waste not to re-use the Wolfwire mold. I don't know anyone else in G1 who turns into a wolf (besides Carnivac, Fangry and some Beast Wars characters). If they do Carnivac, it might not look or transform like his original self, but then G1 Quake didn't look like Hardhead either, so I think there still hope for a Carnivac.

I've been thinking about the new Perceptor. They'll eventually have to re-use that mold for something, like how they did with Hardhead to make Quake. But no one else turns into a Microscope (besides Magnificus - who's the most obscure of the obscure). There have however been instances (namely Botcon 2010) when Hasbro announced they'll do a Reflector using the RTS Perceptor mold (but didn't). I think the new Perceptor could be redeco-ed into Reflector.

It's about time. Reflector has existed since 1984, and he's still not gotten his own general retail release figure (I don't count the one that came with Shrapnel). If Characters like Alpha Trion and Sentinel Prime can get a Titans Return toy; there's hope for Reflector too :)

SuspectimusPrime
10th January 2017, 02:54 PM
I've been thinking about the new Perceptor. They'll eventually have to re-use that mold for something, like how they did with Hardhead to make Quake.

Considering how well they have been able to re-purpose moulds, bringing out an IDW Mainframe from Perceptor would be good.

CHILENO20
10th January 2017, 04:47 PM
Considering how well they have been able to re-purpose moulds, bringing out an IDW Mainframe from Perceptor would be good.

Don't forget Magnificus either :)

GoktimusPrime
10th January 2017, 07:20 PM
I think it'd be a bit of a waste not to re-use the Wolfwire mold. I don't know anyone else in G1 who turns into a wolf (besides Carnivac, Fangry and some Beast Wars characters). If they do Carnivac, it might not look or transform like his original self, but then G1 Quake didn't look like Hardhead either, so I think there still hope for a Carnivac.
TR Hardhead's robot mode looks pretty similar to Quake's G1 robot mode, whereas Wolfwire's robot mode looks quite different.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/comparison_carnivacquake_zps7rtw6zyq.jpg
As you can see Hasbro didn't even need to do any retooling on Hardhead's body to make it look like Quake because the similarities already existed. I think the best you might be able to do with Wolfwire is retool it to look similar to Carnivac's G1 comic model. It would require retooling on the arms and legs to remove the "Weirdwolf-esque" elements and replace it with "Carnivac-esque" bits, which would be doable without affecting the core toy or its transformation. As for the robot feet, simply state in the instructions that the feet are flipped around so that Wolfwire's heel spurs become Carnivac's feet. Trying to make a toy-accurate or IDW-accurate Carnivac from the Wolfwire mould would be too difficult and you might as well make a new mould from scratch. But as far as retooling Wolfwire goes, I think that the Marvel Comic model would be the nearest match.

Btw, another G1 TF who transforms into a wolf is Sixshot, but he obviously already has his own toy. ;)

Don't forget Magnificus either :)
He did mention Magnificus. :) I think that Magnificus might work. They've done far more obscure redecoes such as Universe Acid Storm and the G2 Stunticons. Magnificus' Titan Master would also allow fans to give Perceptor a toy-accurate head too.

I've been thinking about the new Perceptor. They'll eventually have to re-use that mold for something, like how they did with Hardhead to make Quake. But no one else turns into a Microscope (besides Magnificus - who's the most obscure of the obscure)
The general consensus on an Obscure Transformer (http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/) is one that has only ever appeared in one medium. As Magnificus has appeared in at least 3* media, this technically disqualifies as him as being truly 'obscure.' As more lesser known characters appear in newer canonical sources the number of properly Obscure Transformers dwindles. Which I think is good. I'd rather see writers include more formerly Obscure Transformers rather than making new ones up (e.g. Ironfist in LSotW etc.).

It's about time. Reflector has existed since 1984, and he's still not gotten his own general retail release figure (I don't count the one that came with Shrapnel).
The G1 Reflector toy didn't even come out until 1986, and even then only as a mailaway exclusive! (as you know, but for the youngins readin' this ;))

I suppose the real challenge with Reflector is the sheer oddity of the figure. 3 robots who combine into a camera. The original toy transformed into a microfilm camera, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new one transform into a modern digital camera (similar to say a Canon DSLR or something). But of course, this would require HasTak to invest time and money to R&D the moulds that they really can't redeco into any other character. Unless say they did a toy-accurate version first, then released a show-accurate redeco later. Sure, some nerds would complain about the initial release and get enraged that Hasbro didn't release a show-accurate version... but a lot of people would buy the initial toy-accurate version. Then they'd release the show-accurate version and it'd sell like hot cakes. :D We've seen the same thing happen with CW Alpha Bravo/Quickslinger, Off-Road/Brake-Neck, and Rook/Groove. Some geeks may whinge about the initial releases, but it would work for Hasbro. They wouldn't do it the other way around otherwise the less popular versions would pegwarm.

