PDA

View Full Version : Where do you put Fort Max/Metroplex/Devastator?

DELTAprime
6th February 2016, 06:19 PM
I'm finding that my huge figures are collecting far more dust and crap on the floor than the figures on the shelves. I'm guessing I'm not the only one with figures too large to fit on shelves, so where does everyone put their huge figures?

CoRDS
6th February 2016, 06:57 PM
the very top shelf towering over everything.

Zommael
6th February 2016, 07:07 PM
Yep, top of the book case. It doesn't keep them clean but they look nicer up there.

liegeprime
6th February 2016, 07:09 PM

+1 ^ this......just make sure that they are securely standing and no posing coz otherwise they will topple... and make sure the shelf you put them on doesn't rock or wobble as well.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC07900_zpsroimen3m.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC07900_zpsroimen3m.jpg.html)

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC07896_zpswp3xdpkw.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC07896_zpswp3xdpkw.jpg.html)

CoRDS
6th February 2016, 07:59 PM
+1 ^ this......just make sure that they are securely standing and no posing coz otherwise they will topple... and make sure the shelf you put them on doesn't rock as well.

nah i like to live dangerously

Raider
6th February 2016, 08:11 PM

^This for Fort Max. Metroplex and Devastator are on shelves. I'm talking G1 and not Combiner wars :p

Jetfire in the sky
6th February 2016, 08:53 PM
+1 ^ this......just make sure that they are securely standing and no posing coz otherwise they will topple... and make sure the shelf you put them on doesn't rock or wobble as well.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC07900_zpsroimen3m.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC07900_zpsroimen3m.jpg.html)

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC07896_zpswp3xdpkw.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC07896_zpswp3xdpkw.jpg.html)

That is absolutely glorious. I need to take the drum kit out of my collection room and put in some ogling/admiring bean bags (plus rad lighting) to be very similar.

All my shelves are "custom" installed so certain series will fir the sizes just right, I specifically made two shelves for Fort max (or equivalent) and Titan Metroplex above him just to have a magnificent bigbot corner :)

Bidoofdude
7th February 2016, 11:28 PM
Metroplex (and Devy soon) are on the top of my shelf. He's posed quite decently and stands solid. I do also have a drumkit in my room, which makes a lot of figures move around and sometimes fall over, but he seems to stay there. I am always worried though.

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2016, 12:34 AM
My toys are arranged in order of series and faction, so...
* Metroplexes = 1986 Autobot middle shelf
* Trypticons = 1986 Decepticons, top shelf
* Fortress Maximi = 1987 Autobots middle and top shelves
* Brave Maximus = Car Robot/RiD shelf
* Generations Metroplex = CHUGUR, top shelf
* Generations Devastator = CHUGUR, lowest shelf (actually a TV stand)
* Unicron = Armada shelf
* Primus = Cybertron, lowest shelf (in planet mode to conserve space)
* Darth Vader/Death Star = Star Wars (in Death Star mode to... you get the idea)
* Darth Vader/Anakin/Star Destroyer = SW, Destroyer mode

UltraMarginal
8th February 2016, 10:30 AM
Liege, that room/collection/layout is awesome!

I need to take the drum kit out of my collection room

You watch your mouth!:eek:

I do also have a drumkit in my room,

Represent!

I have my drumkit in my 'study' which also happens to have a glass display cabinet in the corner. (and desk and computer desk and bookshelves full of DVD's.) Sadly there is no 'collection room'

My Metroplex stands on a shelf above my desk in the same room. I'm not sure where Devastator is going.
my G1 Fort Max stays in his box in the wardrobe because I don't have the space for him.

jazzcomp
8th February 2016, 11:37 AM
They're both on the floor and metroplex is in battle station mode :) Next to him is Devastator.

Paulbot
8th February 2016, 12:28 PM
This question is why I'm considering getting rid of my Metroplex and Fort Maxes. They take up a lot of space, are had to fit on the shelves, collect too much dust on the ground and aren't that much fun to transform.

Devastator falls into the trap too but he can be turned into six individual robots who fit in nicely with MP and Leader class 'Cons.

MayzaPrime
8th February 2016, 12:46 PM
I have display cases with adjustable shelves... I will post some pictures tonight when I get home

BigTransformerTrev
8th February 2016, 01:09 PM
On top of the bookcase in my study next to Gigantic Action Scorponok

liegeprime
8th February 2016, 02:03 PM
Thanks guys. Im just lucky I have the space, but if you do not well you might wanna stand the big bots on a low table next to the shelves.having the big bots on the floor does make them quite dusty more than usual especially if the area is high activity... or you can display in base mode - chose the more slimmer base and display it with some other figures on board, that way they serve as a platform for the other figures as well, double purpose. Of course that will indeed eat more space than in bot mode but you do get to put more bots in/on them like a diorama style .... again most likely at the top of the shelves or midshelf if the height permits...this is ehat I did for the Platinum Trypticon I got . Displayed it in base mode and have the decepticon micromasters all over him like a busy city display. But its the bottom most shekf in my G1 display.

Ralph Wiggum
8th February 2016, 02:33 PM
Metroplex and Devastator fit nicely in my Detolf shelf...

...because I've only got the G1 versions :D

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2016, 04:07 PM
Metroplex and Devastator fit nicely in my Detolf shelf...

...because I've only got the G1 versions :D
And if you only have one of each. My G1 Metroplex, Devastator etc. take up more space because I have multiples (original + reissue) and display them in different modes, and the alt modes occupy more space. My G1 gestalts are displayed combined, but if I have reissues, then the reissues are displayed in individual robot modes, which takes up more space. Gah.

