PDA

View Full Version : Transformers on A Current Affair 25-9-08

Scattershot
24th September 2008, 07:11 PM
Just caught the end on todays ACA and it mentioned that tomorrow they will be showing a report from on the set of TF2. Looks like an interview from Entertainment Tonight. Thought I'd let you know... BTW this was on Brisbane ACA if its not the same everywhere.

loophole
24th September 2008, 09:04 PM
it was also on in SA as well, at the end it was stated the Shia hurt his hand in a car accident and that they had to write it in and i quote "you heard it hear first" lmao :p

griffin
25th September 2008, 01:30 PM
Editted the title to 25-9-08 (was 2-9-08) as I'm guessing that it relates to tonight's episode?

TheDirtyDigger
25th September 2008, 01:31 PM
Nah it was on last night. Didn't show much at all really.

kup
25th September 2008, 02:59 PM
I saw the ET broadcast on Youtube. Nothing special it shows no robots and its all about how 'Awesome' Bay is because he blows stuff up.

You will get nothing out of it unless you are into Bay and the actors.

Scattershot
25th September 2008, 05:35 PM
Editted the title to 25-9-08 (was 2-9-08) as I'm guessing that it relates to tonight's episode?

Thanks Griff, my keyboards batteries are running low. It takes about 5 goes to write a full sentence cause it skips letters. I already had corrected a few but missed that one. It should be on ACA in QLD now.

griffin
26th September 2008, 12:19 AM
Looks like it must have been last night as DD said, as it wasn't on tonight (25th). Doesn't sound like I missed much anyway.

GoktimusPrime
26th September 2008, 07:59 AM
My wife saw something about TF2 on ET and said that Michael Bay approached the ET crew on the TF2 set and was angrily shouting at them and saying stuff like, "Who are you?! What are you doing here?!" and after thoroughly freaking the ET crew out Bay just started laughing and said, "Just joking." and the ET crew all had a good chuckle too. :)

i_amtrunks
26th September 2008, 09:48 AM
Saw it on youtube.

It was a serious waste of 11 minutes.

Pulse
26th September 2008, 01:13 PM
Saw it on youtube.

It was a serious waste of 11 minutes.

ACA sure know how to ask the tough questions... :D

kup
26th September 2008, 01:20 PM
ACA sure know how to ask the tough questions... :D

Its not ACA, its Entertainment Tonight. ACA just broadcasted the ET 'story'.

It was indeed a waste of 11 minutes. It was all about how 'awesome' Bay is as well as the actors. I don't care very much for any of them personally and despite watching the first movie, I am not in agreement that Bay was the correct choice as the director. In general I don't think very much of Bay as a director. The ET thing didn't even focus on the story just how Bay likes to blow up crap.

So it was very tedious for me to watch, I was hoping for some good TF revelation at the end but that never came to happen.

I hope this attitude of making the Transfomers 'extras' in a movie bearing their name and focusing on Bay and the actors as the main attraction does not carry over to the final product.

There should be a more balanced approach.

Pulse
26th September 2008, 01:35 PM
I am so getting sick of these "Entertainment Reporters" painting Bay as the guy single-most responsible for resurrecting TFs... :mad:

It's as though (from their eyes) Transformers were dead & buried before Bay gave them a second lease on life... *They deserve a ... :mad:*

Burn
28th September 2008, 08:01 AM
it was also on in SA as well, at the end it was stated the Shia hurt his hand in a car accident and that they had to write it in and i quote "you heard it hear first" lmao :p

Caught that too and gave me a damn good laugh.

I didn't mind Tracey but since she went to ACA she lost all credibility. Comes from being attached to the show I suppose, it hasn't had credibility in years.

Pulse
28th September 2008, 12:21 PM
I didn't mind Tracey but since she went to ACA she lost all credibility. Comes from being attached to the show I suppose, it hasn't had credibility in years.

Hey, there will be no slagging of Anti-cellulite creams round these parts... :D

dirge
28th September 2008, 03:54 PM
Hey, don't bag Tracey. Or you'll have Deborah Hutton to answer to! :p

I can't believe anyone actually watches ACA/TT. I'm not talking about treating it as a joke, I'm talking about _watching_ it.

Burn
28th September 2008, 04:45 PM
meh, I don't watch it, it's everyone else in the house that has it on.

Personally i'd pop it onto pay-tv. Sure it might be a repeat of The Simpsons on Fox 8 or some moronic reality crap on MTV, or hell, even the news on Sky News, but frankly, they're all improvements over ACA and Home and Away at that time. (TT is on earlier here)

Pulse
28th September 2008, 05:17 PM
I can't believe anyone actually watches ACA/TT. I'm not talking about treating it as a joke, I'm talking about _watching_ it.

I honestly have no idea why those shows are still on tele at all - let alone at primetime... :confused:

I mean, the whole Mercedes Corby/Jodi Power war between the 2 shows illustrated just how low the 2 shows will stoop for ratings... :rolleyes: :D

loophole
28th September 2008, 05:24 PM
I dont watch it my dad does thats the only reason why i even saw it i cant stand ACA/TT

kup
28th September 2008, 07:09 PM
Hey, don't bag Tracey. Or you'll have Deborah Hutton to answer to! :p

I haven't seen it in many years. I hate those shows as they are represent everything that is wrong with the modern news services.

I saw the ET thing on youtube after it was linked on another board before the local broadcast.

Why they are still on? Who knows.

Australian free to air TV still ranks as the worse I have ever encountered. Even in poor countries were there were only 2 channels they still made an effort to show some variety and entertainment even if the stuff broadcasted was 20 years old.

liegeprime
28th September 2008, 07:44 PM
There should be a more balanced approach.

Exactly. Meaning less of these blowhard actors and more of the Robots.... I mean Hellooooo the movie is entitled "Transformers", not "teenage delinquents", or "Star complex airheads". Oh and a little more death scenes, honestly even the fight of Megs and Prime on the first movie , hellooooo prime gets thrown to a building , no one got killed, he fell down on the pavement no human got squished?!? WTF?!? Oh and that soldier getting the shishkebab from Scorponok, ... really thats it??

Australian free to air TV still ranks as the worse I have ever encountered. Even in poor countries were there were only 2 channels they still made an effort to show some variety and entertainment even if the stuff broadcasted was 20 years old.

AMEN. Free TV here is BORING AS!!

Gutsman Heavy
28th September 2008, 08:00 PM
I doubt we will see gratuitous on screen human deaths, and it probably should be that way. Still one can assume then there is implied death, good luck surviving Optimus crashing into your cubical!

kup
28th September 2008, 09:01 PM
My biggest concerns are:

- Bad Directing
- Bad characters (includes both humans and TFs)
- Swiss cheese plot

Sadly I just summarized the core of what makes a Bay film.

loophole
28th September 2008, 09:04 PM
but on the plus side there will be alot of explosions :p

Pulse
28th September 2008, 11:22 PM
Hence the existence of this... http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn204/Pulse_Warrior/Random/awesome.gif *sigh*