PDA

View Full Version : More KOs, cyclonus & scourge and Wheeljack

MV75
24th September 2008, 05:58 PM
Yes, they have way too far now:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/190703-ko-cyclonus-scourge-way.html

At least there is a guide on cyclonus, even if it's by the scummy baggy (looks like he's lifted his game and doesn't do that crap anymore), that sells the damn things:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/190720-g1-cyclonus-original-vs-reproduction.html

Every KO is yet another figure that I'm turned off buying 2nd hand because of doubts.

gamblor916
24th September 2008, 06:08 PM
Shame, I still need a Scourge. What's more worrying to me is the pic of Wheeljack next to it.

Robzy
24th September 2008, 06:15 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

kup
24th September 2008, 06:26 PM
Good thing I already got these figures but it is a shame for people looking for them on ebay as it has now become a minefield.

Although the boxes seem to have subtle but identifyable differences (thanks for pointing out the guide, MV75) you have to know exactly what to look for. Now since ebay has been cracking on KOs recently, its possible that there will be a flood of 'loose' Cyclonuses and Scourges on Ebay. These are the real danger as its almost impossible to tell the differences from an auction pic.

I recommend buying more trustworthy sellers of loose figures such as Transformerland.

Pulse
24th September 2008, 07:02 PM
What's more worrying to me is the pic of Wheeljack next to it.

My thoughts exactly. What about all those KO boxes in the background? *shakes head*

kup
24th September 2008, 07:12 PM
Well if you really want one and wish to pay 300% the ebay market value of a legit G1 figure, you can always go to the KO dealers at the Parra Fair :p

MV75
25th September 2008, 08:09 AM
At least the missing rub sticker on cyclonus and the wrong coloured sticker on scourge will identify them, but it's not hard to get around that for the really determined ebay scum.

griffin
25th September 2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah, they just spend a couple o dollars on rub stickers from reprolables(?) and their Cyclonus toys would look legit on ebay photos. And what of the legit ones that lost their rub stickers (like many of my old toys that I got second hand)? I think it will be a lot harder for fans to sell their toys, without false accusations, or just less bids from people not wanting to take the risk.

JuzMel
25th September 2008, 04:19 PM
I don't understand how can people make the figure looks so genuine though? How can you tell that they are KO if you don't put 2 and 2 side by side?

heroic_decepticon
25th September 2008, 04:58 PM
I hate KOs.

MV75
25th September 2008, 05:03 PM
I don't understand how can people make the figure looks so genuine though? How can you tell that they are KO if you don't put 2 and 2 side by side?

You click on my link and also read the comments posted here. ;) That's how you tell.

Or if it's not to do with these figures, you post it in the forums as a question. :)

MV75
2nd October 2008, 07:45 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/buyer-beware-generation-1-reproduction-knock-off-wheeljack-is-out-in-the-wild-165924/

Mutha f------

liegeprime
2nd October 2008, 09:48 AM
Please note that this product is not an official Hasbro product and is not endorsed by Hasbro in any way and is therefore not subject to the strict quality controls that an official Hasbro Transformer will undergo before release. - from the TFW2005 link provided..

LOL this really made me laugh!!:D:D. What QC are they talking about?? Have they been paying attentionto the shoddy plastic materials and lousy paintjobs as well as shonky electronics/inconsistently working gimmicks we are getting releases of lately, pretty ironic. "Strict" yeah right!

Oh and yeah KO makers... bastards!

gamblor916
2nd October 2008, 10:10 AM
I'm sure these will show up at the scalpers table at Parra fair :/
Sad thing is people will still buy them.

Pulse
2nd October 2008, 10:38 AM
I'm sure these will show up at the scalpers table at Parra fair :/
Sad thing is people will still buy them.

That is a given... :(

I remember at the last fair there was this one guy with his wife & kid checking out the KO Seller. Anyway, the guy was gonna buy a KO Prime.

Me: "Mate, you know that's a KO?"

Him: "How do you know?"

Me: "The cab is 2 different shades of red"

Him: "Thanks :) I nearly wasted my money on this thing"

Anyday I can prevent someone being suckered in by a KO is a good day... :)

Soundwarp
3rd October 2008, 06:19 AM
Man Hasbro needs to step it up a notch so the real thing is out there too.

blackie
9th October 2008, 08:10 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Generation-1-Scourge_W0QQitemZ180297615839QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem180297615839&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A10|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

so there out on the market...

in 3....2......1..... REPORT :P

Soundwarp
9th October 2008, 08:15 PM
Reported!

Soundwarp
9th October 2008, 08:18 PM
"Hello, Thank you for your report. This is an automatically generated message from eBay. Please do not reply to this message. We would like to let you know that we have received your email and will thoroughly investigate the information you have provided. Please keep in mind that the actions taken on a specific listing are confidential and between eBay and the seller. We will not be able to keep you informed of our actions for privacy reasons, however we assure you thatwe will thoroughly examine this information and take the appropriate action if a violation of eBay policy has occurred. If you believe an item is potentially infringing and it was not removed by eBay, we encourage you to contact the rights owner and inform them ofthe alleged infringement. Rights Owners may request the removal of listings they feel infringe upon their rights through eBay's Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program. If you are a Rights Owner and would like more information regarding the VeRO Program, please visit: http://pages.ebay.com.sg/help/confidence/programs-vero.html We appreciate your concerns and thank you for helping to keep eBay a safe and reputable venue in which to trade. Regards, eBay Singapore Trust & Safety Community Watch Team"

Yeah, we'll see.

blackie
9th October 2008, 08:33 PM
lol the bloke sold 2 KO reflectors for $64 usd recently too. so sad people can beleive these are real..... like the way he posts the pictures on his blog, so he doesnt get in trouble with ebay, shifty bloke

MV75
9th October 2008, 08:39 PM
Both of his auctions reported here. :)

Zippo
10th October 2008, 06:06 PM
I still want a KO Wheeljack..

blackie
29th October 2008, 04:19 PM
ok kids wheeljack is out.
just found it (link removed)
fair expensive for a ko (US$66)

jgon2098
29th October 2008, 04:26 PM
I HATE KNOCKOFFS!!! especially when they are so close to the real thing!!!! really devalues the legit ones...

Zippo
29th October 2008, 08:11 PM
As soon as I get some cash, that is so purchased!

MV75
23rd November 2008, 09:46 AM
Predaking now:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/downscaled-transformers-generation-1-predaking-knock-off-166260/

TheDirtyDigger
23rd November 2008, 10:09 AM
At least it's scaled down so informed buyers can't be fooled.

kup
24th November 2008, 10:24 AM
That Predaking has been around Ebay and other KO places for at least a year. The good thing as mentioned by DirtyDigger is that you would have to willingly buy it or be dumb to be fooled by it since it is scaled down and considerably different to the original.

It would be awful if they had decided to make a Takara reissue style one.