Ralph Wiggum
8th February 2016, 04:46 PM
Yeah, space is the sole reason I've cut back my collecting of anything down to one thing: Masterpieces. My girlfriend moving last year caused me to take stock of my lifetime of collecting Star Wars, Transformers and other pop culture stuff. It's been fun, but I don't have the space to store everything with boxes and well...dust.

DELTAprime
8th February 2016, 08:31 PM
I'm actually thinking about putting away or maybe selling my Encore Fort Max when the Titan Fort Max comes out. While I think he's a cool G1 toy, space is an issue for most of us. I've taken some advice from this thread and put Fort Max, Metroplex and Devastator on the top shelf. I'm actually going to buy more of my shelves next week, one Titan per shelf, for now.

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2016, 08:55 PM
Yeah, space is the sole reason I've cut back my collecting of anything down to one thing: Masterpieces. My girlfriend moving last year caused me to take stock of my lifetime of collecting Star Wars, Transformers and other pop culture stuff. It's been fun, but I don't have the space to store everything with boxes and well...dust.
Yeah, but 2 years ago I made a decision to give away most of my non-TF toy collections because I hadn't played with those toys in years. Now I primarily focus just on collecting and keeping toys that I still play with, so it's Transformers and a small handful of other toys. :o

SMHFConvoy
8th February 2016, 09:50 PM
Yeah, but 2 years ago I made a decision to give away most of my non-TF toy collections because I hadn't played with those toys in years. Now I primarily focus just on collecting and keeping toys that I still play with, so it's Transformers and a small handful of other toys. :o

I did a similar thing, however, I then got into customising :rolleyes: and started picking up extra figures (because you get ideas) so now I'm trying to not buy many TFs and just grind through the customs I want to make.

Frenzy
13th February 2016, 02:21 PM
As I only collect G1 so far I have much less of a size challenge. My Devastator will just fit into my dining room bookcase but since he is my favourite he will stay on my computer desk top shelf and leave more space in the case for others. I do have other glass display cabinets but one is filled with a Mineral collection and the other with over 200 x 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figures + SW ships. As for my front room its bookcases are filled with paperbacks and Tamiya RC vehicles. I will be moving to a larger house in a few years so I'll have more room to play with then

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th February 2016, 08:15 PM
To be honest, it's precisely this factor that stopped me from picking up either of them. Well, that and Metroplex's alt-modes not really doing it for me.
I appreciate the idea behind them, but I just don't have the space to display and/or store toys that big. About the largest I can manage is something around the size of MP Star Saber or a Combiner Wars gestalt (or MMCs Feral Rex).

That said, I'd make an exception for a Titan-class-sized Unicron, and probably a Primus too.

DELTAprime
14th February 2016, 08:37 PM
That said, I'd make an exception for a Titan-class-sized Unicron, and probably a Primus too.

Great, you just made me want a Titan class Unicron for the 30th anniversary of the movie.:p

liegeprime
15th February 2016, 01:22 AM
And if you only have one of each. My G1 Metroplex, Devastator etc. take up more space because I have multiples (original + reissue) and display them in different modes, and the alt modes occupy more space. My G1 gestalts are displayed combined, but if I have reissues, then the reissues are displayed in individual robot modes, which takes up more space. Gah.

Well, the combiners in my G1 are 2 sets ( the more common ones - not the Jap ones e.g. Liokaiser)...displayed one in combined mode and 1 set individual robot mode.... they take up a whole shelf space...was contemplating on getting a 3rd for individual altmode.... but nah... no more space hahahahah

as it is with all the new figures coming out now again, I'll have to rethink my display and rearrange a couple in the CHUGR line coz it's filling up again...

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2016, 09:40 AM
I thought you had everything in triplicate. :p

Great, you just made me want a Titan class Unicron for the 30th anniversary of the movie.:p
I'm happy with my Armada Unicron. There have been improved redecos since, but the Armada one suits me fine. I'm not sure if I'd want a Titan Class Unicron because let's face it, a Unicron toy would have to be at least as tall as a two storey house to approach being in approximate scale with other Transformer toys. ;)

...having said that, I could display the Titan in robot mode and Armada Unicron in planetoid mode... :p :p

philby
16th February 2016, 03:36 PM
at the moment my generations metroplex is standing on top of my chest of drawers and UW devastator is standing on a desk in my room. I've got 1 detolf for display and they are too big! I'm not sure what else to do with them for now hehe.

http://i.imgur.com/X04JOqd.jpg

liegeprime
17th February 2016, 06:23 PM
I thought you had everything in triplicate. :p

Only on some figures I really like- G1 Dinobots (missing just a 3rd Snarl to complete the set), and some that I saw in the old toons are multiples Sweeps, Insecticons ( okay this more than 3 sets hehehe).

Most are doubles ( Malibu Stacey doll syndrome :o:p) some due to rubber wheels and plastic wheel variant ( Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime).... others like the combiners, the minibots, the cassettes / and players, battlechargers because I like to display in altmode as well as robot mode and the citybots ( Metro and Trypticon). The UBer big ones ... well if Space permitted I would get me a second Fort Max and Scorponok and leave those in base mode for a diorama display that keeps changing using some of the doubles

Lint
17th February 2016, 06:47 PM
Mine are on top of my ALDI "trophy cabinets" ! Although not as elegant as a Deltolf they provide a very sturdy top that can be recessed if you're hilariously bad at following instructions like I am.

http://i.imgur.com/PIzVXnbl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1VBr4frl.jpg