--------------------------------------------------
*3 media:
(i) eHobby toy continuity; I'm counting both the original and Generations figures (and pack in comic) as part of this same continuity
(ii) Dreamwave's G1 continuity; although really as a background prop, and as TFwiki explains (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Magnificus_(G1)), since this appearance predates the first Magnificus toy, it's technically not Magnificus
(iii) Wings Universe

FatalityPitt
11th January 2017, 12:36 AM
The G1 Reflector toy didn't even come out until 1986, and even then only as a mailaway exclusive! (as you know, but for the youngins readin' this ;))

I suppose the real challenge with Reflector is the sheer oddity of the figure. 3 robots who combine into a camera. The original toy transformed into a microfilm camera, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new one transform into a modern digital camera (similar to say a Canon DSLR or something). But of course, this would require HasTak to invest time and money to R&D the moulds that they really can't redeco into any other character. Unless say they did a toy-accurate version first, then released a show-accurate redeco later. Sure, some nerds would complain about the initial release and get enraged that Hasbro didn't release a show-accurate version... but a lot of people would buy the initial toy-accurate version. Then they'd release the show-accurate version and it'd sell like hot cakes. :D We've seen the same thing happen with CW Alpha Bravo/Quickslinger, Off-Road/Brake-Neck, and Rook/Groove. Some geeks may whinge about the initial releases, but it would work for Hasbro. They wouldn't do it the other way around otherwise the less popular versions would pegwarm.

I wouldn't know how else HasTak could manage Reflector in a way that's economical for them. I only thought of the TR Perceptor as a potential "mold candidate" for him/them because Hasbro once considered another Perceptor toy (RTS) as a potential Reflector-redeco; and words like "Reflector", "Camera", and "Microscope" all relate to optics and lenses. So in some sense, there is some commonality between Perceptor and Reflector, but it's weak.

Reflector is weird because I can't think of many (or any) other Transformers that become cameras, let alone 3 robots that become the camera. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a specific mold for Reflector that's faithful to the original concept (both cartoon and toy versions) as you described. But it's somewhat questionable whether it'd sell well enough for the investment to be profitable. Young fans these days are unlikely to know who Reflector is/are (unless he/they appears in the RiD cartoon), and are cameras still "cool" these days?? TR Blaster turned into a boombox, and he shelf-warmed like a mutha. It seems like the safest choice of alt-modes (from a marketing perspective) are still cars, planes and tanks.

Then again, Titan Return have heaps of lesser-known characters in its line-up and it's selling like crazy, so who knows?

EDIT: I'd love finally see a Reflector released on mass retail, but I understand if HasTak are only able to deliver it as a redeco of another toy.

GoktimusPrime
11th January 2017, 12:44 AM
At the end of the day, this is CHUGUR, not MP. Reflector doesn't have to transform into a camera just as TR Rewind isn't a cassette tape and Soundwave isn't a Walkman. :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
11th January 2017, 09:16 PM
HasTakTom could probably do something similar to TR Rewind with Reflector if they really wanted. Scout class with a reasonably G1-faithful (single Viewfinder-esque) Robot, generic camera, and shoehorned-in 'tank/cybertronian hovercar' mode.
Plus an MP Reflector probably wouldn't be too hard to do engineering-wise, though it's a little short on repaint/remold potential.

I still quite like my little Perfect Effect Scouting Force set myself, small as they are, but an official/mass-marketable camera Reflector could be done pretty easily.

GoktimusPrime
11th January 2017, 09:42 PM
Not a bad idea. Spectro, Viewfinder and Spyglass could all have separate alt modes (e.g. tank, hovercar, shoehorn :p), then all three of them combine to form a camera.

Paulbot
6th February 2017, 08:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/p9tuiIK.jpg

I was looking at early Marvel issues from Simon Furman's run, and I noticed the cast was looking a lot like my Titans Return shelf...

I know people want a Titan-class Scorponok, but I want a Leader class that can go stand across the battlefield from Powermaster Optimus Prime.

I also thought that since Ratchet didn't get a CW release (except from BotCon), a new deluxe Titans Return Ratchet could be good too.

My other wish list item would be a Titan Master class Ratbat - Senator Ratbat style head and a bat accessory that turns into a weapon. (Also a ready repaint/tool to be Wingthing or maybe Sights to go with a deluxe Jackpot.)

Edit: thanks Mods for applying my suggestion :)

DELTAprime
8th February 2017, 06:52 PM
Well I just laybyed the Rodimus wave of TR Deluxes. I would prefer a TT version of all the characters but TT has been winding down the Legends line in recent months so I don't know if they will release those characters.

Paulbot
8th February 2017, 08:22 PM
Takara will release all the Hasbro toys in some form even if not right away. (They are even going out of their way to reuse the Hasbro-only heads!).

I've been thinking about that delay with TT reveals of their versions of Hot Rod, Kup, Broadside, etc but know they'll come.

DELTAprime
8th February 2017, 11:20 PM
Problem is it could be years, remember Deluxe Black Shadow?

SuspectimusPrime
9th February 2017, 12:08 AM
I know people want a Titan-class Scorponok, but I want a Leader class that can go stand across the battlefield from Powermaster Optimus Prime.

I need this! I'd take a Voyager scaled version with regular bot proportions (not a hulking brute). Would be great if we could get both incarnations of Scorponok. His character in the Marvel comics was great, but I also really enjoyed Zarak as the manipulative supervillain from the Headmaster anime.

My other wish list item would be a Titan Master class Ratbat - Senator Ratbat style head and a bat accessory that turns into a weapon. (Also a ready repaint/tool to be Wingthing or maybe Sights to go with a deluxe Jackpot.)

That gets me thinking. If they're willing to do a Senator Ratbat, would they also do a Voyager Shockwave with a separate Titan Master Senator Shockwave head to perform our own empurata?

DELTAprime
9th February 2017, 12:28 AM
I need this! I'd take a Voyager scaled version with regular bot proportions (not a hulking brute). Would be great if we could get both incarnations of Scorponok. His character in the Marvel comics was great, but I also really enjoyed Zarak as the manipulative supervillain from the Headmaster anime.

That gets me thinking. If they're willing to do a Senator Ratbat, would they also do a Voyager Shockwave with a separate Titan Master Senator Shockwave head to perform our own empurata?

I'd personally go for a new Voyager scale Optimus, Blaster, Megatron and Soundwave that are more 1984 inspired in Prime and Megatron's case personally over the recent Leader Classes (and yes I know cassettes wouldn't work for SW and B). I feel like the big bots should be Voyager with the huge bots like Magnus and Jetfire being Leader and the city bots being Titan. That is why I never bought the Leader scale Seekers (sorry they shelf warmed because I didn't buy them:p)

On the flip side aside from Shockwave I think they have been using Legends Class correctly in the last couple of years.

GoktimusPrime
9th February 2017, 10:25 AM
I've said before that I would've loved to have seen Fortress Maximus released as a Leader Class toy based on his IDW model, but alas this never happened. :( So because Fort Max is a Titan Class, I'd also like to see Scorponok as a Titan Class. :o

SuspectimusPrime
9th February 2017, 11:58 AM
That is why I never bought the Leader scale Seekers (sorry they shelf warmed because I didn't buy them:p)

At least Hasbro didn't push their luck and produce another 8-30 Seekers out of that mould ;)

I've said before that I would've loved to have seen Fortress Maximus released as a Leader Class toy based on his IDW model, but alas this never happened. :( So because Fort Max is a Titan Class, I'd also like to see Scorponok as a Titan Class. :o

I wouldn't mind the size difference between a Voyager (Furman-esque) Scorponok and a Titan Class (non-Furman) Fort Max. With those two level headed and compromising leaders from different continuities the Transformers has the greatest chance at peace.

If TFCC were still around, they could have given Cerebros a slight remould and given it a beige/purple repaint to create a Headmaster Lord Zarak. That would make everyone (or maybe just me) flip out!

BigTransformerTrev
9th February 2017, 10:26 PM
After reading Sharkys pre-review and the associated comments I've cancelled my order of the upcoming TR Op & Megs in the hopes those figures come back out as Octane and Blitzwing

FatalityPitt
10th February 2017, 09:53 AM
Rumour: Wave 5 Deluxes (https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rumour-for-titans-return-wave-5-deluxes/37303/)

Misfire and Twintwist were to be expected. I think I'll hold out on buying Triggerhappy and see what photos of Misfire look like.

Windblade from the Highbrow mould?? Nawwww. I bet that's going to be Nautica.

Jellico
10th February 2017, 11:05 AM
Wasn't Nautica meant to be a Blur retool? I hope this is a mistake and it is Nautica because I don't like the idea of having to buy a rumored "speed pack" to just get her.

Handsprime
10th February 2017, 01:44 PM
Next week we should find out?

SharkyMcShark
10th February 2017, 02:20 PM
After reading Sharkys pre-review and the associated comments I've cancelled my order of the upcoming TR Op & Megs in the hopes those figures come back out as Octane and Blitzwing

That's pretty much guaranteed to happen. I can't see the point of making a tank/jet and cargo plane/fuel truck triple changer otherwise.

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2017, 11:19 PM
I'd say that it's highly likely but not a solid guarantee. After all, Generations Legends Gears' head is obviously meant to be Brawn but they never redecoed it as such. :( But odds are they will do it. :)

Ploughmans Lunch
16th February 2017, 12:47 PM
TakaraTomy's Legends line has been a bit quiet recently. Which figures do you feel won't make the cut? Going to guess Voyager Prime, Megatron, Krok and Quake won't.